no-to-rfes

October 2012 AOS Filers

79 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just got my EAD card in the mail.

Hope I can pass the interview tomorrow. :jest:

- Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident -

11/04/2011 – We got married in Oakland, California!

10/19/2012 – (Day 00) I-130 sent to Phoenix Lockbox
10/25/2012 – (Day 06) Notification text and e-mail received
10/29/2012 – (Day 10) Hard-copy NOA received (I-130)
10/30/2012 – (Day 11) I-485/I-765 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
11/06/2012 – (Day 18) Notification text and e-mail received
11/09/2012 – (Day 21) Hard-copy NOA received (I-485/I-765)
11/10/2012 – (Day 22) Biometric appointment letter received – Date 12/04/2012
11/13/2012 – (Day 25) Successfully walk in for biometric appointment (exactly 3 weeks early)
12/13/2012 – (Day 55) Hard-copy interview notice received – Date 01/15/2013
01/14/2013 – (Day 87) Received EAD card in mail
01/15/2013 – (Day 88) I-485 interview in San Francisco, California
04/15/2013 – (Day 178) Second interview (stokes interview) in San Francisco, California – Approved on the spot
04/22/2013 – (Day 185) Received green card in mail

- Removal of Conditions -
01/15/2015 – (Day 818) Window opens

04/13/2015 – (Day 906) I-751 sent to USCIS California Center

05/15/2015 – (Day 838) Biometrics

08/31/2015 – (Day 1036) New GC produced

09/05/2015 – (Day 1041) Received new GC in mail

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received the EAD on january 19! And our interview is in 5 days!

AOS progress for my Filipino husband

Oct 06, 2012 - Married

Oct 30, 2012 (Day 0) - AOS Package (I-130 & I-485 w/EAD & Advanced Parole request) mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 01, 2012 (Day 2) - AOS Package Delivered to PO Box

Nov 01, 2012 (Day 2) - AOS Package Signed for by D Colonnia

Nov 05, 2012 (Day 6) - Received 4 text messages & 4 e-mails to confirm receipt of paperwork

Nov 09, 2012 (Day 10) - Checks cashed

Nov 09, 2012 (Day 10) - Received NOAs in the mail.

Nov 16, 2012 (Day 17) - Received Biometrics appointment info.

Dec 01, 2012 (Day 32) - Completed walk-in biometrics.

Dec 31, 2012 (Day 62) - Received interview appointment info.

Jan 19, 2012 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP Card.

Jan 31, 2013 (Day 93) - Interview

Feb 04, 2013 (Day 97) - Received Approval Letter

Feb 05, 2013 (Day 98) - Received Green Card!

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Our case has been in the "interview scheduling" phase for 2 months now and still not date... :bonk::whistle:

Husband's AOS Journey from VWP Entry

6/22/2012 Boyfriend entered US under VWP

9/15/2012 We got married!

9/21/2012 Stamp on passport expired

9/28/2012 Mailed I-130 & I-485 packets to Chicago Lock box via USPS Priority

10/2/2012 Received Date

10/4/2012 Notice Date

10/9/2012 Received text & email notifications for NOA (4 forms)

10/12/2012 Received hard copies of NOAs (all 4 forms- I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

10/15/2012 Received NOA with Biometrics Appointment

10/30/2012 Completed Biometrics (completed on date assigned)

12/11/2012 EAD & AP Approved

12/20/2012 EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

2/6/2013 Notification for Interview

3/15/2013 Interview- APPROVED!!!! :)

Timeline

We received word today that our interview will be on March 15th... Time to put the printer to work and get everything organized. Hopefully all goes smoothly...

10/2/2012 Received Date

10/4/2012 Notice Date

10/12/2012 Received hard copies of NOAs (all 4 forms- I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finally! Got an email yesterday evening that my AOS has been approved! No interview. Wooohooo!!!

Edited by yardman

Timeline

Finally! Got an email yesterday evening that my AOS has been approved! No interview. Wooohooo!!!

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We received word today that our interview will be on March 15th... Time to put the printer to work and get everything organized. Hopefully all goes smoothly...

Congrats! Hope all goes well with the interview. :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

yea.. EB1,EB2,EB3 and EB5 don't have interviews.. that's why. Congratulations!!

