Sofiyya

Do you spoil him?

296 posts in this topic

I didn't expect anything different of you Sarah, because I've come to see that you just love being a hater - of anything and anybody.

What's the point of putting someone on ignore and then to keep talking about them directly or indirectly. This board is so open, even indirect comments are apparent to anyone reading regularly.

Not everyone has this view of Sarah- she has been a dream in helping me sort out this journey when I was just getting started and offers me gentle reassurances as I wait. You are entitled to feel anyway you want about anyone on this board, but tell me what's the point of this comment? What is being achieved?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

I didn't expect anything different of you Sarah, because I've come to see that you just love being a hater - of anything and anybody.

What's the point of putting someone on ignore and then to keep talking about them directly or indirectly. This board is so open, even indirect comments are apparent to anyone reading regularly.

We have already established that there are two different Sarahs. :lol::hehe:

For crying out loud it's just a word. :whistle:

Regarding this "debate" over the the word ghetto: A lot of energy has been spent to argue the word is not racist OR the people offened are too sensitive OR too PC and those offened should just get over the fact that others disagree.

Sometimes it is not a question of being right or wrong, but being able to listen, even when you are right and the other person is wrong, to the thoughts of the person offeneded and recognizing that opinion has value and being right can take a back seat to being kind, open and tolerant.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just wanted to add one thing I have noticed. I have already seen 3 out of the 4 people who claimed to put Sarah of sarahandhicham on ignore just the other day and now are responding to her again. Make up your mind. If you want to put someone on ignore because you simply can't handle their comments and then you are gonna state it publicly, then don't go back on what you said.

I noticed in a thread where a few people ganged up on Sarah and I guess that was ok in your opinions because it was Sarah however if it was another member it would not be ok. Then again they turn around again and start that line of communication, very mature. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This thread needs more wookie

chewy.gif

chewy.gifchewy.gif

chewy.gifchewy.gifchewy.gif

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
This thread needs more wookie

chewy.gif

chewy.gifchewy.gif

chewy.gifchewy.gifchewy.gif

Dancing wookiees !!!!!!!!!!

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not everyone has this view of Sarah- she has been a dream in helping me sort out this journey when I was just getting started and offers me gentle reassurances as I wait. You are entitled to feel anyway you want about anyone on this board, but tell me what's the point of this comment? What is being achieved?

Thanks! I'm always happy to help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not Sarah of Sarah and Hicham, a different Sarah with a different spouse who is at a different process in the VJ.

Ah ha

I can't keep up. :lol:

It is funny though how that seems to be a name for agitators.

Not agitators, just people who see through you. SOrry you don't like that! boohoo.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Regarding this "debate" over the the word ghetto: A lot of energy has been spent to argue the word is not racist OR the people offened are too sensitive OR too PC and those offened should just get over the fact that others disagree.

Sometimes it is not a question of being right or wrong, but being able to listen, even when you are right and the other person is wrong, to the thoughts of the person offeneded and recognizing that opinion has value and being right can take a back seat to being kind, open and tolerant.

Thank you for that, but, I don't believe that all opinions have value because some I've heard more than once and have had plenty of time to form my own thoughts about them. My thought: Opinions are like a--holes, everyone has one and some of them stink. So, I don't do the PC tolerant "every opinion has value". I do the un-PC, straight to the point thing when I am being addressed, and tell them whether or not their opinion has any value to me. That is my way of being kind and thoughtful to those who insist on conformity of thought. Then, they can choose to go off to find someone for whom their opinion has value. If they still want to waste their time trying to shove it down my throat after that, that's their business. I've done my part.

Edited by szsz

Thank you for that, but, I don't believe that all opinions have value because some I've heard more than once and have had plenty of time to form my own thoughts about them. My thought: Opinions are like a--holes, everyone has one and some of them stink. So, I don't do the PC tolerant "every opinion has value". I do the un-PC, straight to the point thing when I am being addressed, and tell them whether or not their opinion has any value to me. That is my way of being kind and thoughtful to those who insist on conformity of thought. Then, they can choose to go off to find someone for whom their opinion has value. If they still want to waste their time trying to shove it down my throat after that, that's their business. I've done my part.

I'm not talking about being PC. I'm not saying that all opinions have the same value or that all are correct. But it seems to me that once you have made your point several times over, it can be come less of a discussion and more of a argument over who is right. I always get a nervous around people who isisnt their view is correct without leaving themselves any room for error.

Of course szsz I know you know I mean the general "you" and not the specific "you" but just clarifying for the others who read this board.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just wanted to add one thing I have noticed. I have already seen 3 out of the 4 people who claimed to put Sarah of sarahandhicham on ignore just the other day and now are responding to her again. Make up your mind. If you want to put someone on ignore because you simply can't handle their comments and then you are gonna state it publicly, then don't go back on what you said.

I noticed in a thread where a few people ganged up on Sarah and I guess that was ok in your opinions because it was Sarah however if it was another member it would not be ok. Then again they turn around again and start that line of communication, very mature. :thumbs:

Is it really a surprise that people gang up on Sarah? She can be abrasive, and it is intentional, just for the purpose of needling people. So why is that a surprise since it is her intention? She speaks her opinion, knowing full well it will upset people. That is her right. Then people defend themselves to her (although I don't see why we bother), and it appears she is picked on? It is also their right to voice their opinion. Sarah is no ones victim.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was amazed at how easily people were insulted by the word "ghetto" in a single sentence, but not so much by the ageism repeatedly expressed on this board.

i wonder if their blood pressure rises every time they hear the term ghetto blaster or ghetto booty. :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.