coltoasty

October 2012 I-130 Filers

1,670 posts in this topic

I know how that feels, kinda, the husband thought it was a good idea to take away my caffeine today - no tea, no coke, no coffee.... :help: I have the world's worst withdrawal going on right now. :sleepy:

It's probably a good idea, if only because when you wean yourself from the caffeine, your sensitivity resets and it takes less to get the same effect. I do it periodically. Take it easy, rest in a dark room, take some headache tablets if the pain gets bad, and be kind to yourself today. :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

All sounds hopeful! Here's hoping we all get some good news this week or next! I'm praying to be able to go over in May! Could be a possibilty if I can get my NOA2 this month! Stinks that they are off today -although I will definitely appreciate MLK day when I'm living over there :D Meanwhile we can relax for today and not be checking case status every 5 minutes haha!

Cat

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

were you approved by NBC? or local office? if it could have been a local office, which one would it be? I'm just trying to see if I can figure out why our cases are not at NVC yet. mine was approved on Dec 18, not at NVC yet....it said NBC on the approval notice but I later found out it was approved by a local office through an ISO

i was approved by NBC. I contacted NVC but they donot have my file. i will call tomororrow bcoz then it will be more than 30 dys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it very well may be that the casefile hasn't left a USCIS office. I suggest calling into USCIS, get an ISO, ask the ISO to locate the casefile - ie -

mailroom at MSC, still at local office,

and ask the ISO to issue a casefile movement order from USCIS to NVC that starts on Wednesday.

Don't forget - USCIS is closed today.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

is that right? 6 approvals only, for our OCT group , for Janaury, so far? arrrrgh.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=3&sortby=2

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

it very well may be that the casefile hasn't left a USCIS office. I suggest calling into USCIS, get an ISO, ask the ISO to locate the casefile - ie -

mailroom at MSC, still at local office,

and ask the ISO to issue a casefile movement order from USCIS to NVC that starts on Wednesday.

Don't forget - USCIS is closed today.

Darnell, apparently they can't see your case when it's at a local office that's why they haven't been able to tell me where my case is at and haven't been able to give me a date it was mailed, they put a service request in last tuesday and told me it'll take 2 weeks to get back to me after they do the search.

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes. Thank you for the positive thinking at least....

Fingers crossed and praying hard that by the end of this week we ALL should be getting something in the mail.

A 1 in 2 chance of being approved is also a 1 in 2 chance of not being approved. But it's good the numbers are going up finally. At least we can all relax today because we know nothing will happen due to offices closing today for the MLK holiday.

Hangover. :bonk:

Yes. Thank you for the positive thinking at least....

Fingers crossed and praying hard that by the end of this week we ALL should be getting something in the mail.

I'm working on the positive thinking (I'm aware that I tend to be way too negative and I worry way too much). :star:

My therapist told me today, "Thoughts make things." She made me sit down and visualize picking up my husband at the airport on or before the first week in April, smiling and waving his passport stamped with his permanent residency over his head in triumph. Seriously, I had hardly dared to think of it because I come from a long tradition of "Don't get your hopes up." But she was right. Positive outcomes happen. Let's send some positivity to each other. :D

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Thats a great way of approaching things. Trust me I've developed positive thinking partly due to this process and I also visualize the same stuff sometimes . Leave it up to God , it'll come through.

I'm working on the positive thinking (I'm aware that I tend to be way too negative and I worry way too much). :star:

My therapist told me today, "Thoughts make things." She made me sit down and visualize picking up my husband at the airport on or before the first week in April, smiling and waving his passport stamped with his permanent residency over his head in triumph. Seriously, I had hardly dared to think of it because I come from a long tradition of "Don't get your hopes up." But she was right. Positive outcomes happen. Let's send some positivity to each other. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay, I'm totally late to the process, but have been silently following along. I mailed my petition on September 29th to the Chicago Lockbox. It was received on October 1. My petition was processed at the NBC and we were approved on 1/18/13.

I feel pretty alone in this process right now. My husband is in Morocco and we're anticipating having to file an I-601. The pressure of having to gather all of the documents and information is overwhelming, and while I know I can come up with a great argument, it's still a lot.

So, I apologize for joining the game extra late, but I need to know that someone else out there understands what's going on and what I'm going through!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval.

Why do you anticipate having to file an I-601?

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
3-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)
23-Jan-13 - NOA2 : Interview at field office - APPROVED same day!!!
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)
05.Mar.13: Case number/IIN
05.Mar.13: DS-3032 sent
07.Mar.13: AOS bill
07.Mar.13: AOS package sent
08.Mar.13: AOS bill shows PAID
14.Mar.13: DS-3032 accepted
15.Mar.13: IV bill
18-Mar.13: AOS packet accepted / no checklist
19.Mar.13: IV package sent
23.Mar.13: IV bill shows PAID
02.Apr.13: Case complete!!
03.Apr.13: File sent to embassy
07.Apr.13: Received at embassy
11.Apr.13: Interview scheduled
18.Apr.13: Medical exam
23.Apr.13: Interview (APPROVED)
24.Apr.13: Visa (however my wife will only pick it up on 27.May.13)
XX.XXX.13: POE

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval.

Why do you anticipate having to file an I-601?

He overstayed a 6 month visa by a lot. So we've been anticipating the waiver from day 1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I see... good luck! Hopefully it will work out easy.

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
3-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)
23-Jan-13 - NOA2 : Interview at field office - APPROVED same day!!!
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)
05.Mar.13: Case number/IIN
05.Mar.13: DS-3032 sent
07.Mar.13: AOS bill
07.Mar.13: AOS package sent
08.Mar.13: AOS bill shows PAID
14.Mar.13: DS-3032 accepted
15.Mar.13: IV bill
18-Mar.13: AOS packet accepted / no checklist
19.Mar.13: IV package sent
23.Mar.13: IV bill shows PAID
02.Apr.13: Case complete!!
03.Apr.13: File sent to embassy
07.Apr.13: Received at embassy
11.Apr.13: Interview scheduled
18.Apr.13: Medical exam
23.Apr.13: Interview (APPROVED)
24.Apr.13: Visa (however my wife will only pick it up on 27.May.13)
XX.XXX.13: POE

event.png

Timeline

Congrats!!

Okay, I'm totally late to the process, but have been silently following along. I mailed my petition on September 29th to the Chicago Lockbox. It was received on October 1. My petition was processed at the NBC and we were approved on 1/18/13.

I feel pretty alone in this process right now. My husband is in Morocco and we're anticipating having to file an I-601. The pressure of having to gather all of the documents and information is overwhelming, and while I know I can come up with a great argument, it's still a lot.

So, I apologize for joining the game extra late, but I need to know that someone else out there understands what's going on and what I'm going through!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.