coltoasty

October 2012 I-130 Filers

1,670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, I am in exactly the same boat you are in. My case was transferred to "the local office" one week before yours. I have heard nothing since then. My local office is Houston. The only progress chart I have seen for Houston shows that work is starting to pile up. I don't know any more than you do.

As far as I understand, once your case shows up online after being transferred to a local office, it's a good sign that it's due to being looked at, what bothers me is that our case still isn't online. my fear is that it's in some corner somewhere or in a box thats being neglected, and we're just losing precious time for no good reason.

08/24/2012 - Married

USCIS:

10/01/2012 - Mailed/Filed for I-130 via USPS Express Mail
10/05/2012 - E-Notification NOA1
10/10/2012 - Paper NOA1
11/28/2012 - Transferred from NBC to NYC Office
02/13/2013 - USCIS Case Status NOA2
02/20/2013 - Paper NOA2

NVC:
02/22/2013 - Case Received by NVC
03/11/2013 - Case Number, IIN, BIN Assigned, DS-3032 Email Sent
03/13/2013 - AOS Invoice Received and Paid and DS-3032 Generated
03/14/2013 - AOS Invoice Shows as Paid, AOS Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail, DS-3032 Re-sent with Supervisor Review
03/15/2013 - AOS Packet Received by NVC, DS-3032 Supervisor Review Accepted
03/18/2013 - IV Invoice Received and Paid
03/21/2013 - IV Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail
03/23/2013 - IV Invoice Shows as Paid
03/27/2013 - AOS Packet Accepted
04/03/2013 - IV Packet Reviewed
04/04/2013 - IV Checklist Received
04/15/2013 - IV Checklist Arrived at NVC
04/24/2013 - IV Checklist Reviewed - Case Complete

05/01/2013 - Interview Date Assigned
05/03/2013 - Case Shipped to Embassy

Embassy:
05/06/2013 - Case Received from NVC
05/18/2013 - Medical
06/17/2013 - Interview Date - Result: AP

09/20/2013 - CEAC Status Changed to Visa Issued

10/01/2013 - Visa Ready for Pickup/Picked Up (Delayed due to being sent to incorrect City initially)

10/09/2013 - POE - New York City - JFK
11/xx/2013 - Greencard Received
11/xx/2013 - Social Security number Received

As far as I understand, once your case shows up online after being transferred to a local office, it's a good sign that it's due to being looked at, what bothers me is that our case still isn't online. my fear is that it's in some corner somewhere or in a box thats being neglected, and we're just losing precious time for no good reason.

God, I didn't realize that. I completely understand. Try this.

First go to the case status checker on www.uscis.gov and enter the 10 numbers before and 10 numbers after yours (yours will not show up, but you know the number from the NOA1 that you received). For example, say that your number on the NOA1 was MSC1234567890. That means you'll check numbers MSC1234567880 through MSC 1234567900. If they don't show up, then your case is one of many that they've dropped the ball on for your filing date and you can relax. Some people's numbers actually never show up at all, and the first thing they know about their case is a piece of mail. If the other numbers do show up, then you should call the USCIS and ask to talk to a Tier 2 official "who can see exactly what the status of my case is". You should be transferred to one after the Tier 1 rep asks you some preliminary questions. The Tier 2 will probably say it appears to be processing normally. Politely push a bit and make sure that the Tier 2 sees no "red flags" on the case (there will probably be none). Ask the Tier 2 to put in a service request for your case; they may even offer to do this without you asking.

Alternatively, I heard that you can now use the e-request form online for cases where there is no case status. (Start here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do) I recommend you do the phone thing first though.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

This is very annoying I wish they would not have made those changes as of august 15 2012 so that the cases can be taken cared of in a faster manner.

i just continue to imagine my case sitting in a box with thousands of others and a agent sitting there with a big cup of coffee and a big #### donut just sitting on his behind deciding wether or not to approve my case today.While am sitting here at work checking the website every hr on the hr .

:o:help::blink::bonk:

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup, that's the indication I got when I went in for my infopass appointment - they just be collecting files at the local office, storing them in some filing system, with no actual work done. Methinks they are trying to figure out the 6 month average processing time, when in fact it takes no longer than 3 weeks . I also think that the adjudicators at my local office have not been trained for I-130 adjudication for USCitizens married to a foreign spouse .

But that's just opinion and conjecture.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I just called and they said the system is down so u wont be able to talk to a teir two operator

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Hey ! So remember how i said that they changed my husbands address on the application as if he lived here in the US so just now i recieved an email saying the following :

Type of service requested:

-- Typographical Error

The status of this service request is:

After careful review of your request, it has been determined that your issues will be best addressed by the USCIS office having jurisdiction over your case. Therefore, we have taken the liberty of forwarding your service request to the New York City field office.

Now i guess i have to keep waiting or maybe i will get an answer soon enough !