- 7/23/2008 came to US with F-1 visa
- 9/11/2012 I-485, I-130 and I-765 package sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
- 9/12/2012 package delivered and signed by XXX
- 9/14/2012 received email with receipt numbers
- 9/17/2012 check cashed
- 9/30/2012 received hard copy of biometrics appointment on 10/19/2012, notice dated on 9/21/2012
- 10/12/2012 successfully walk-in one week earlier without asking reason at New York Long Island City office
- 11/5/2012 started to work in a new firm
- 11/11/2012 EAD approved!!! AWESOME!
- 11/19/2012 EAD card delivered, one day ahead of my birthday!
- 1/11/2013 received txt and email about interview time
- 2/14/2013 interview - Got APPROVED on the spot!!
- 2/27/2013 USCIS online update - 485 decision!! we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status :) Later, my 130 update too!!!
- 3/4/2013 Card Production!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 11/24/2014 I-751 package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center to remove conditions

- 11/25/2014 package was delivered and signed by XXX

- 11/26/2014 check cashed @16:49 before thanksgiving!

- 12/17/2014 bio letter received, scheduled on Dec 30, 2014 11:00 AM

- 12/19/2014 early bio done in Long Island City Office!

Good Luck!!

Timeline

Here is a status update.

We had our interview on Jan 31. Our appointment was at 10:30AM and we arrived around 9:45AM.

We only brought a minimal amount of "evidence" with us. My feeling was that, we are a legitimately married couple and if they didn't want to believe us, they were welcome to stop by and visit us in our 300 SqFt studio apartment. (There's no way 2 people who weren't intimately involved could peacefully co-exist in that small of a space.) Anyway, a good friend of mine is a former Customs and Border Patrol employee and she had told me prior to our interview, that sometimes couples can actually appear like they are trying too hard.

Here is a list of what we took:

Photo Album (including pics from our wedding, my birthday, Christmas, New Years Eve & an assortment of pictures from places we've gone together ie. beach, parks, restaurants, etc.)

Letter from Pastor (This letter was on church letterhead, and he discussed the fact that he preformed pre-marital counseling with us; that he was the one who had officiated our wedding and signed our marriage certificate; and that we attend church together as a couple and have as a couple been involved in various church functions/events.)

Bank Statements & Checkbook (with both of our names on them)

My updated Social Security Card and Drivers License (Showing my name change)

Guest Book from Wedding

Christmas Cards that had been mailed to us.

Full Copy of Submitted Paperwork

Original Marriage License

The agent that did our interview was very pleasant. She had no interest in seeing the Christmas Cards, when I went to get them out, she actually said, "I don't need to see those."

She asked questions, just verifying the information that we had put on our applications. She asked him the standard "Are you a terrorist?" questions.

She did ask me if I had a check stub with me because I had not submitted any with the application, and I told her "No, I did not have one with me. And the reason I didn't submit any with the application package was because the instructions clearly stated that as long as my previous year's federal income tax return paperwork was submitted and showed that I was above the required income level, that while check stubs could be submitted they were not necessary." She nodded her head, said "ok", wrote something down and then moved on to the next question.

She flipped through our photo album and asked who a few people were that were in our pictures.

She only asked one question that we thought was odd. She asked me (I am the US Citizen) if I have ever flown on a private plane. I answered "yes", she asked me when that was. I had to think about it....I have flown on private planes several times in the past, but the most recent time was about 17 years ago.

After that she said that everything looked good, and that as long as nothing came up before the start of the next business day then we should receive our approval letter in 2-4 weeks. I thought that was kind of a funny thing to say...what are the chances that at this point in the process some new, bad, red flag could come up? I mean, at this point, I'm sure they know more about me than I know about myself!

Anyway, my husband was a little anxious after we left, because he was worried that we weren't going to get approved. But I told him to relax, because if there had been even a slight possibility that they thought we weren't a legitimately married couple, then they would have asked us a heck of a lot more questions.

A week later, we received 2 pieces of mail. A letter to me, telling me that my petition for a family member had been approved! And one for him that said "Welcome to the United States of America!" A day later, another piece of mail, this one in a priority mail envelope...his Green Card had arrived!

That's our experience...from start to finish, less than 100 days. If there's anyone out there reading this who is just beginning this process, the one piece of advice I would give is to make sure that you complete the application, go over it multiple times with a fine tooth comb and make sure you include everything they request. (I used to respond to government RFIs and RFPs for a living, so this came natural to me.) If you include everything correctly, then hopefully your experience will go as smoothly as ours did.

