melly

More kids with second marriage?

231 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I do not have age prejudices, thank you. You think it's ok, I think it's gross.

sarah, one sentence contradicts the other ;)

Explaing how this is a contradiction? Prejudice implies a systematic dislike for something. Sarah is only saying that she thinks it's gross thinking of people her parents' age marrying someone her own age. She hasn't mentioned any other part of age-related issues that she finds problems with.

It's clear that you are missing alot of what has gone on before. BTW, prejudice is a dislike for something you know nothing about - pre-judging - before you have the facts.

Here's the facts: you are 20 years older than your husband. That;'s a fact... I have seen you explain this several times in the past few days, how age doesn't matter. I know the facts and I think it's gross.

oh and SZSZ... are you sure you want to be saying that I am a child? Men my age are husband material for you as you have said yourself. I'd hate for you to imply that you are married to a child.

Some women here are older and are married to men my age... you just implied that their husbands are children as someone as young as I am is "unexperienced" and "naive". Thats not very nice. :no:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hahahaha I always love to see come back to the one argument you think you have against me. Good try I've already seen it from you. I don't respect your opinion nor do I take it to mean anything. I believe you have been brainwashed. Good luck with that!

Who said I was referring to you?

I could give a ####### less if you respect my opinion.... you're opinion of me is less than the piece of ####### a rat can't wipe from his butt ;)

You don't know anything about me and you know LESS about my husband so for you to claim that he's brainwashed me is absurd. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
originalpostthreaddirecld1.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

icon_hijack.gif

inquisition.gif

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok I have partially read this thread. Before I comment I want to say a few things. There are some women here who are married to men from a ME/NA country and try to find ways to justfy your relationship based on the decisions he has made. This is wrong. When we talk about "arab standards" that doesn't mean they apply to you but just because your husband didn't follow these standards doesn't mean they don't exist and doesn't mean they are a stereotype.

Marriage standards for arabs: Older man, younger, never married, virgin bride, same race, same relgion, prefereably same financial status although its permissable for the man to be of a higher financial status, and most are expected to have kids relatively quickly and many.

Now if your husband has already made the deicision not to follow any of these standards then you can't even apply these to yourself or your relationship. They don't even apply to me bcz I'm divorced and 3 years older. Most certainly parents usually want these things for their kids, but if their kids want to take another route in life, one of 2 things will happen. They will either be disowned or accepted. Simple. When it comes to marriage, if their son has decided to marry someone he chooses they family will usually accept the bride as long as she is a good woman who has their son's best interests at heart.

However to say these standards don't exisit is simply false. They are there in full swing. Ask your husband if he has a daughter what kind of man would he want her to marry and how would he want it to happen? Most of them will give you an answer along lines I have listed. Your husband maybe someone who has broken the mold and that is fine for him, but trust me when I say the mold is there. Neither myself or my fiance fit in this mold but believe me my children will be held to it.

As far as kids go, yes they are expected. Sure there are those that don't want them. However the MAJORITY do and they expect them. This doesnt validate or invalidate your relationship, and only you would know the answer to that. However this standard DOES exist

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.