coltoasty

October 2012 I-130 Filers

1,670 posts in this topic

i called today, monday 5:30AM pacific time to NVC and i got a representative right away..wow..fast..... and she told me to wait and call back again this january 17. bec my case has not yet arrive.

Hey guys,

Ok so my hubby called today to see where our case is at. The woman told us it is currently at the NBC (We have a filing date of October 17th 2012) and that processing times will depend on the number of applications prior to ours.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether I should be worried our case is still at NBC and hasn't been transferred to our local office? (I know they are just keeping and processing some applications at NBC which may not be a bad thing for us since Baltimore is our local office and I imagine it will be busy) However, I'm concerned that our case is still because it hasn't even been picked up yet? And that when they finally do pick it up THEN it will be transferred to our local office? (Which is frustrating since it's been almost 3 months now) Do you think this is the case or do you think they will just process ours at NBC?

Thoughts? Advice?

I should also add that we weren't able to view our case for a long time and then were able to I think late Nov/early December - so I'm not sure if this suggests our case has been touched?

Cat x

Edited by catsutton148

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Hey guys,

Ok so my hubby called today to see where our case is at. The woman told us it is currently at the NBC (We have a filing date of October 17th 2012) and that processing times will depend on the number of applications prior to ours.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether I should be worried our case is still at NBC and hasn't been transferred to our local office? (I know they are just keeping and processing some applications at NBC which may not be a bad thing for us since Baltimore is our local office and I imagine it will be busy) However, I'm concerned that our case is still because it hasn't even been picked up yet? And that when they finally do pick it up THEN it will be transferred to our local office? (Which is frustrating since it's been almost 3 months now) Do you think this is the case or do you think they will just process ours at NBC?

Thoughts? Advice?

I should also add that we weren't able to view our case for a long time and then were able to I think late Nov/early December - so I'm not sure if this suggests our case has been touched?

Cat x

Cat, all the I-130s our week were delayed showing up in online Case Status. An ISO told me there was some system problem. Mine didn't show up until long after the case actually transferred to Houston, so there is no "touch" for the transfer on our online record. Because of this, I wonder if you actually spoke to an ISO (a.k.a. tier 2 rep, or officer). The tier 1s can only access the same info that you can. If all they can see is the date your case appeared online, and it was transferred before that date, the transfer date won't show up online and they won't be able to see it. I would call back and make sure I asked a tier 2 these same questions. They can tell you where your case is residing for sure.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

Thoughts? Advice?

Cat x

Not everyone is transferred so there's no guarantee you will be or that if you do, you will even be notified.

The late adding of numbers to online was normal.

I suppose, yes, your case was "touched" in order to put it in online, but it has no effect on the approval time/date of it.

oldlady.gif

Dont worry there is a delay soon we will get approved . Am from october 3 and still nothing so just wait . The wait will be worth it once you have your loved one with you here !

My advice is to not worry and to only call maybe once a week for an update .

Btw- my status has never een been updated online

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Cat, all the I-130s our week were delayed showing up in online Case Status. An ISO told me there was some system problem. Mine didn't show up until long after the case actually transferred to Houston, so there is no "touch" for the transfer on our online record. Because of this, I wonder if you actually spoke to an ISO (a.k.a. tier 2 rep, or officer). The tier 1s can only access the same info that you can. If all they can see is the date your case appeared online, and it was transferred before that date, the transfer date won't show up online and they won't be able to see it. I would call back and make sure I asked a tier 2 these same questions. They can tell you where your case is residing for sure.

I told him to ask for an ISO. They didn't say anything about the date our case went online. All she said was that it was at NBC in Missouri and that processing times would depend on how many applications were before us. Maybe I should have him call back and check for sure!

What do you think our chances are of being approved this month/early Feb?

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

I told him to ask for an ISO. They didn't say anything about the date our case went online. All she said was that it was at NBC in Missouri and that processing times would depend on how many applications were before us. Maybe I should have him call back and check for sure!

What do you think our chances are of being approved this month/early Feb?

Just ask him if he had to hold for a long time before finally talking to a second rep. I had a Tier 1 attempt to tell me she could see everything about the case that I needed to know. This is, ahem, not the case. The reason I asked you about it is because the advice your husband relayed to you sounds just like what a Tier 1 would say.

What do I think your chances are? I think I'll say a little atheist prayer for you when I go down to the market and play the lottery, and if Elvis suddenly steps out of the machine and starts singing "Jailhouse Rock" to a delighted audience of grocery-shopping Houstonians, I'll ask him to consult his crystal ball for you and me both. How's that? :rofl:

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Just ask him if he had to hold for a long time before finally talking to a second rep. I had a Tier 1 attempt to tell me she could see everything about the case that I needed to know. This is, ahem, not the case. The reason I asked you about it is because the advice your husband relayed to you sounds just like what a Tier 1 would say.

What do I think your chances are? I think I'll say a little atheist prayer for you when I go down to the market and play the lottery, and if Elvis suddenly steps out of the machine and starts singing "Jailhouse Rock" to a delighted audience of grocery-shopping Houstonians, I'll ask him to consult his crystal ball for you and me both. How's that? :rofl:

Ugggh, I just wish they would hurry up!! I'm desperate to get over! (Aren't we all) Do we know how long the NVC part of the process takes (assuming everything runs smoothly?)

Cat

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

Timeline

i called today, monday 5:30AM pacific time to NVC and i got a representative right away..wow..fast..... and she told me to wait and call back again this january 17. bec my case has not yet arrive.

were you approved through NBC? did it say NBC on your approval notice?? I'm having the same problem, browsing thist forum to see who else is encountering the same problem as I am, mine was approved on the 18th of December and not and NVC yet :( I'm super worried

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey Oct filers... did anyone get called for interview?

I am going for an interview next week and of course while I am very confident on my case, I am worried.

I just called USCIS and got a level 2 who told me that getting an interview is "a new normal procedure"... I am a bit skpetical.

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
3-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)
23-Jan-13 - NOA2 : Interview at field office - APPROVED same day!!!
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)
05.Mar.13: Case number/IIN
05.Mar.13: DS-3032 sent
07.Mar.13: AOS bill
07.Mar.13: AOS package sent
08.Mar.13: AOS bill shows PAID
14.Mar.13: DS-3032 accepted
15.Mar.13: IV bill
18-Mar.13: AOS packet accepted / no checklist
19.Mar.13: IV package sent
23.Mar.13: IV bill shows PAID
02.Apr.13: Case complete!!
03.Apr.13: File sent to embassy
07.Apr.13: Received at embassy
11.Apr.13: Interview scheduled
18.Apr.13: Medical exam
23.Apr.13: Interview (APPROVED)
24.Apr.13: Visa (however my wife will only pick it up on 27.May.13)
XX.XXX.13: POE

event.png

Yes i have heard thats its a new procedure in NYC at least

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey Oct filers... did anyone get called for interview?

I am going for an interview next week and of course while I am very confident on my case, I am worried.

I just called USCIS and got a level 2 who told me that getting an interview is "a new normal procedure"... I am a bit skpetical.

There were people in years past who also got interviews. While it wasn't terribly common it did happen, so I don't think it is anything new.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

There were people in years past who also got interviews. While it wasn't terribly common it did happen, so I don't think it is anything new.

A level 2 told me that a referral to a local office necessarily meant an interview. This was a couple months ago. Obviously it is not the case (anymore) because we are hearing about late August, September, and October people whose cases were transferred to local offices getting approved without having to go to interviews.

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

A level 2 told me that a referral to a local office necessarily meant an interview. This was a couple months ago. Obviously it is not the case (anymore) because we are hearing about late August, September, and October people whose cases were transferred to local offices getting approved without having to go to interviews.

An I-130 was primarily sent to a local office for beneficiaries who had a history of overstay or were in removal proceedings. This triggered an interview. I too agree with Darnell's assumptions that that's what's accidentally happening here. That the online status or even the CSRs and ISOs that aren't familiar with new practices are assuming an interview as it has been in the past.

I've only seen one person so far actually post that they had an interview DATE.

Perhaps that person fit into the standard criteria.

Or perhaps they were filing from Alaska or something where no one files from and they were the first petition to come in :lol:

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.