SweetnessATX

Jamaica K1 - cosponsors

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you Life'sJ. I now understand. Thank you for explaining. I assume then the same applies for a co-sponsor....I add my fiance to the number of their household to get the amount they have to make. Sorry for the confusion.

Can someone help locate Cosponsor forms so I can have this information ready?

ONE LOVE

Thank you Life'sJ. I now understand. Thank you for explaining. I assume then the same applies for a co-sponsor....I add my fiance to the number of their household to get the amount they have to make. Sorry for the confusion.

Can someone help locate Cosponsor forms so I can have this information ready?

Both you the petitioner nad the co-sponsor must fill out a I-134 form. Both you and the co-sponsor must supply finance information. What are your plans for the AOS, this same income requirements must be met.

Both you the petitioner nad the co-sponsor must fill out a I-134 form. Both you and the co-sponsor must supply finance information. What are your plans for the AOS, this same income requirements must be met. The 864 finance foms for the AOS has a stronger legal binding obligation. Please read this form before asking anyone to be a co-sponsor.

Timeline

OK thanks for the info LJ - I have my I-134 completed with backup but once I find a co-sponsor will do the same for them.

I am in tears but at least my gut told me to inquire so I can be prepared.

When does the Form 864 come into play?

I will be getting a job any time now. I am a paralegal and have had some great interview recently so it won't be long before I will have the income I am used to.

Thank you for taking time to help me today. I am trying to stay hopeful that I can work this out.

ONE LOVE

OK thanks for the info LJ - I have my I-134 completed with backup but once I find a co-sponsor will do the same for them.

I am in tears but at least my gut told me to inquire so I can be prepared.

When does the Form 864 come into play?

I will be getting a job any time now. I am a paralegal and have had some great interview recently so it won't be long before I will have the income I am used to.

Thank you for taking time to help me today. I am trying to stay hopeful that I can work this out.

The 864 comes into play when you'll file for AOS(adjustment of status. This is an enforceable agreement between whomever signs it and the US government. Please read it carefully. Your SO will notbe able work until he has AOS after marriage.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry for posting the incorrect table. i was more concern with the info about the co sponsor. base on your situation, i would say start working on your co sponsor, i think your gonna need it cause there are very strict here @ the embassy.

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

No worries DJ - others got me the right info.

I will have a co-sponsor as backup. My unemployment amount meets the requirement but they very well not accept it as income and may discount my savings even though its equal to several years salary. I understand the need for the strict requirements and should have been better prepared for this scenario. Now I will be - thanks to everyone here.

ONE LOVE

Timeline

You need a cosponsor, unemployment is not a steady income it is a temporary income. Unless you have a seasonal job and collect unemployment certain times of year than its ok if you have...savings is counted but you will need 3 times of amount 18,929 so you need 56,787 in savings if you have no income

Timeline

If you get a job before interview you can have your job write a employment letter that states when your hired,salary,fulltime or part time...also if you have children you need to count them as a member of household

Timeline

Thanks Shawna and AM&AG. Good info and advice. I have calmed down thank goodness. We will put our best foot forward and hope for the best. I may not be able to get a co-sponsor so that may be a deal breaker. All I can do is all I can do. Bless

ONE LOVE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.