Penny Lane

Romney: "We don't have people who die because they don't have insurance"

111 posts in this topic

You're the one who is "spinning" it your way because you don't like the fact that insurance "screwed over" (eventhough they didn't) someone you once knew.

Health Care is a business. It's not a right. It's a service that is offered by other people for other people at a COST. That COST might be ridiculous and there are several factors that play in to that, but Insurance has NOTHING to do with that factor.

and no, I don't really care about joe blow pre-existing condition that can't get coverage. It's not my job to care and don't pretend that you truly care either. If it's a friend or family member, sure I care. That's all I should be worried about. If we all took care of our own and stopped demanding our neighbors to pay for us, we'd be a lot better off as a society over all.

LOL at the last part. don't expect people to care if you have a preexisting condition either then. another person who doesn't care about what happens to other people since he's not experiencing it himself.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Health Care is a business. It's not a right. It's a service that is offered by other people for other people at a COST. That COST might be ridiculous and there are several factors that play in to that, but Insurance has NOTHING to do with that factor.

I agree in the sense that what you state is how it is perceived by many in our country, and IMHO it calls for a change in paradigm altogether.

We need to realize that the people of a nation - any nation - should be considered infrastructure. The People are as important and vital as bridges, power grid, airports, roads, ports, water words and all those other facilities we take for granted. Perhaps it might behoove us as a nation and a people to stop taking people for granted.

Alternatively, we should continue to look at humans as another commodity. We all know they are knocking at our doors and standing at our shores waiting to get in, so if you were to drop dead tomorrow, the world would be none the wiser.

We need to make a choice. Either we become a nation for all or only for those who can afford being here.

If Heath Care is to be looked at as any other business then we need to weed out and get rid of the sick and the poor from our country so that these companies can operate at their optimal margins of return. We need to stop pretending we care. We need to show the world our fangs and our true colors...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL at the last part. don't expect people to care if you have a preexisting condition either then. another person who doesn't care about what happens to other people since he's not experiencing it himself.

Why do you find this funny? I never asked for anyone to give a damn about me. I don't expect anyone to take care of and worry about me. I take care of myself and those close to me. I shouldn't be expected to help take care of you either.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Typical. People who care only about themselves or their immediate loved ones and to hell with everybody else. No wonder this country suffers.

No this country suffers because people who demand everyone take care of everyone else instead of actually caring for themselves.

"My life sucks - I blame person X"

"I'm sick - I blame person X"

"I have no money - I blame person X"

"I don't have a big TV like John does, John should have to buy me one too."

We've become a gimme gimme gimme country. It's time everyone took care of themselves instead of EXPECTING to be taken care of.

We've always been a generous society, however genorosity gets taken for granted when it's expected and demanded. That's the difference today.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

No this country suffers because people who demand everyone take care of everyone else instead of actually caring for themselves.

"My life sucks - I blame person X"

"I'm sick - I blame person X"

"I have no money - I blame person X"

"I don't have a big TV like John does, John should have to buy me one too."

We've become a gimme gimme gimme country. It's time everyone took care of themselves instead of EXPECTING to be taken care of.

We've always been a generous society, however genorosity gets taken for granted when it's expected and demanded. That's the difference today.

It's sad that things like healthcare, shelter and food are "generous" and "gimme gimme gimme". Seems like basic human rights to me.

Plenty of countries who take care of each other for the good of society and not just for the good of individuals do just fine. It's a shame the US seems so against it. Survival of the fittest! Oh well.

libs are clueless. i'd suggest you go buy a clue but you probably can't afford it.

I think they're on sale at the Walmart I work at.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Timeline

It's sad that things like healthcare, shelter and food are "generous" and "gimme gimme gimme". Seems like basic human rights to me.

When one human being has a 'right' to something produced by another human being, what is that called?

It's called SLAVERY!

I think they're on sale at the Walmart I work at.

Chinese clues aren't worth the spit of the Chinese workers who died of mercury poisoning while making it.

When one human being has a 'right' to something produced by another human being, what is that called?

It's called SLAVERY!

Chinese clues aren't worth the spit of the Chinese workers who died of mercury poisoning while making it.

Chinese clues are fifth columnists for Chicoms.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Plenty of countries who take care of each other for the good of society and not just for the good of individuals do just fine. It's a shame the US seems so against it. Survival of the fittest! Oh well.

human rights? If a person has to perform the service for you, has to do a job for you, etc. Then it's not a 'right.'

Plenty of countries take care of each other to keep citizens in check and to shut them up. People don't take care of each other just to do it. They do it to get people to quit their griping, or to keep certain groups in power while giving little handouts to the peasants so they'll vote for them.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

human rights? If a person has to perform the service for you, has to do a job for you, etc. Then it's not a 'right.'

Plenty of countries take care of each other to keep citizens in check and to shut them up. People don't take care of each other just to do it. They do it to get people to quit their griping, or to keep certain groups in power while giving little handouts to the peasants so they'll vote for them.

Of course they do. What a cynical, miserable point of view.

Just because you don't care about people you aren't directly involved with, doesn't mean nobody else on the planet does.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Timeline

and freedom dies.

Of course they do. What a cynical, miserable point of view.

he doesn't live in your librul la-la land, the land of make believe.

he lives in the reality based community we call earth. i suggest you visit.

he doesn't live in your librul la-la land, the land of make believe.

he lives in the reality based community we call earth. i suggest you visit.

Sounds horrible. :(