Sofiyya

Do you spoil him?

296 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was amazed at how easily people were insulted by the word "ghetto" in a single sentence, but not so much by the ageism repeatedly expressed on this board.

i wonder if their blood pressure rises every time they hear the term ghetto blaster or ghetto booty. :P

I miss my ghetto booty....since I have been on this freaking computer day and night it has become the secretary spread! :lol:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I was amazed at how easily people were insulted by the word "ghetto" in a single sentence, but not so much by the ageism repeatedly expressed on this board.

The most obvious ageism I have seen on this board is against the "young" women, as if their opinions and thoughts come from only from lack of experience. Feeling an older woman/younger man relationship is "gross" may be rooted in ageism but it doesn't have to be.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just wanted to add one thing I have noticed. I have already seen 3 out of the 4 people who claimed to put Sarah of sarahandhicham on ignore just the other day and now are responding to her again. Make up your mind. If you want to put someone on ignore because you simply can't handle their comments and then you are gonna state it publicly, then don't go back on what you said.

I noticed in a thread where a few people ganged up on Sarah and I guess that was ok in your opinions because it was Sarah however if it was another member it would not be ok. Then again they turn around again and start that line of communication, very mature. :thumbs:

Is it really a surprise that people gang up on Sarah? She can be abrasive, and it is intentional, just for the purpose of needling people. So why is that a surprise since it is her intention? She speaks her opinion, knowing full well it will upset people. That is her right. Then people defend themselves to her (although I don't see why we bother), and it appears she is picked on? It is also their right to voice their opinion. Sarah is no ones victim.

No. I do not state my opinion because I know it will upset someone. I state it because it's a discussion full of opinions and everyone has theirs along with myself. It is not my intention I don't know how you as someone who does not know me can come along and fully understand my "intentions"? I'm sorry we have never met and I don't think you know me. My opinions are not to get people riled up. I am not the only one who shares the same opinion about certain couples anyways. Sorry, you don't know me and you certainly do not know my intentions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The most obvious ageism I have seen on this board is against the "young" women, as if their opinions and thoughts come from only from lack of experience. Feeling an older woman/younger man relationship is "gross" may be rooted in ageism but it doesn't have to be.

also noted is the ageism some have stated about older men. :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Awe Charles, not all older men are jerks. Just the ones that are available in the dating pools some of us have been fishing in in the past. Look at you, you had to go import a Brazilian since apparently the older women dating pool where you are was just as bad!

Please don't be offended by me saying "Imported". I tell Abdel he's my lamborghini. We import anything else of value that we can't find anything comparable to here, why not spouses? They're the most valuable thing we can have in our lives.

Timeline
Awe Charles, not all older men are jerks. Just the ones that are available in the dating pools some of us have been fishing in in the past. Look at you, you had to go import a Brazilian since apparently the older women dating pool where you are was just as bad!

Please don't be offended by me saying "Imported". I tell Abdel he's my lamborghini. We import anything else of value that we can't find anything comparable to here, why not spouses? They're the most valuable thing we can have in our lives.

aww telling him you imported him must make him feel so special. :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i wonder if we'll have to pay a luxery tax on our imported spouses :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

If there is any ageism against the young women, it's because of hostility expressed against older people. I haven't seen any older people throwing out negative comments toward younger people as a matter of course.

Timeline

Interesting. I didn't see anyone saying anything negative about the younger members of this group, other than the lack of experience, which is true. What I have seen here is that it is constantly pointed out that those of us in a younger man/older woman relationship is constantly put on the defensive. Frankly it's getting old. I don't care if someone thinks I am being used for a visa. No one here really knows me or my husband. In turn, I don't really know anyone here's situation, and I would never go so far as to say I think their relationship is fraud basing it on a physical aspect. Its not my place.

I have seen older women with younger men. I have seen extremely large women with thin men, and I have seen unattractive women with handsome men. Should I base that on fraud as well? Has anyone ever thought that possibly, just possibly these men have matured past the physical end of things and have come to understand that true beauty comes from inside. Do we not give these men enough credit?

i wonder if we'll have to pay a luxery tax on our imported spouses :unsure:

Oh Charles...what would we do without you to add some spice and humor to our group?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

If there is any ageism against the young women, it's because of hostility expressed against older people. I haven't seen any older people throwing out negative comments toward younger people as a matter of course.

Once again, I have not expressed any hostility towards older people. I expressed that I find older woman younger man relationships to be different. Where does that say that I am hostile towards old people? I already told you how much I love my Mom and she is even older than you, barely.

Timeline

Once again, I have not expressed any hostility towards older people. I expressed that I find older woman younger man relationships to be different. Where does that say that I am hostile towards old people? I already told you how much I love my Mom and she is even older than you, barely.

Hmmmm.....you don't intentionally needle people? :huh:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I wish that "different" was the only descriptive term you'd used regarding age gap relationships.

Timeline

Hmmmm.....you don't intentionally needle people? :huh:

nope. She is barely older than her. That's how old my Mom is. What gives? I don't need you to point out every post I make to try to make it clear that you thinkI am "needling" people. SZSZ is the one spreading false information that I am hostile towards old people, that's not true.

What I have seen here is that it is constantly pointed out that those of us in a younger man/older woman relationship is constantly put on the defensive.

Please don't forget how "gross" those couples are as well :thumbs:

I knew someday you would agree :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.