Sofiyya

Do you spoil him?

296 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I know many disagree, but I think it's a double standard to view gifts from men to their SO's as acceptable and gifts from women to their SO's as "sugar momma". JMHO.

That said, I never had money to buy gifts, but if I did I wouldn't hesitate to do as I wished with it.

I just want to agree here... IF I had the money to buy him gifts I would! I don't see anything wrong with a woman buying gifts for her husband. :no:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

this is a sore spot with me.

I've tried a few times to send money, to buy him a cellphone, to send him a laptop, etc. Kind of for selfish reasons though only 'cause 1) I want to call him and 2) I don't want him to have to wait in line at the cyber cafe everynight. I make a very good living and never really thought twice about it. I have always made a LOT more than any man I've ever dated so I guess I'm just used to it.

He on the other hand refused each time and now I can't even bring it up because it upsets him. He said it would bring "great shame" on him. I guess it's a culture thing. Not like I wanted to send money all the time but just really really really would like if he had his own computer and cell phone. Oh well.

I did send a Red Sox pen once via Fed Express but they lost the package. :(

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yankee delivery driver no doubt. He ran it over with his truck!

:lol::lol::lol:

you know this year is the first year in a long time that my tv doesn't have nesn on my favorites in my clicker. I could barely watch at all once August was halfway done. :crying:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yankee delivery driver no doubt. He ran it over with his truck!

:lol::lol::lol:

you know this year is the first year in a long time that my tv doesn't have nesn on my favorites in my clicker. I could barely watch at all once August was halfway done. :crying:

I thought the season ended in August... :whistle::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On my drive home I did think of one thing that was a "gift" for my husband. He wants children pretty bad, so I had my tubes untied in February. Of all of the things I could give my husband, a baby would top the list.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I didnt while he was still in jordan, but now, that were both here, we spoil eachother...ALOT

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmmm I brought Hicham a few gifts when I visited along with his family since they let me stay with them it was the least I could do. I wouldn't say I spoil him though.

I have seen some women who pay for cell phones, internet, computers, train fare etc. and I think that's pretty stupid. If Hicham ever asked me for money for that I would ask him "you have made it this far without needing money from me so why would you need it now all of a sudden".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Interesting topic. Do I spoil him? In my opinion no, but others may think my gifts are lavish. The gifts I have purchased have been high end items (not electronics, but designer goods) and thats because that is just my taste. I have sent gifts to his mom and the kids though. I tend to spoil myself so I won't buy him anything that I wouldn't want/use myself. I sent him a gift for his birthday, nothing for Christmas, nothing for Valentine's Day. But he spoils me alot more. He has sent me about 5 packages so far this year.

Edited to say...he has never asked me for a thing and loathes getting gifts from me. It usually leads to an argument. :lol:

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I bought him cologne last trip there. Bottle of Johnny Walker last year. My first big purchase was last week and he got it today. I bought him underwear, undershirts, 3 three t shirts, socks and a jogging suit. I had too, his stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooo worn to death!!!!!

Is this considered lavish????

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I bought him cologne last trip there. Bottle of Johnny Walker last year. My first big purchase was last week and he got it today. I bought him underwear, undershirts, 3 three t shirts, socks and a jogging suit. I had too, his stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooo worn to death!!!!!

I don't think it's lavish. :no: To be honest, I don't think anything is lavish when being given to the person you love. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

When my husband was in Italy, I sent him a few packages containing pretty inexpensive items. I think the most expensive thing I sent was a pair of soccer sneakers, and even they were only like $25. Thats the only thing (besides my undying love) he's ever asked me to give him lol. For our anniversary earlier this month, I got him an Ipod Nano (which he loves like a son lol) and he got me this beautiful and really cool goes-with-everything topaz bracelet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

By lavish, I mean her gifts have been confused with the booty from an "Oprah's Favorite Things" show. :lol: In my opening post, I was referring to women who buy lots of expensive things + for one man who keeps accepting them but cannot reciprocate in even close to the same manner. To me, it's overcompensating or buying his love. MOHO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.