melly

More kids with second marriage?

231 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I never though bosco was a young inexperienced woman, sorry.

I wouldn't put bosco in the same category as you. She's not apologizing for being older than her husband, nor has she indicated that there is somethiing abnormal about it, altho she concedes that it is unconventional. But, remarkable women tend to be unconventional, and that's a good thing in my book.

If you don't liek how I post then I would reccoment using the ignore button. I am blunt and if you don't like it then you can choose to put your blinders on along with Liz and crazyinegypt.

You know where the ignore button is. I don't need it. I'm blunt too, and I can take as good as I give.

I'm wondering, have you discussed your age prejudices with your mom?

Edited by szsz

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wouldn't put bosco in the same category as you. She's not apologizing for being older than her husband, nor has she indicated that there is somethiing abnormal about it, altho she concedes that it is unconventional. But, remarkable women tend to be unconventional, and that's a good thing in my book.

If you don't liek how I post then I would reccoment using the ignore button. I am blunt and if you don't like it then you can choose to put your blinders on along with Liz and crazyinegypt.

You know where the ignore button is. I don't need it. I'm blunt too, and I can take as good as I give.

good then we're both blunt! I don't feel the need to ignore anyone here I appreciate and enjoy reading everyone's ideas and opinions.

I respect Rebecca a lot and can only hope that one day I will be like her.

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I respect Rebecca a lot and can only hope that one day I will be like her.

Then we both have something wonderful to look forward to.

Good night, Sarah. Sleep tight!

nighty night!

speedbump

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well Melly..great topic...a dicussion that my husband and I keep having... I have a 7 year old daughter from a pervious marriage. My husband loves my daughter to death and children in general. I would like to have some more children, ideally 2 more...boy or girl does not matter to me....but my husband keep saying he wants 4 or children...which for me seems too big of number since I am thinking about having them formally educated...so to have 5 or 6 children to send to university seems impossible for me.

My husband is also eager to have children now, which I again am not eager to jump right into as our immigration and where we will live is not settled. Seems to me would be more particular to wait a year or two to have more...and enjoy each other in this time more. I htought I was pregnant and my husband was so over joyed....I was too, but thought really in the back of mind that it was not the time for a pregnancy.But as always it is in the hands of Allah... so whatever we get we will be happy for...and say elhamdullah!

I'm wondering, have you discussed your age prejudices with your mom?

Actually, defining it as abnormal doesn't bother me. To me, it is abnormal because it is unconventional, but this goes back to how words can carry different meanings for different people. I see nothing offensive about abnormal but untoward would bother me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
one more thing... I want nothing to do with a man 20 years older than myself. Gross!

awww :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

one more thing... I want nothing to do with a man 20 years older than myself. Gross!

awww :blush:

Don't worry Charles... 20 years older in this case is still quite young ;)

:lol::dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
My dad is 24 years older than me and I still see women younger than me throwing themselves at him... must not be too "gross" :whistle:

i used to have the same problem until i stopped licking my eyebrows in public. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

i used to have the same problem until i stopped licking my eyebrows in public. :whistle:

OMG if it wasn't gross before it is now... thanks :huh:

woohooo i offended vp :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am not wishing anything bad upon you and it's too bad you are wishing it upon me.

I don't see anything wrong with me posting my concerns about certain relationships.

I find it very interesting that the only people saying that the age difference is normal is the couples where the woman is older than the man...surprise surprise!

I never said it is normal, it is unique, but its a personal choice. Not only that, many men have been marrying younger women for years now and it seems perfectly acceptable. Why do so many people choose to try to stiffle equality? There is only a select few that insist on making it a big deal, which of course they know we will respond. I think it is more that some people enjoy needling people. Why does it have to be an issue to you when it doesn't affect you?

Now, as for 60 year olds getting pregnant, and for those of you who laugh at it, and claim it doesn't happen, maybe you should do your research a little better before making comments.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/19/...in1330442.shtml

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13801920/

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/english/...0807_76732.html

http://www.bloggingbaby.com/2006/10/24/tur...es-birth-at-64/

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.