coltoasty

October 2012 I-130 Filers

1,670 posts in this topic

I'm feeling very low because my husband has to go back home this week. I just broke down crying in the supermarket when I thought that I was planning the last meals before he left. I have to drive him to the airport and then somehow I have to drive back home alone. I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself after he's gone. I don't have any local friends or family to go see. At least he's coming back someday. I wish I knew when.

I hear ya :( Can't stop crying recently! I think it's the not knowing when and not being able to count down the days till next seeing each other that makes it worse. I'm seriously contemplating going over on an ESTA just to be able to spend the next 3 months with hubby - but problem is I need to be here fore the next steps to do all the paperwork :( There's just no easy way of going through this process :(

Keep your chin up - I know nothing takes away the pain we are all feeling, but at least we are all in this together! It's nice to have a visa journey family who truly understand what we are going through when friends and family have never experienced it!

P.s. Noticed you guys got married in Aberdeen - is your hubby Scottish?

xxx

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

I'm feeling very low because my husband has to go back home this week. I just broke down crying in the supermarket when I thought that I was planning the last meals before he left. I have to drive him to the airport and then somehow I have to drive back home alone. I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself after he's gone. I don't have any local friends or family to go see. At least he's coming back someday. I wish I knew when.

I hear ya :( Can't stop crying recently! I think it's the not knowing when and not being able to count down the days till next seeing each other that makes it worse. I'm seriously contemplating going over on an ESTA just to be able to spend the next 3 months with hubby - but problem is I need to be here fore the next steps to do all the paperwork :( There's just no easy way of going through this process :(

Keep your chin up - I know nothing takes away the pain we are all feeling, but at least we are all in this together! It's nice to have a visa journey family who truly understand what we are going through when friends and family have never experienced it!

xxx

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

xxx

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

So sorry guys my computer went haywire and posted multiple times! (And I can't work out how to delete the duplicate posts!)

Apologies!

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

I have faith that it will be approved soon , i have been postponing my trip to go see him cux in NY we are getting smaller paychecks due to te taxes sooooo you already know its getting harder in ny to do anything financially

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

xxx

Not sure if its the weather or the process but I am the same lately. The last 2 weeks I have floated between crying and anger and then crying because I am angry. I even booked a trip to go see my husband for 9 days in March. I thought planning the trip would help. But I'm not sure how I will leave him there again. :( . And its hard to keep busy when you're in these types of moods.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Yup i feel you i booked a trip and i have been postponing it cux cant bear to leave him there again and come back alone

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Not sure if its the weather or the process but I am the same lately. The last 2 weeks I have floated between crying and anger and then crying because I am angry. I even booked a trip to go see my husband for 9 days in March. I thought planning the trip would help. But I'm not sure how I will leave him there again. :( . And its hard to keep busy when you're in these types of moods.

Yup i feel you i booked a trip and i have been postponing it cux cant bear to leave him there again and come back alone

Eeek, I am so worried that I'll be coming back mid-May without him. I really don't want to do it, but my daughter needs to go back to America and return back to going to camp and having fun with her friends.

I'm holding out some hope that if we get approved in the next 2 weeks, he'll be able to come back with me, but I'm not betting on it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Thanks, Cat. My husband's from Northern Ireland but he's part Scottish. We got married in Aberdeen because I was there on an extended business trip. Interestingly I did not have to apply for a separate marriage visa for the UK because I was already there with a work visa that had all the necessary biometric info and so forth.

We brought my husband over on the VWP for a long visit expecting that we might have to send him home early for paperwork (he was optimistic). The difference between a fully refundable fee and a regular fee almost doubled the cost of the fare itself, so we just got a regular fare and planned to "eat" the change fee and fare difference if necessary. It turned out not to be necessary. Compare prices and see what works out for you. Don't forget to be prepared to show your NOA1 and ties to the UK if asked at the port of entry. My husband flew from Dublin because he can go through immigration pre-clearance there and we had some peace of mind that he got through it OK before he got to the US.

All I want is for this whole thing to be over and for him to be safe at home with me. I'm finding a harmless supplement called L-Theanine to be really helpful with the anxiety and depression. It doesn't completely take away the sadness and fear but it keeps me functioning and off heavier drugs for the moment.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Thanks, Cat. My husband's from Northern Ireland but he's part Scottish. We got married in Aberdeen because I was there on an extended business trip. Interestingly I did not have to apply for a separate marriage visa for the UK because I was already there with a work visa that had all the necessary biometric info and so forth.

