Sofiyya

Do you spoil him?

296 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

haha this is the part when VP knows she can't win so she resorts to childish name calling.

Unlike some JR high school students here I am not in a popularity contest and there is nothing to win... the only thing to be won is the VISA! ;)

If you or others don't like what I write then don't read it... no one is forcing your eyes here.

I don't think it's a question of liking or not liking what you write or who you are. When ideas are put on a discussion forum, they get discussed. If you write something I disagree with, i'm going to reply. It's the nature fo the board.

And you can discuss it till your blue in the face... that's cool. But personal attacks and flames from VJ crappers like the one above are just that... #######!

haha this is the part when VP knows she can't win so she resorts to childish name calling.

Unlike some JR high school students here I am not in a popularity contest and there is nothing to win... the only thing to be won is the VISA! ;)

If you or others don't like what I write then don't read it... no one is forcing your eyes here.

I never said I don't like reading it cause I absolutely love seeing you lick your wounds and revert to childsplay with everyone. Yay!

Why don't you mosey back over to your "doubts" thread to find out how your man is using you for his GC? :huh:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I still stand by the logic that words are powerful and until we can become sensitive to the use of words we will never learn to communicate effectively. Conflict resolution (be it a disute betwen friends or a international dispute) begins with listening and effective language. I don't call that PC

Words and logic are my work. I am very sensitive to them both. However, because I am, I'm very aware that they are often ineffectively used here and responded to in an emotionally pc manner. That is why there is so much conflict on the threads. Too much pc.

I don't think it's a question of liking or not liking what you write or who you are. When ideas are put on a discussion forum, they get discussed. If you write something I disagree with, i'm going to reply. It's the nature fo the board.

And you can discuss it till your blue in the face... that's cool. But personal attacks and flames from VJ crappers like the one above are just that... #######!

maybe we should all learn to take our own advice sometimes. We choose who and how we respond. It takes two to tango.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

maybe we should all learn to take our own advice sometimes. We choose who and how we respond. It takes two to tango.

That's true but I can't stand the way certain people here act and throw sh!t around and then act like sweet innocent little angels... then when someone throws it back they wanna whine about it and cry about people "picking fights" with them. :rolleyes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I never said I don't like reading it cause I absolutely love seeing you lick your wounds and revert to childsplay with everyone. Yay!

Why don't you mosey back over to your "doubts" thread to find out how your man is using you for his GC? :huh:

What do you mean by that VP?

That's true but I can't stand the way certain people here act and throw sh!t around and then act like sweet innocent little angels... then when someone throws it back they wanna whine about it and cry about people "picking fights" with them. :rolleyes:

I am responsible only for myself

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

Hello, people. We seem to be going for a closed thread record on this board. As the OP, I would not like to see this thread closed. Could we please calm down, please?!

Edited by szsz

Filed: Other Timeline

szsz===You might be used to some "emotional" repsonses, but because you dont' know me, I truly resent what you are saying here. My reaction is not based on anything to do with political correctness. I abhor racism and I will say when I think someone is speaking or acting in a racist manner. That is called moral fortitude, not political correctness.

I still stand by the logic that words are powerful and until we can become sensitive to the use of words we will never learn to communicate effectively. Conflict resolution (be it a disute betwen friends or a international dispute) begins with listening and effective language. I don't call that PC

Words and logic are my work. I am very sensitive to them both. However, because I am, I'm very aware that they are often ineffectively used here and responded to in an emotionally pc manner. That is why there is so much conflict on the threads. Too much pc.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

No particular person, just a type that has come up in conversations with my husband and some of his friends. It seems that there are foreign women who shower their Arab men with thousands of dollars and tons of gifts. On the "Doubts" thread, I related the story of a family member whose gf sends him buku bucks and expensive gifts that he uses to entertain other women. She's not the only one who feels a need to do this, and the ones I've heard of are mostly European. I'm just wondering about this practice and how common it is.

I know several women in their 50s and 60s living with 19-25 year old men in Morocco. One couple is married, the rest are living together or have an "arrangement." She gives him a car, cash, a nice place to live, electronics, etc. He gives her, well.... sexual companionship. It is very very common. It is also common with older Western men and young Moroccan women.

By the way, many of these women know exactly what is going on and do not pretend that it is love. Most of them have no intention of marrying, but several do get swept up in it. I know a professional in her 50's who just decided to marry her 22 year old lover, even though she knew it was ridiculous. She told me that she was happy and didn't care how long it lasted. I know another 50-something British woman who met a 25 year old desert guide and promptly "fell in love." Now she sends him money every week to support his family and even his sister's medical bills. This woman has a "glow" now and is happy. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. But, hey - it makes her happy!

We have a name for this in darija, but it is not very nice so I will refrain.

szsz===You might be used to some "emotional" repsonses, but because you dont' know me, I truly resent what you are saying here. My reaction is not based on anything to do with political correctness. I abhor racism and I will say when I think someone is speaking or acting in a racist manner. That is called moral fortitude, not political correctness.

And you don't know me but yet you're trying to label me as a racist here and call me names.

I am probably the least racist person you'd ever meet. Just because I don't take offense to a word that you do doesn't mean anything other than you and I have two different deffinitions for that word.

I would like it noted here that I am fighting with no one. :innocent:

boxer.gif come'on szsz I don't want you to feel left out. :P

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

I don't think this is merely an emotional PC response. There is quite a bit of hypocrisy in that within this forum people repeatedly discuss how they are hurt/angered/upset by the (perceived) discrimination their spouses receive and/or the things friends/family/co-workers have said about their relationships. They have no tolerance for other's ineffective or inappropriate use of words, yet throw around equally loaded words and say equally charged things.

Timeline

But here's the rub, peezy. You take a comment a certain way, and you have the freedom to do so. But then, so do I, and I don't take it the same way you do. If you discern racism from someone's remarks, doesn't someone else have the right to disagree if they don't discern it the same way you do? And if they do disagree, are they lacking in moral fortitude because they do not take a comment the way you do?

I think I'll try that ignore feature and see if it works, then we can get back to normal discussions that might get a little heated, but at least they don't turn into playground mudfights.

When I went to see Abdel I took presents for him and for all of his family. This was normal in my family when someone visited from out of town so I expected nothing less of myself. For his birthday I sent a box of stuff (MP3 player & 12 CDs of MP3s I burned for him, rechargable batteries and an adapter to charge them, English tapes and books, socks, T-shirts, etc....) He shared everything with his family and I had to ask him not to give away things I bought for him that I really wanted him to have. For my birthday he sent me a box that contained Italian dress sandles, chocolates and a wooden dish I had asked for.)

His family bought me presents every day I was there, and I was there for 16 days. When he came here, he brought presents for everyone in my family and presents for me. His sister has sent at least one package that I can remember since he got here - we haven't sent any. He's very picky about what he wants to send them, and there are so many of them that it's going to be pretty expensive when we go shopping. We've picked up a few things here and there for different people, but not much really.

I think as long as it's mutual that's what matters. When it's one sided, I would worry. Even if a guy doesn't have a job he can do odd jobs for money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.