Ryan H

NVC Filers - October 2012

806 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's why I don't know whether they are closed either. It really seems like they constantly spit in our faces. No one there cares about our stories, our pain. It's just not right to keep people separated like this with no idea when they can be reunited. All I do is cry. It's not a life at all anymore.

there's a news blurb, upper left panel, at

http://www.state.gov/

it's sorta vague, but there ya go.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The NVC isnt even anywhere close to Washington DC

I KNOW ! The call center though, has a DC prefix.

There's a huge geographic gap between reviewers, computer operators, mail room and call center.

What did you learn, when you called into the NVC hotline? Can share?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It just says something like The NVC is closed, opening hours are 7-midnight (i think), call back during our opening hours - no message on why they are closed outside of normal opening hours.

i didn't know about the call center. does that mean they are still processing paperwork in NH but just don't take calls in DC? I am sorry I am such a mess but all I can do is cry anymore these days. I just miss my husband so much. I had to leave 5 days after our wedding and I just want to see him again.

There's a huge geographic gap between reviewers, computer operators, mail room and call center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I called like 5 minutes ago! The have like message I guess the same message they use for hollidays!! But I was reading some news about it!! I will share

Hurricane Sandy

FEDERAL OFFICES in the Washington, DC, area are CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, Monday, October 29, 2012. See http://www.opm.gov/status/ for updates to federal agency operating status and schedules. NON-EMERGENCY EMPLOYEES (including employees on pre-approved paid leave) will be granted excused absence (administrative leave) for the number of hours they were scheduled to work unless they are: required to telework; on official travel outside of the Washington, DC, area; on leave without pay, or; on an alternative work schedule (AWS) day off. TELEWORK: Non-emergency employees who normally telework on Monday or who have situational telework agreements are not required to telework. EMERGENCY EMPLOYEES are expected to report to their worksites unless otherwise directed by their agencies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

That's why I don't know whether they are closed either. It really seems like they constantly spit in our faces. No one there cares about our stories, our pain. It's just not right to keep people separated like this with no idea when they can be reunited. All I do is cry. It's not a life at all anymore.

I am right there with you, I don't sleep, I don't eat, Now I wait for a interview date, I feel empty having to wait 3 days before the NVC starts scheduling appointments, all my friends and family don't understand why we can't be together, we have started to plan a trip so we don't get disappointed if we don't get a appointment this month

Timeline

Looking at the way the schedule appointments and with Christmas coming up I don't even think that a December date is still an option, especially since I still don't have a case complete due to the stupid RFE. They received the new documents 13 days ago and still no case complete so now we will probably miss November scheduling and not get a date before January or February. I just can't do this anymore.

I am right there with you, I don't sleep, I don't eat, Now I wait for a interview date, I feel empty having to wait 3 days before the NVC starts scheduling appointments, all my friends and family don't understand why we can't be together, we have started to plan a trip so we don't get disappointed if we don't get a appointment this month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

603 is NH area code, but with clouds the way they are the number can translate into any site or city, They must be closed due to the storm, no other reason, next time I call, i will ask were the call center is

Looking at the way the schedule appointments and with Christmas coming up I don't even think that a December date is still an option, especially since I still don't have a case complete due to the stupid RFE. They received the new documents 13 days ago and still no case complete so now we will probably miss November scheduling and not get a date before January or February. I just can't do this anymore.

When is the last time you called

Timeline

Friday

603 is NH area code, but with clouds the way they are the number can translate into any site or city, They must be closed due to the storm, no other reason, next time I call, i will ask were the call center is

When is the last time you called

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

cjjj, I'm so sorry you are going through hard time. I see that some people deal with this immigration &^##@&*($$^& in different ways: I know it will happen for my husband and I, sooner or later; and I would love it to be sooner! I think it is a great idea, as someone else mentioned, to make plans with your loved ones not because you may not get a sooner interview but just because. I'm praying for your case to be completed soon. And please, do count business days only. Before I used to count every single day, weekends, holidays, etc. and I was freaking out that my our case was taking so long.

I have you in my thoughts <hug> (F)

Impatient - my second name :)

USCIS:

9 June 2012 - MARRIED <3

28 June 2012 - I-130 sent

6 July 2012 - NOA1

14 August 2012 - Medical exam

10 Sept 2012 - USCIS approved!!

NVC:

20 Sept 2012 - NVC received

21 Sept 2012 - Case# & IIN received

24 Sept 2012 - DS-3032 e-mailed

26 Sept 2012 - AOS bill invoiced/payment sent

27 Sept 2012 - AOS bill shows PAID

28 Sept 2012 - AOS packet sent

01 Oct 2012 - AOS packet received by NVC

05 Oct 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

09 Oct 2012 - AOS packet reviewed/accepted

09 Oct 2012 - IV bill invoiced/payment sent

10 Oct 2012 - IV packet sent

11 Oct 2012 - IV bill shows PAID

11 Oct 2012 - IV packet received by NVC

22 Oct 2012 - IV packet reviewed/accepted

22 Oct 2012 - case complete

26 Oct 2012 - NVC e-mail of case complete

05 Nov 2012 - interview scheduled

Embassy:

12 Dec 2012 - interview in Warsaw, Poland-APPROVED!

13 Dec 2012 - visa in hand

16 Dec 2012 - POE

26 Dec 2012 - SSC received in mail

7 Jan 2013 - GC arrived in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm still waiting on a case closed. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: or any kind of response from my DS-260 submission.

I-130 Sent: 2012-06-12

I-130 NOA1: 2012-06-18

I-130 Approved: 2012-08-21

Received Case#: 2012-09-05

Sent OPTIN email: 2012-09-05

OPTIN email accepted: 2012-09-13

Submitted DS-261 online: 2012-09-15

AOS Fee paid: 2012-09-21

AOS Fee accepted: 2012-09-24

DS-261 accepted: 2012-09-27

AOS packet submitted: 2012-09-27

IV Fee paid: 2012-09-28

IV Fee Accepted: 2012-10-01

DS-260 Submitted online: 2012-10-14

DS-260 Supporting Docs Submitted: 2012-10-15

CASE COMPLETE: 2012-10-25

Received Case complete email: 2012-11-02

...& waiting for an interview!

Timeline

I'm sorry, if this is mean, but when I see people on here who only filed in June or July already having their interview dates it just makes me want to cry and scream. We did everything by the book but had the misfortune that we had to file with Vermont, which all summer took way longer than the other two centers. We filed in April and still don't have a case complete. It's just not fair. Cases should be done in order.

I'm still waiting on a case closed. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: or any kind of response from my DS-260 submission.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.