AOS progress for my Filipino husband

Oct 06, 2012 - Married

Oct 30, 2012 (Day 0) - AOS Package (I-130 & I-485 w/EAD & Advanced Parole request) mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 01, 2012 (Day 2) - AOS Package Delivered to PO Box

Nov 01, 2012 (Day 2) - AOS Package Signed for by D Colonnia

Nov 05, 2012 (Day 6) - Received 4 text messages & 4 e-mails to confirm receipt of paperwork

Nov 09, 2012 (Day 10) - Checks cashed

Nov 09, 2012 (Day 10) - Received NOAs in the mail.

Nov 16, 2012 (Day 17) - Received Biometrics appointment info.

Dec 01, 2012 (Day 32) - Completed walk-in biometrics.

Dec 31, 2012 (Day 62) - Received interview appointment info.

Jan 19, 2012 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP Card.

Jan 31, 2013 (Day 93) - Interview

Feb 04, 2013 (Day 97) - Received Approval Letter

Feb 05, 2013 (Day 98) - Received Green Card!

Timeline

Here is a status update.

We had our interview on Jan 31. Our appointment was at 10:30AM and we arrived around 9:45AM.

We only brought a minimal amount of "evidence" with us. My feeling was that, we are a legitimately married couple and if they didn't want to believe us, they were welcome to stop by and visit us in our 300 SqFt studio apartment. (There's no way 2 people who weren't intimately involved could peacefully co-exist in that small of a space.) Anyway, a good friend of mine is a former Customs and Border Patrol employee and she had told me prior to our interview, that sometimes couples can actually appear like they are trying too hard.

Photo Album (including pics from our wedding, my birthday, Christmas, New Years Eve & an assortment of pictures from places we've gone together ie. beach, parks, restaurants, etc.)

Letter from Pastor (This letter was on church letterhead, and he discussed the fact that he preformed pre-marital counseling with us; that he was the one who had officiated our wedding and signed our marriage certificate; and that we attend church together as a couple and have as a couple been involved in various church functions/events.)

Guest Book from Wedding

The agent that did our interview was very pleasant. She had no interest in seeing the Christmas Cards, when I went to get them out, she actually said, "I don't need to see those."

She asked questions, just verifying the information that we had put on our applications. She asked him the standard "Are you a terrorist?" questions.

She did ask me if I had a check stub with me because I had not submitted any with the application, and I told her "No, I did not have one with me. And the reason I didn't submit any with the application package was because the instructions clearly stated that as long as my previous year's federal income tax return paperwork was submitted and showed that I was above the required income level, that while check stubs could be submitted they were not necessary." She nodded her head, said "ok", wrote something down and then moved on to the next question.

She flipped through our photo album and asked who a few people were that were in our pictures.

She only asked one question that we thought was odd. She asked me (I am the US Citizen) if I have ever flown on a private plane. I answered "yes", she asked me when that was. I had to think about it....I have flown on private planes several times in the past, but the most recent time was about 17 years ago.

After that she said that everything looked good, and that as long as nothing came up before the start of the next business day then we should receive our approval letter in 2-4 weeks. I thought that was kind of a funny thing to say...what are the chances that at this point in the process some new, bad, red flag could come up? I mean, at this point, I'm sure they know more about me than I know about myself!

Anyway, my husband was a little anxious after we left, because he was worried that we weren't going to get approved. But I told him to relax, because if there had been even a slight possibility that they thought we weren't a legitimately married couple, then they would have asked us a heck of a lot more questions.

A week later, we received 2 pieces of mail. A letter to me, telling me that my petition for a family member had been approved! And one for him that said "Welcome to the United States of America!" A day later, another piece of mail, this one in a priority mail envelope...his Green Card had arrived!

That's our experience...from start to finish, less than 100 days. If there's anyone out there reading this who is just beginning this process, the one piece of advice I would give is to make sure that you complete the application, go over it multiple times with a fine tooth comb and make sure you include everything they request. (I used to respond to government RFIs and RFPs for a living, so this came natural to me.) If you include everything correctly, then hopefully your experience will go as smoothly as ours did.

Congrats!!! Hope our interview goes as smoothly as yours! :)

10/2/2012 Received Date

10/4/2012 Notice Date

Timeline

Here is a status update.

Guest Book from Wedding

Thanks for sharing

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.