FB14

K1 Expedite Request Approved after 17 Days!!!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you guys for the positive feedback. This journey is really a journey. Beyond frustration. I think its more of an emotional and mental journey. Cant wait til it is all over. Good luck to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello VJers,

I dont mean to brag, but Im extremely happy that my request for expedite under the financial hardship category was approved after 17 days! Firstly, I want to let you guys know that getting your Congress Representative involved in your case DOES help. On September 24, I requested an expedite under financial hardship. On the same day I received a request for evidence. I sent my evidence on September 28th through fax. I received a fax confirmation and that's it. I practically called the USCIS everyday. On October 10th, I requested an expedite for a decision. The Tier 2 operator told me that by Monday October 15th, I will receive a decision. However, I didnt all I received was an email stating that they received my evidence and that my case was still under review. So today when I called again the Tier 2 said maybe I should contact my Representative. So I did out of frustration. Being that my first K1 petition was denied at the US Consulate in Jamaica, I contacted my Congress Representative back in Janaury. And I had no idea that any other case sent to the USCIS is reported to my Congress Representative. Luckily, my Congress Representative is Jamaican like me. Anyway, when I called the office today they told me that they sent me mail and if I received it. And then I said why what happen? Then she said to me that the VSC center emailed them letting them know that my second I129F petition was approved for expedited processing on October 11,2012. Just to show you how inaccurate the USCIS can be. It is better to get your Congress Representative involved because they directly contact the Service Centers. And once you get them involved, they will follow up on any other thing that you do with the USCIS. Also, for anyone that feels that they will have a good enough reason for an expedite please do it and pray on it. I received a lot of negative feedbacks from some VJers. The ones who believed that only US Deployments get approved. Also, those with medical emergencies. Financial hardships do get approved! And I make way above the poverty level. So please dont assume that this will effect your case in any way. Just cause you make enough doesnt mean you can't have financial hardships. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.

P.S. Positive Feedback accepted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I would love to have your help. I am trying to apply for the hardship of being a quad with a C4/C5 spinal cord injury. Everybody said, I will be denied because I didn't see my future wife in person in Ethiopia. It's impossable for me to fly. Any advice for me? I need some coaching, I am freaking out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would love to have your help. I am trying to apply for the hardship of being a quad with a C4/C5 spinal cord injury. Everybody said, I will be denied because I didn't see my future wife in person in Ethiopia. It's impossable for me to fly. Any advice for me? I need some coaching, I am freaking out.

If you are doing the I-129f route you must have met your fiancee within the last two years. Which one of you is the USC? Why can't she come and visit you? Surely you would want to meet someone in person before marrying them??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is truly awesome, I'm really happy for you... Would you advise getting in touch with your local congress representative if, you're trying to adjust your spouses status as well...????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day! Yes you have to meet your fiance its no way of getting around that. However ; there is a good chance for you to qualify for a expedite. It worked for me. Don't listen to these People some know what they are talking about while others just want to be heard. Try to make plans to see your girl. Once you put in your petition ask the Usics rep to send a service request to expedite your petition. Follow wat you feel. You won't know if You don't try. Good Luck to you!!"

Feb14 thats my girl!!! Do your thang girl!""you are on your way

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day! Yes you have to meet your fiance its no way of getting around that. However ; there is a good chance for you to qualify for a expedite. It worked for me. Don't listen to these People some know what they are talking about while others just want to be heard. Try to make plans to see your girl. Once you put in your petition ask the Usics rep to send a service request to expedite your petition. Follow wat you feel. You won't know if You don't try. Good Luck to you!!"

Feb14 thats my girl!!! Do your thang girl!""you are on your way

Yes Mrs.Alongo! You know some of these peeps on VJ just love to be heard!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJers,

I dont mean to brag, but Im extremely happy that my request for expedite under the financial hardship category was approved after 17 days! Firstly, I want to let you guys know that getting your Congress Representative involved in your case DOES help. On September 24, I requested an expedite under financial hardship. On the same day I received a request for evidence. I sent my evidence on September 28th through fax. I received a fax confirmation and that's it. I practically called the USCIS everyday. On October 10th, I requested an expedite for a decision. The Tier 2 operator told me that by Monday October 15th, I will receive a decision. However, I didnt all I received was an email stating that they received my evidence and that my case was still under review. So today when I called again the Tier 2 said maybe I should contact my Representative. So I did out of frustration. Being that my first K1 petition was denied at the US Consulate in Jamaica, I contacted my Congress Representative back in Janaury. And I had no idea that any other case sent to the USCIS is reported to my Congress Representative. Luckily, my Congress Representative is Jamaican like me. Anyway, when I called the office today they told me that they sent me mail and if I received it. And then I said why what happen? Then she said to me that the VSC center emailed them letting them know that my second I129F petition was approved for expedited processing on October 11,2012. Just to show you how inaccurate the USCIS can be. It is better to get your Congress Representative involved because they directly contact the Service Centers. And once you get them involved, they will follow up on any other thing that you do with the USCIS. Also, for anyone that feels that they will have a good enough reason for an expedite please do it and pray on it. I received a lot of negative feedbacks from some VJers. The ones who believed that only US Deployments get approved. Also, those with medical emergencies. Financial hardships do get approved! And I make way above the poverty level. So please dont assume that this will effect your case in any way. Just cause you make enough doesnt mean you can't have financial hardships. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.

P.S. Positive Feedback accepted!

Congrats!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** zombie thread closed ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.