TucsonBill

Possible fraud situation

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, I called the ICE hotline today - gave them all the details, I feel better that I did.

And told them what? Was there a crime to report?

I don't know if I should report this incident or not, but its certainly been bugging me!

Report what exactly? That a 50 year old American drunk is going to Thailand to

hook up with his 18-year old fiancée? Yah, that's highly illegal. So illegal in fact that

there are probably 50 VJ members doing the same thing as we speak.

I don't believe that many people who are lured into a situation like this cab driver was would bother to participate on VJ, but then ... opinions vary.

Lured? Who are you trying to protect again? The poor innocent 50-year old drunk

who was "lured" to Thailand to sleep with an 18-year old? Or the poor innocent

18-year old who wants a green card and is willing to sleep with the old man to get it?

I ahve to agree in this case. Unless money has exchanged hands and until either one of the petitioned and attempted to gain entry to the USA, there's nothing more going on here than just two rather unorthodox love birds, or sex birds, meeting!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

they'll, if they ever do find out his name, just put it on "the list"...and eventually,...if they ever get around to it and stop eating their doughnuts, will get around and investigate it lol

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Bill,

I'd report the same details to the consulate in Ho Chi Min City as well.

Yodrak

Bill,

Contact ICE. They may already have a file on this restaurant owner or ring, who may have pleasantry7fm.gif 'lots of cousins'. Your added info may assist.

Thanks, I called the ICE hotline today - gave them all the details, I feel better that I did.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
they'll, if they ever do find out his name, just put it on "the list"...and eventually,...if they ever get around to it and stop eating their doughnuts, will get around and investigate it lol

Oooh yeah they are going to find out his name -- they are sending Columbo

to Thailand to work the case! Mulder and Scully are looking into it as well - LOL

Edited by mawilson
biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mawilson,

Vietnam.

Yodrak

Thailand's next door neighbor :blush:

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bill, you did the right thing. Whether ICE arranges to investigate or not is their concern now. You have given them the details. If it turns out to be a 'real' relationship that will surface, however I find it difficult to believe a real relationships exists between an 18 year old and a 50 year old who have never met or talked with each other, and he only has to take his photo with her and then 'have his way' with her afterwards. The whole situation seems fraught with the potential for fraud and/or abuse and is highly suspect. You will probably never know the outcome, but you have done what you could based on the information that you had. I would have done the same.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I think the cabbie is the one who sat next to the schmuck.

You don't know the first thing about these people, other than the ramblings of a drunken man. Who are you to say what a marriage should be? There are many on here who make no bones about saying that soemtimes marriage can be a 'mutually beneficial relationship' that doesn't necessarily mandate love. How many ppl on here were introduced to their foreign SOs by family members already living in the states? Anwer: A LOT! Go look around.

Yet you had to take it upon yourself to stick your nose into something that had nothing to do with you. Bravo! Feel better now?

Honestly, some people :rolleyes:

I once knew a man whose 3 yearold lil girl had open heart surgery. After she was out of the hospital and feeling better, he took her to the store. She had bruising still from the surgery. Some do gooder much like yourself took it upon herself to report him. Years and thousands of dollars later, including supoenaed doctors' testimonies, they started rebuilding their lives.

All cos some yahoo like you decided (s)he had the story sussed.

I'm sorry, but the self-righteousness in this thread has me sick, If there was a poster here who told his story about how he flew to Vietnam with his friend who is her cousin, you all would be 'yay for love!' and you know it.

:pop:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bill wrote: "He was approched by a Vietnamese man who owns a restraunt in LA, with a photo of a very pretty vietnamese girl and the asked if he would like to marry her. The restraunt owner said it was his cousin. . . . he was told all he had to do was accompany this restraunt owner to Vietnam, get his photo taken with the girl in Vietnam, and he could 'do with her what ever he pleased' while there.... He elaborated, I won't, (trust me, this man was disgusting!)."

and Lisa wrote:

"Who are you to say what a marriage should be? There are many on here who make no bones about saying that soemtimes marriage can be a 'mutually beneficial relationship' that doesn't necessarily mandate love."

The point is, US immigration is the one who gets to determine if a relationship between a US citizen and a foreign national is valid or if it is fraudulent and made only to get a foreign national into the US to obtain a green card. The age difference, the fact they have never met, the fact that the drunken sot is willing to have an 18 year old to 'do what he will with" all merit closer attention. To ignore this situation and pretend it is unconscionable interference is strongly akin to those who see some little old lady getting beaten up on a public street and refuse to get involved because it is 'none of my business'. I would rather err on the side of caution than otherwise and apologize later if I was wrong and accept whatever consequences are due from my 'interference'.

And one other point of consideration, I am very curious just how many 'cousins' this restaurant owner lays claim to; I wouldn't be surprised if he proves to have an impossibly large 'family'.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know, Yodrak. I only said Thailand because they were going to Thailand

("got on the plane for Taipei enroute to Bangkok Thailand") and missed the fact

that the woman was Vietnamese.

Let's see...

The age difference,

Not important.

the fact they have never met,

They will have met by then.

the fact that the drunken sot is willing to have an 18 year old to 'do what he will with"

Hearsay.

all merit closer attention.

Nope.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Bill wrote: "He was approched by a Vietnamese man who owns a restraunt in LA, with a photo of a very pretty vietnamese girl and the asked if he would like to marry her. The restraunt owner said it was his cousin. . . . he was told all he had to do was accompany this restraunt owner to Vietnam, get his photo taken with the girl in Vietnam, and he could 'do with her what ever he pleased' while there.... He elaborated, I won't, (trust me, this man was disgusting!)."

and Lisa wrote:

"Who are you to say what a marriage should be? There are many on here who make no bones about saying that soemtimes marriage can be a 'mutually beneficial relationship' that doesn't necessarily mandate love."

The point is, US immigration is the one who gets to determine if a relationship between a US citizen and a foreign national is valid or if it is fraudulent and made only to get a foreign national into the US to obtain a green card. The age difference, the fact they have never met, the fact that the drunken sot is willing to have an 18 year old to 'do what he will with" all merit closer attention. To ignore this situation and pretend it is unconscionable interference is strongly akin to those who see some little old lady getting beaten up on a public street and refuse to get involved because it is 'none of my business'. I would rather err on the side of caution than otherwise and apologize later if I was wrong and accept whatever consequences are due from my 'interference'.

And one other point of consideration, I am very curious just how many 'cousins' this restaurant owner lays claim to; I wouldn't be surprised if he proves to have an impossibly large 'family'.

When we start dissecting the relationships on vj with the same fine tooth comb, then you will have a point. But since you're so concerned with the legitmacy of this relationship re: US immigration standards, have there been any posters here that raise red flags to you as well, and if so, what have you done about them?

I have seen more than one 'CONGRATULATIONS' post where there's

1) no shared common language

2) a huge age diff

3) limited physical contact...or even none at all!

4) a 'cousin' who introduced them.

Have we reported them? Called ICE? Called the foreign embassy? Not to my knowledge, no......

So tough luck for the cabbie cos he's not a VJ member. If he was, we'd be all 'YAY! ENJOY YOUR LAUNDRY!'

I'm right, and everyone here knows that.....you all might not publicly admit it, but you know it's true.