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Timeline

oh, walk in to an infopass appointment, change yer address la. ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yup, that's the indication I got when I went in for my infopass appointment - they just be collecting files at the local office, storing them in some filing system, with no actual work done. Methinks they are trying to figure out the 6 month average processing time, when in fact it takes no longer than 3 weeks . I also think that the adjudicators at my local office have not been trained for I-130 adjudication for USCitizens married to a foreign spouse .

But that's just opinion and conjecture.

They gotta be working in Dallas because I got the NOA2 on Dec 20th and it came from the Irving Office and then I got another NOA2 receipt from the NBC. I hope you hear something real soon Amigo :)

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

They gotta be working in Dallas because I got the NOA2 on Dec 20th and it came from the Irving Office and then I got another NOA2 receipt from the NBC. I hope you hear something real soon Amigo :)

Stupid of me, but I draw some hope from this. Thanks for mentioning it.

oh, walk in to an infopass appointment, change yer address la. ;)

Darnell, I tried to message you but you're not accepting messages. Could you message me and tell me if you know of any resources that will help me understand linguistic final particles like your "la"? I feel illiterate whenever I'm talking to someone from China or Singapore. :) Is it this 啦?

OK back to the topic! :):ot2:

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

That's not my undertanding, at all.

At least not for the Dallas Field Office in Irving, TX.

It's just sitting there. Sure, there's a queue, but with no adjudicators actively working casefiles in Irving TX? I'm not so convinced of anything.

Timeline

Darnell, I tried to message you but you're not accepting messages. Could you message me and tell me if you know of any resources that will help me understand linguistic final particles like your "la"? I feel illiterate whenever I'm talking to someone from China or Singapore. :) Is it this 啦?

Yup, that's it. For real-time usage, please get into SUN WHOLESALE market at Beltway 8 at Bellaire Blvd, spend an afternoon shopping and asking questions of the clerks. Good Luck ! [get me a bag o pu-ehr tea whilst yer there, is really cheap at that store]

---

back on topic - Thanks so much for pulling the stats ! I'm torqued about my casefile :( Timeticks in the 'about me' section of my profile.

On hold currently, filing an expedite request with an ISO. Ug Ug.

Timeline

Well, some fun today with the phone call into an ISO.

I was calling to initiate an expedite request with an ISO. Got that done, should hear back by 01-22-2013, but

the ISO looked a bit more on the computer, and told me

that the casefile was pulled and assigned to an adjudicator on 12-20-2012 at 2:20 PM and

the casefile was audited (scanned completely) on 12-21-2012.

So maybe the namechecks have started and the expedite request that I went over in person, on the 20th of last month, actually worked.

ISO today also told me that a casefile can be adjudicated within 30 days after being assigned to an adjudicator, so I've some ray o hope ,

I'm holding off on major knee surgery till she gets here, alas.

Happy Monday !

Well, some fun today with the phone call into an ISO.

I was calling to initiate an expedite request with an ISO. Got that done, should hear back by 01-22-2013, but

the ISO looked a bit more on the computer, and told me

that the casefile was pulled and assigned to an adjudicator on 12-20-2012 at 2:20 PM and

the casefile was audited (scanned completely) on 12-21-2012.

So maybe the namechecks have started and the expedite request that I went over in person, on the 20th of last month, actually worked.

ISO today also told me that a casefile can be adjudicated within 30 days after being assigned to an adjudicator, so I've some ray o hope ,

I'm holding off on major knee surgery till she gets here, alas.

Happy Monday !

Thats good news! I was thinking of calling today but was unsure what to say. Now I think I should ask: Has it been assigned yet?

And find the actual date it was transferred. I forgot to last time.

10/25/10 .. Met in Auckland, NZ

09/05/12 .. Got Married in Santa Barbara, CA

USCIS:

09/26/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/07/12 .. I-130 Returned. Checkmarks did not print. Doh!

10/15/12 .. I-130 Sent AGAIN

10/19/12 .. NOA1 date

11/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Seattle)

12/14/12 .. Touch! Officially online!

01/22/13 .. NOA2 date (95 days)

NVC:

01/28/13 .. NVC receives case

02/11/13 .. Case number assigned

02/12/13 .. AOS bill paid

02/14/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

02/14/13 .. AOS packet sent

02/26/13 .. AOS Checklist received

02/26/13 .. IV bill paid

02/26/13 .. IV packet and AOS Checklist packet sent

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/08/13 .. IV Checklist sent

03/25/13 .. 2nd AOS Checklist sent

04/04/13 .. Case Complete

Consulate:

04/16/13 .. Medical

05/21/13 .. Interview: Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

How do you get so much info from the ISOs? They seem so grumpy and hurried when I call and reluctant to give out that much. :help:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

It's a particular character trait, I think so,

to quietly whisper in full sentences, showing the right amount of righteous indignation.

I use it to get an ISO and when talking with an ISO.

or maybe I'm just an arrogant, obnoxious a$$hole...

:(

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.