Penny Lane

Romney: "We don't have people who die because they don't have insurance"

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Bills come in the mail pay them, work out a payment arrangement.

People need to stop blaming "insurance" or lack there-of for their problems. The problem is COST of health care itself.

The fact that you have to purchase one product to obtain another product is absurd. Insurance should NEVER be part of the equation is basic care.

If someone dies it's not from a lack of insurance. Trying to tie that into the reason why they die is very ignorant of the health care system.

Which goes to the OP initial premise that Romney was wrong in his statement.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Bills come in the mail pay them, work out a payment arrangement.

People need to stop blaming "insurance" or lack there-of for their problems. The problem is COST of health care itself.

The fact that you have to purchase one product to obtain another product is absurd. Insurance should NEVER be part of the equation is basic care.

If someone dies it's not from a lack of insurance. Trying to tie that into the reason why they die is very ignorant of the health care system.

Pay them? Easy to say if you have boatloads of money. If you don't, you can't just pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a hospital stay and some stitches.

Why should people go bankrupt to pay for medical services? Why should people make a certain amount of money in order to be able to see a doctor when they need to?

My coworker's wife died from cancer at 37 years old because they didn't have insurance at the time, couldn't GET insurance because the insurance companies didn't want to deal with her pre-existing condition, and could not afford the multiple hospital stays and rounds of chemo and radiation.

And we're supposed to say "oh well, that's your problem, stop blaming everyone else!"? What kind of attitude is that? Is that the kind of country America is?

The costs are RIDICULOUS and not everyone can afford them without insurance. Why can't we care about those people? Romney is incorrect in his statements, and most people can see that. A shame you can't. You can spin it any way you'd like, but he is factually incorrect.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What if they have insurance and still can't afford the deductibles or co-pays? Who is to blame then?

bush! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

What if they have insurance and still can't afford the deductibles or co-pays? Who is to blame then?

Who is blaming ANYONE? I'm not blaming Romney, or Republicans, or anyone. I'm not sure why you and SMOKE are so desperate to pin the situation on anyone, when that's not the topic at hand.

Filed: Timeline

Who is blaming ANYONE? I'm not blaming Romney, or Republicans, or anyone. I'm not sure why you and SMOKE are so desperate to pin the situation on anyone, when that's not the topic at hand.

i'm curious. who's fault is it then? and why did you use romney in the title of your thread & an article quoting him?

7yqZWFL.jpg

i'm curious. who's fault is it then? and why did you use romney in the title of your thread & an article quoting him?

Because Romney made the quote? Who else's name would I put beside the quote other than the person who said it? :blink:

Healthcare is a pretty big issue, and this Romney guy might become President, so when he makes an inaccurate statement about a big issue, I posted it in a Politics forum.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Timeline

Because Romney made the quote? Who else's name would I put beside the quote other than the person who said it? :blink:

Healthcare is a pretty big issue, and this Romney guy might become President, so when he makes an inaccurate statement about a big issue, I posted it in a Politics forum.

Sorry for the confusion.

so..its not about romney making a factual statement. its about the health care industry ripping everyone off? and you just came across this article quoting him. right?

7yqZWFL.jpg

ok you're still lying so let me spit some truth. this is gonna hurt so stand back.

you don't just suddenly die. you get acute before you die. and when you get acute, the ER unacutes (not a real word, a dumb word I like to use when I talk to dumb libs) you.

get it?

do i need to draw the little woman a picture?

i disagree, because freedom.

...and people don't go to the ER because they don't have health insurance that would cover anything should the bill be more than say, $50. even then, these people who can't afford health insurance can't even pay $20 really.

Thank you. I take "lib" as a compliment, since it indicates that I'm more open-minded and logical than the connotations of "conservative".

Edited by mebbe

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

so..its not about romney making a factual statement. its about the health care industry ripping everyone off? and you just came across this article quoting him. right?

It is about Romney making an incorrect statement.

And yes, I came across this incorrect statement while reading the news.

Are you f*cking with me right now or are you actually confused about my point? I can't even tell. I feel like I'm saying the same sentences over and over again and you're just asking more questions that have nothing to do with anything. :lol:

Are you f*cking with me right now or are you actually confused about my point? I can't even tell. I feel like I'm saying the same sentences over and over again and you're just asking more questions that have nothing to do with anything. :lol:

WELCOME TO VJ!!!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pay them? Easy to say if you have boatloads of money. If you don't, you can't just pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a hospital stay and some stitches.

Why should people go bankrupt to pay for medical services? Why should people make a certain amount of money in order to be able to see a doctor when they need to?

My coworker's wife died from cancer at 37 years old because they didn't have insurance at the time, couldn't GET insurance because the insurance companies didn't want to deal with her pre-existing condition, and could not afford the multiple hospital stays and rounds of chemo and radiation.

And we're supposed to say "oh well, that's your problem, stop blaming everyone else!"? What kind of attitude is that? Is that the kind of country America is?

The costs are RIDICULOUS and not everyone can afford them without insurance. Why can't we care about those people? Romney is incorrect in his statements, and most people can see that. A shame you can't. You can spin it any way you'd like, but he is factually incorrect.

You're the one who is "spinning" it your way because you don't like the fact that insurance "screwed over" (eventhough they didn't) someone you once knew.

Health Care is a business. It's not a right. It's a service that is offered by other people for other people at a COST. That COST might be ridiculous and there are several factors that play in to that, but Insurance has NOTHING to do with that factor.

and no, I don't really care about joe blow pre-existing condition that can't get coverage. It's not my job to care and don't pretend that you truly care either. If it's a friend or family member, sure I care. That's all I should be worried about. If we all took care of our own and stopped demanding our neighbors to pay for us, we'd be a lot better off as a society over all.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

You're the one who is "spinning" it your way because you don't like the fact that insurance "screwed over" (eventhough they didn't) someone you once knew.

Health Care is a business. It's not a right. It's a service that is offered by other people for other people at a COST. That COST might be ridiculous and there are several factors that play in to that, but Insurance has NOTHING to do with that factor.

and no, I don't really care about joe blow pre-existing condition that can't get coverage. It's not my job to care and don't pretend that you truly care either. If it's a friend or family member, sure I care. That's all I should be worried about. If we all took care of our own and stopped demanding our neighbors to pay for us, we'd be a lot better off as a society over all.

Typical. People who care only about themselves or their immediate loved ones and to hell with everybody else. No wonder this country suffers.