Vanessa Bertrand

k1 cancellation

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just field the K1 visa on Sept 25. I havent received the NOA1 yeat.

And I would like to cancel the petition because I just found out that he is not ready for marriage when I asked him over and over.

ANd its not really me that he wants to go to in the US its his family. He is not ready to live with me and he keeps on persisting that he wants me to move to california when I really cannot.

*filed. sorry. mistake

I am glad that you realized this before he came and lived in California and you were still in Florida.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So sorry to hear that this happen to you. But its better that you know it now than later when he is already in the US and it would give you so much problem and headaches then. PRaying for your heart healing!! GOD bless you and be strong!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We received our NOA2 two weeks ago and now my beneficiary wants to continue with K-1 VISA but wants to come to US and marry first week then return to China for two year's to finish her retirement with government. In China retire at 50 years old. My answer was no because I provide our income and I am only one with home and I live and work in US. I am 65 and two years is a long time. She has been called by embassy to expect a package and I received NOA2 letter. If she gets VISA in Guangzhou how long does she have until she must marry me. I will not marry her and be in US for two years while she is in China for two years. If the case is that we must marry then how do I stop the VISA process now. I have not paid any fees and I have not received anything from NVC. If I do nothing will the process just die or am I liable for anything at this point. I have made several trips to China for a month at a time and this was a surprise. Some advice from wiser than I am would be appreciated. At this point I do not know if I can trust her so I really just want to cut my losses and stop this K1 process with me being the beneficiary. Her English is very poor and I got an interpreter to help but I still hear she wants to come back to China after marriage in US.

Thanks in advance for help

We received our NOA2 two weeks ago and now my beneficiary wants to continue with K-1 VISA but wants to come to US and marry first week then return to China for two year's to finish her retirement with government. In China retire at 50 years old. My answer was no because I provide our income and I am only one with home and I live and work in US. I am 65 and two years is a long time. She has been called by embassy to expect a package and I received NOA2 letter. If she gets VISA in Guangzhou how long does she have until she must marry me.

She has 6 months to enter USA once she gets the visa. After entering USA, you both have 90 days to get married. After that, file for Adjustment of Status AOS (conditional permanent resident receives a green card valid for 2 years). In order to remain a permanent resident, a conditional permanent resident must file a petition to remove the condition during the 90 days before the card expires. The conditional card cannot be renewed. The conditions must be removed or you will lose your permanent resident status.

See the VJ Guides above for better understanding of the AOS / Remove Conditions process.

I will not marry her and be in US for two years while she is in China for two years. If the case is that we must marry then how do I stop the VISA process now. I have not paid any fees and I have not received anything from NVC. If I do nothing will the process just die or am I liable for anything at this point. I have made several trips to China for a month at a time and this was a surprise. Some advice from wiser than I am would be appreciated. At this point I do not know if I can trust her so I really just want to cut my losses and stop this K1 process with me being the beneficiary. Her English is very poor and I got an interpreter to help but I still hear she wants to come back to China after marriage in US.

If she goes back to China after marriage without AOS, you have to file IR-1 / CR-1 Visa for her to come back to US after that.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

To stop the K-1 Visa, prepare a letter explaining that you'd like to withdraw/stop the K-1 Visa. It wouldn't hurt to have your signature on the letter notarized. Send the letter, along with a copy of the NOA2, to the US Embassy in Guangzhou.

Thanks in advance for help

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Have no fear, the right person will appear in your life, when you least expect it.

I agree with this, the right one will come along good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.