TucsonBill

Possible fraud situation

85 posts in this topic

Should you report an incident you had no interest hearing about, told by some drunken schmuck sitting next to you on a 13 hour flight?

YOu said he was drunk, I would let it for the Ho Chi Minh consulate to take care of him, It's already hard as it is for those folks going through that consulate, I hope in the process of doing their job, they will screen that fellow out. Specially with the huge age difference, he could be her grandpa.

Gone but not Forgotten!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Bill wrote: "He was approched by a Vietnamese man who owns a restraunt in LA, with a photo of a very pretty vietnamese girl and the asked if he would like to marry her. The restraunt owner said it was his cousin. . . . he was told all he had to do was accompany this restraunt owner to Vietnam, get his photo taken with the girl in Vietnam, and he could 'do with her what ever he pleased' while there.... He elaborated, I won't, (trust me, this man was disgusting!)."

and Lisa wrote:

"Who are you to say what a marriage should be? There are many on here who make no bones about saying that soemtimes marriage can be a 'mutually beneficial relationship' that doesn't necessarily mandate love."

The point is, US immigration is the one who gets to determine if a relationship between a US citizen and a foreign national is valid or if it is fraudulent and made only to get a foreign national into the US to obtain a green card. The age difference, the fact they have never met, the fact that the drunken sot is willing to have an 18 year old to 'do what he will with" all merit closer attention. To ignore this situation and pretend it is unconscionable interference is strongly akin to those who see some little old lady getting beaten up on a public street and refuse to get involved because it is 'none of my business'. I would rather err on the side of caution than otherwise and apologize later if I was wrong and accept whatever consequences are due from my 'interference'.

And one other point of consideration, I am very curious just how many 'cousins' this restaurant owner lays claim to; I wouldn't be surprised if he proves to have an impossibly large 'family'.

When we start dissecting the relationships on vj with the same fine tooth comb, then you will have a point. But since you're so concerned with the legitmacy of this relationship re: US immigration standards, have there been any posters here that raise red flags to you as well, and if so, what have you done about them?

I have seen more than one 'CONGRATULATIONS' post where there's

1) no shared common language

2) a huge age diff

3) limited physical contact...or even none at all!

4) a 'cousin' who introduced them.

Have we reported them? Called ICE? Called the foreign embassy? Not to my knowledge, no......

So tough luck for the cabbie cos he's not a VJ member. If he was, we'd be all 'YAY! ENJOY YOUR LAUNDRY!'

I'm right, and everyone here knows that.....you all might not publicly admit it, but you know it's true.

lisa, i think one difference between this guy and anyone on vj is that they had not met yet, but he had grand plans already about what was going to happen. the original post does sound like an arrangement, and not a thing from the girl. maybe she's in on it, maybe she's not.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
lisa, i think one difference between this guy and anyone on vj is that they had not met yet, but he had grand plans already about what was going to happen. the original post does sound like an arrangement, and not a thing from the girl. maybe she's in on it, maybe she's not.

How does that make him different?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Charles - that happens on VJ every day. There is a guy in the Russian forum doing the SAME THING. Planning a trip to Russia to meet a girl he's been talking to so he can file for her.

And everyone is like, "Have a great trip, enjoy your laundry."

As a former social worker, people's "hearsay" and interpretations of things have ruined TONS of lives. Like Lisa's example...this whole thing was hearsay...the guy could have been full of it...either way - it IS the government's job to determine fraud and tehy would have, if it were fraud...

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Charles - that happens on VJ every day. There is a guy in the Russian forum doing the SAME THING. Planning a trip to Russia to meet a girl he's been talking to so he can file for her.

As a former social worker, people's "hearsay" and interpretations of things have ruined TONS of lives. Like Lisa's example...this whole thing was hearsay...the guy could have been full of it...either way - it IS the government's job to determine fraud and tehy would have, if it were fraud...

Maybe we should start a thread, Caro ;) We can point out the posts so that people here can report them too.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lisa - not enough time in the day. Didn't you see that poll where it asked, have you seen someone who you thought was being used for a GC?? How many ppl answered yes!

But that RUssia example is the first one that pops in my mind.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Lisa - not enough time in the day. Didn't you see that poll where it asked, have you seen someone who you thought was being used for a GC?? How many ppl answered yes!

But that RUssia example is the first one that pops in my mind.

Yep!

It abounds here, yet everyone's all 'report the cabbie' which makes me angry.

Maybe we should start a thread, Caro ;) We can point out the posts so that people here can report them too.

Mm... Stalin's secret police....nice.

learn to recognize sarcam, my internet friend

Unless I'm missing a sarcastic tone, which would then be wildly irnoic & v funny ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is disgusting and disturbing on VJ or anywhere else. I have seen it here. It makes me want to vomit.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mm... Stalin's secret police....nice.

learn to recognize sarcam, my internet friend

Unless I'm missing a sarcastic tone, which would then be wildly irnoic & v funny ;)

Of course - I was being sarcastic too, Lisa :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

as i looked at the original post on this topic, it shows a major difference. the person you reference in the first paragraph had prior communication with the guy. in the op there is not a thing about any communication whatsoever, making it sound like an arrangement. perhaps you and lisa see it as not being different, i do.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
as i looked at the original post on this topic, it shows a major difference. the person you reference in the first paragraph had prior communication with the guy. in the op there is not a thing about any communication whatsoever, making it sound like an arrangement. perhaps you and lisa see it as not being different, i do.

So what? Since when are arranged marriages illegal? You have to meet your fiancee

in person to get a K-1 but that's about the only requirement (besides the obvious visa

eligibility requirements.)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

So what? Since when are arranged marriages illegal? You have to meet your fiancee

in person to get a K-1 but that's about the only requirement (besides the obvious visa

eligibility requirements.)

i think you gotta meet them to get a k-3 too :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *