coltoasty

October 2012 I-130 Filers

1,670 posts in this topic

Update: NOA1 October 29, 2012 ...... my husband USC called USCIS today; our file has been transferred to the local office: Buffalo NY - that office is working on cases for July 28, 2012 as of today. She advised that the matters are being expedited and hopefully we can hear something within 30-90 days from today. At least she was able to give us some idea where we are at in this process.....just wanted to update in case there were any other Buffalo cases.....Rio

How on earth did you get them to tell you the July 28 date for Buffalo? I just called the USCIS support line and talked to an ISO about my case that was transferred to the local office back on November 19, and she said that once the file is sent to the local office for processing, the support line can't see anything about it anymore. She told me that the local offices don't report their processing dates or times because their workloads and numbers of available personnel are so variable. I asked specifically for the last processed case date and she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. Of course nothing shows up when I check the estimated processing time chart for my local office (Houston).

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

OK guys i don't know what to make of this but the receipt number after mine as been approve TODAY so i don't know if that's good or it doesn't matter. Just trying to look for some hope anywhere i can find it :unsure::blush::bonk:

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Approved I-130 cases that were filed the same day as mine were approved as soon as 30 days and as late as 85 days (yesterday). More than four fifths of the cases are still outstanding. Standalone I-130 cases could have gone to any local office and they all process at different times. The two case numbers before mine were approved on December 19. In another post someone says they heard that family applications, as opposed to just spouse applications, are being expedited (the two case numbers I referred to were approved on the same day so they probably are a family).

I wish there was some way short of an InfoPass to find out what's happening with Houston.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

How on earth did you get them to tell you the July 28 date for Buffalo? I just called the USCIS support line and talked to an ISO about my case that was transferred to the local office back on November 19, and she said that once the file is sent to the local office for processing, the support line can't see anything about it anymore. She told me that the local offices don't report their processing dates or times because their workloads and numbers of available personnel are so variable. I asked specifically for the last processed case date and she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. Of course nothing shows up when I check the estimated processing time chart for my local office (Houston).

I think they must have just been giving out the CSC dates or something. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My wife called yesterday. The woman on the phone also said something about July, think it's about CSC too.

Met : March 2012 in Afghanistan

Married : August 22,2012 in Belgium

USCIS

Califonia Service Center

Sep 24,2012 - I-130 send to Phoenix Lockbox

Sep 26,2012 - I-130 NOA1

Oct 04,2012 - I-130 case transferred from CSC to NBC Missouri

Oct 10,2012 - I-130 case transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

Jan 23, 2013 - I-130 approved!!!

NVC

Jan 28, 2013 - NVC received case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OK guys i don't know what to make of this but the receipt number after mine as been approve TODAY so i don't know if that's good or it doesn't matter. Just trying to look for some hope anywhere i can find it :unsure::blush::bonk:

it's a good thing. the cases near mine were approved and i was approved a few days after. :thumbs:

10/30/2012 - Sent I-130
11/06/2012 - NOA1
12/29/2012 - NOA2 (53 days)

2/4/2013 - NVC received
2/22/2013 - Case number/IIN
10/2/2013 - Case Completed at NVC
xx/xx/2013 - Interview scheduled

How come they are processing July ones if they didn't start transferring I-130s until August 15th?

Uggh, I was really hoping I would be approved this month but my optimism is slowly fading :( I had a job offer in the US starting at the end of May, but it looks unlikely I'll be over for it :( xxx

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Speedwell.....this is what my husband said.....when I look at the Buffalo processing times....it says July 28, 2012.....he said this is what she told him regarding Buffalo ......

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just confirmed again with my husband that the Tier2 lady said: Buffalo is processing cases July 28, 2012 .....based on when the file was transferred, we could expect a response in 30-90 days.....this may have been hog wash but this is what she told him regarding Buffalo office

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

I just confirmed again with my husband that the Tier2 lady said: Buffalo is processing cases July 28, 2012 .....based on when the file was transferred, we could expect a response in 30-90 days.....this may have been hog wash but this is what she told him regarding Buffalo office

Well, 30-90 days is about as vague as she could get. B-)

3/26/18 Biometrics

Speedwell.....this is what my husband said.....when I look at the Buffalo processing times....it says July 28, 2012.....he said this is what she told him regarding Buffalo ......

Oh, that's for the I-485, not the stand-alone I-130.

How come they are processing July ones if they didn't start transferring I-130s until August 15th?

Uggh, I was really hoping I would be approved this month but my optimism is slowly fading :( I had a job offer in the US starting at the end of May, but it looks unlikely I'll be over for it :( xxx

The poster who referenced July 28 in Buffalo is looking at a chart that says that I-485s before that date are being processed in Buffalo. I-130s do not even show on the chart.

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Approved I-130 cases that were filed the same day as mine were approved as soon as 30 days and as late as 85 days (yesterday). More than four fifths of the cases are still outstanding. Standalone I-130 cases could have gone to any local office and they all process at different times. The two case numbers before mine were approved on December 19. In another post someone says they heard that family applications, as opposed to just spouse applications, are being expedited (the two case numbers I referred to were approved on the same day so they probably are a family).

I wish there was some way short of an InfoPass to find out what's happening with Houston.

The CSR I talked to suggested an infopass and I had to be like do you really think I should fly back from Denmark for an infopass? :rofl:

So I'm up to 105 cases filed on my date and the day before and of those 8 are approved, 7 of which appear to be family apps. Could just be coincidence, but the likelihood of peoples applications arriving together and going to the same place and being approved on the same day is not very likely. I've also carefully avoided the AOS I-130s, which seems to be all that NBC was working on for the last 2 weeks (grats to the lots and lots of Nov 7/8 filers who have interviews scheduled at the end of the month and early February with NBC, though).

3/26/18 Biometrics

So I'm up to 105 cases filed on my date and the day before and of those 8 are approved, 7 of which appear to be family apps. Could just be coincidence, but the likelihood of peoples applications arriving together and going to the same place and being approved on the same day is not very likely. I've also carefully avoided the AOS I-130s, which seems to be all that NBC was working on for the last 2 weeks (grats to the lots and lots of Nov 7/8 filers who have interviews scheduled at the end of the month and early February with NBC, though).

Wow, my MSC number for the day is after 2000. As far as I could tell, there were at least 2500 cases filed on my date, and I'm estimating that over 1000 of them were I-130 cases.

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

Wow, my MSC number for the day is after 2000. As far as I could tell, there were at least 2500 cases filed on my date, and I'm estimating that over 1000 of them were I-130 cases.

Oh, I'm not done yet...those are just the ones around my number. :thumbs: I'm going downwards and upwards from my file number incrementally.

I'm definitely not counting the I-130s that are interspaced by I-485s though.

Edit: I've already gone through about 1000 applications at NBC and only a little over a hundred are straight I-130s without AOS.

Edited by Nola123

3/26/18 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.