Danno

Democrat women appear more masculine, GOP women more feminine.

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Republican female politicians look more feminine than Democrats, study finds

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Republican women politicians look more feminine than Democratic women, a study has found.

Two UCLA researchers compared faces and political stances of the U.S. House of Representatives - and also found volunteers could deduce the women's political leanings through their pictures.

'I suppose we could call it the Michele Bachmann effect,' said Kerri Johnson, an assistant professor at UCLA in a statement - referring to the primped GOP congresswoman from Minnesota.

The researchers considered the faces of the 424 Representatives by feeding their pictures into a computer modeling program that measures the different features and how close they are to the average for either gender.

article-2209635-153D6E5E000005DC-822_306x423.jpgarticle-2209635-153D6C84000005DC-413_306x423.jpg

Who is the fairest? A study has found that Republican women have facial features that are more feminine than Democrats, like Hillary Clinton ®. Michelle Bachmann (L) has highly feminine features, they found

It considers more than 100 dimensions, including the jaw line, the placement of cheek bones, the shape of eyes, measurements across the face and the fullness of the lips.

Through these assessments, each face was given a score based on how close they were to female or male norms; scores ranged from -40 (male typical) to +40 (female typical).

No extra considerations - including hairstyle, jewellery or make up - were made, the researchers said.

As well as comparing these scores with the person's party affiliation, they also looked at how conservative or liberal the lawmaker was through voting choices they have previously made.

They found that, for women, Republicans' faces were twice as 'sex-typical' as those of Democrats.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209635/Republican-female-politicians-feminine-Democrats-according-study.html#ixzz27oiiB0Te

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-2209635-153D6B01000005DC-846_634x474.jpgarticle-2209635-153D6E49000005DC-249_306x423.jpg

Republican representatives with highly feminine features including were Kay Granger (Texas), Cathy Rodgers McMorris (Washington) and Michele Bachmann (Minnesota).

Among the Democrats with the least gender typical faces were Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (South Dakota), Rosa DeLauro (Connecticut) and Anna G. Eshoo (California).

Interestingly, among conservative lawmakers of both genders, women were 13 points more feminine than men were masculine while among more liberal politicians, women were five points more feminine than men were masculine, the research found.

'Female politicians with stereotypically feminine facial features are more likely to be Republican than Democrat, and the correlation increases the more conservative the lawmaker's voting record,' added lead author Colleen M. Carpinella, a UCLA graduate student in psychology.

As the GOP is associated more often with traditional gender roles, he researchers also expected to find that male Republicans would be more masculine than their Democratic counterparts.

But in fact, they found the faces of male Republicans scored, on average, as less masculine than the faces of their Democratic counterparts.

'It may be unnecessary for Republican men to exhibit masculinity through their appearance,' Carpinella said. 'Their policy advocacy and leadership roles may already confer these characteristics on them.'

After this initial research, they then showed 120 undergraduates the photos of the politicians and asked them to guess the person's political affiliation.

Their guesses for the Republican politicians became more accurate the more feminine the face.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209635/Republican-female-politicians-feminine-Democrats-according-study.html#ixzz27oj6IZ7h

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209635/Republican-female-politicians-feminine-Democrats-according-study.html#ixzz27oiybx00

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Marry a Republican woman, but date Democrats so you can have some fun first

Democrat women never close their curtains even though they should

Republican women always close them even though it is not necessary

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
republican-women-republicans-politics-1341391726.png

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

'It may be unnecessary for Republican men to exhibit masculinity through their appearance,' Carpinella said. 'Their policy advocacy and leadership roles may already confer these characteristics on them.'

Wow. It appears logical thinking is no longer an integral part of the academic process.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Marry a Republican woman, but date Democrats so you can have some fun first

Democrat women never close their curtains even though they should

Republican women always close them even though it is not necessary

There is some truth in that.

William Penn

Timeline

Could it be that it matters more to the left what the intelligence, actual policy positions and leadership potential a person has compared to the right? The way the tea party reacted to Palin certainly seemed to suggest that her looks mattered a lot more than her brains!

Timeline

Could it be that it matters more to the left what the intelligence, actual policy positions and leadership potential a person has compared to the right? The way the tea party reacted to Palin certainly seemed to suggest that her looks mattered a lot more than her brains!

Wow, who knew, Left-leaning women can't cover two bases.... Policy and a hairstyle in the same week.

William Penn

Shhh, people here think all women care about whether or not they find them attractive. Don't ruin it for them. ;)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

No, not really, otherwise they'd be doing more than just making up the numbers in the eyes of the Democrat powermongers.

Personally, my favourite female politician is Senator Olympia Snows. Unlike most of her Republican contemporaries (and even fewer when she departs the Senate) and most all of her Democrat counterparts, she understood the value of moderation and bipartisanship. She was one of the few elected representatives to give me hope that Washington could be fixed.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

No, not really, otherwise they'd be doing more than just making up the numbers in the eyes of the Democrat powermongers.

Personally, my favourite female politician is Senator Olympia Snows. Unlike most of her Republican contemporaries (and even fewer when she departs the Senate) and most all of her Democrat counterparts, she understood the value of moderation and bipartisanship. She was one of the few elected representatives to give me hope that Washington could be fixed.

I guess "moderation" has it's upside..... getting elected to office on a national level doesn't seem to be one.

The GOP can't seem to figure this one out (McCain Romney) but the Left has this concept down cold. (Obamer)

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NO. If it did we would have had single payer health care passed before Obama took office and he could have taken the oath, turned around and signed it into law.

It could be that someone has published photos of attractive Republican women and photos of unattractive Democrats. (just possible) I actually saw an attractive Democrat woman once. She was blonde and had no brains whatsoever, but I am guessing there are more and maybe even one with a brain. She is probably young and has not paid income tax yet and is still getting free birth control to subsidize her sex habit between classes...BUT she is likely to exist.

And for women, looks should matter more. We keep getting sold this bill of goods that it is not important how women look. Balderdash! It is critically important. It is just as easy to fall in love with a HOT woman as a heifer. Even easier!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

This is all balanced out seeing how lefty leaning men are far more likely to be more feminine than their right leaning counterparts.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Shhh, people here think all women care about whether or not they find them attractive. Don't ruin it for them. ;)

republican-women2.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

And for women, looks should matter more. We keep getting sold this bill of goods that it is not important how women look. Balderdash! It is critically important. It is just as easy to fall in love with a HOT woman as a heifer. Even easier!

Much easier to fall in love with a good looking man too. My go for a fat guy if you can have a spritely young hottie?

And there's a reason why Paul Ryan is on the ticket and not, say Bobby Jindal or Tim Pawlenty, although women are much smarter than being fooled by his frat-boy good looks.

90day.jpg