We brought my husband over on the VWP for a long visit expecting that we might have to send him home early for paperwork (he was optimistic). The difference between a fully refundable fee and a regular fee almost doubled the cost of the fare itself, so we just got a regular fare and planned to "eat" the change fee and fare difference if necessary. It turned out not to be necessary. Compare prices and see what works out for you. Don't forget to be prepared to show your NOA1 and ties to the UK if asked at the port of entry. My husband flew from Dublin because he can go through immigration pre-clearance there and we had some peace of mind that he got through it OK before he got to the US.

Nice, I'm from just a few hours north of Aberdeen :)

So just out of interest, if I went over and showed my NOA1 (or even NOA2) - would the prospect of having to return for my interview, etc be enough to prove ties to the UK (if they asked) or are they likely to think I'm trying to come in and stay permanently before my visa is issued? (I ask because I would probably have to leave my full time job to be able to go over for 3 months) so therefore wouldn't be able to use my job as a 'tie' to the UK. Ugh, I just hope they pull out all the stops this week and approve, approve, approve! I know they have a lot but it just seems crazy that it takes so long to approve I-130s of people who have nothing that would stop the approval! In my books it should be 'look at app, yup it's fine, approve' - Haha I'd get through like 20 an hour!!

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

Timeline

I know they have a lot but it just seems crazy that it takes so long to approve I-130s of people who have nothing that would stop the approval! In my books it should be 'look at app, yup it's fine, approve' - Haha I'd get through like 20 an hour!!

I don't really get it either, in so many countries it is a process that takes less than a month or is an on the spot thing.

3/26/18 Biometrics

It's the US government. It's hurry up and wait. It's 9/11. It is what it is. Sometimes they're backwards as heck. Other times they're more forward than anyone else. My husband was amazed that I had a chip on all of my cards, heck even the parking card! They are still signing cheques for things. #######?! I This whole process should be entirely online. I'm very happy I have EP and can do online forms. *phew*

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Nice, I'm from just a few hours north of Aberdeen :)

So just out of interest, if I went over and showed my NOA1 (or even NOA2) - would the prospect of having to return for my interview, etc be enough to prove ties to the UK (if they asked) or are they likely to think I'm trying to come in and stay permanently before my visa is issued? (I ask because I would probably have to leave my full time job to be able to go over for 3 months) so therefore wouldn't be able to use my job as a 'tie' to the UK. Ugh, I just hope they pull out all the stops this week and approve, approve, approve! I know they have a lot but it just seems crazy that it takes so long to approve I-130s of people who have nothing that would stop the approval! In my books it should be 'look at app, yup it's fine, approve' - Haha I'd get through like 20 an hour!!

Cat, it is up to the immigration officials at the port of entry (Dublin/other preclearance facility, or your US landing point) to decide that and no information I can give you is 100 percent. My husband took his NOA1, a letter from me asking Immigration to please let him visit and saying we didn't want to do ANYTHING to harm the pending visa process, and my latest pay stub to show that I could support him while he was in the US. The immigration official grumbled and said "I'm not supposed to do this", but my husband stayed calm and insisted that it was just a visit and that he had to be back anyway for the interview and medical in London, and in the end he was not even sent to secondary processing. He actually did not have any significant ties to the UK to show, and people frequently quit jobs, give away possessions, and leave family anyway in order to illegally immigrate to the US. The most conclusive proof I can think of for you to show is a home mortgage and a letter of leave from your employer saying you are expected back by a certain date. You may or may not even be asked for it.

I notice you also hang out at the BritishExpats site and we've posted together there. I know some of the people there have addressed this same issue... in fact I think I asked about it there once myself. Do a good search there and look at the sticky post "WAIT! Can I visit while I am waiting for my K or Immigrant Visa?????" that is at the top of the Marriage-Based Visas section.

For those watching who are not applying for a UK citizen, the above may not (probably doesn't) apply to you.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

I notice you also hang out at the BritishExpats site and we've posted together there.

:whistle: Even I have an account there, but nobody really knew how to help getting my UK passport and there was a lot of grumbling about America...so I thought maybe not for me.

3/26/18 Biometrics

:whistle: Even I have an account there, but nobody really knew how to help getting my UK passport and there was a lot of grumbling about America...so I thought maybe not for me.

Yeah, they grumble, lol. I really confine myself only to the USA portion of the site, and they are pretty nice to me considering I'm the USC. :)

LATEST STEPS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.