Mrs_Mouse

Help w/ denial. Positive drug urine test & Stupidity

71 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Kim & Hatim... I think you were very clear in your explanation!!! You indicated that he said he tried it as a teen and yes, he tested positive during the medical. Anyone with reasoning and critical thinking abilities should have gotten the point here and understood what actually occured! Also, I agree that the negative comments are unwarranted and hope the VJ comunity has not changed to a group of people acting as immigration officials or critics but those offering advice and support.

My advice is to filter through the nonsense and communicate with those who responded with understanding, research and love to your post. I wish you luck and faith..

Rodceasar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh! Thats a smidge frustrating, but by no means something you can't overcome. I don't have any advice as to "where to go from here". But, I'd wrap your husband in bubblewrap, sit him on the couch for a year and tell him not to move until he has to pee in the cup! (Just joking :)) But you've made it this far. It sounds like you are approved, pending 4 drug screens spaced out every 3 months.

In the mean time, sounds like you might be spending the next year in Morocco. :(

My heart goes out to you. It can't be easy to handle that, but I don't think your husband was trying to be malicious or anything like that. I'm sure he loves you very much and wants to be with you just as bad as you do.

Keep your head up and remember love knows no boundaries.

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

I don't have anything to add other than I'm sorry to see this and I hope for a speedy resolution!! :(

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Oh dear!! sorry for the snag you hit during the medicals :(

Keep your chin up and as most people said, if your husband stays clear of any weed, even as a passive smoker, all should be well.

All the best in the rest of your journey :thumbs:

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I don't think there was anything cryptic about the OP's summary of her predicament or the questions that followed. I have noticed many people on this board pounce at an opportunity to pick apart what others say for some reason... guess they don't have much else to do?

Off-Topic2.gif To the OP- Unfortunately I have no advice as to the situation you are in. All I can say is I admire your positive attitude. I am so glad he was not flat out denied by his mistake. All I would do is follow the rules as stated, doesn't seem like you have many other options at this point. Hang in there, continue to be supportive of him and make sure he stays clean. Sadly this is a huge pitfall for the two of you, but its not the end of the world, you still have each other and there IS a resolution!

Edited by JE06

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First let me thank everyone here for all their help along the way while filing my CR-1 and getting me through this process. It has been one heck of a roller coaster ride. And truly the help here has been invaluable. I don't believe I could have done it without you. (F)

CR-1 Peitition was approved! Medical done! Consulate interview fantastic! BUT we have a snag in the process now. The medical test became a problem. My husband admitted to trying marijuana in the past as a teen. We have been honest in this process and did not want any problems with not being 100% upfront with anyone. Of course, that seems to have opened a whole new bucket of worms. The urine test was positive.

So I guess the going away party the night before was a bit premature. My athlete, health conscious, non-drinking husband who won't even take an aspirin apparently did something? :whistle: I won't go into it. It is baffling to me at this point. That's the best I can do to assume what happened. No drug test will show a positive result from him sitting in a car full of men smoking on a trip back from training camp. Which did happen that week...

He was told that he would have to undergo testing quarterly for a year. The consulate employee told him that upon completion of this his visa would be approved. I have not received a notice or denial. When I spoke to them on the phone at the consulate I was told he would undergo 1 year of testing and not given any more information. It was like pulling teeth to find out where we go next. Basically, the answer was after he tests negative for a year we will talk.

My question is now what do I expect? Do waivers need to be filed for? The I-601 process has been stopped according to a memo I saw online at USCIS. Will his papers or original submissions expire? The CR-1 petition was approved. Where do I go from here? We are trying to get an idea of what to do next before I start packing my bags to move to Morocco and wait out this fiasco.

Please no bashing. I've already done enough of the "I can't believe this...," and "how could you..." . Yes, there are some people 'that' naive. They exist. :bonk: Any help would be greatly appreciated. And as always, thank you for listening!!! This is cheaper than therapy. ;-)

Best regards, Kim

The petition was approved; the visa was denied. There's no waiver. He must pee in a cup for an entire year to then be approved. This is a rule for any beneficiary that tests positive.

So, you can pack your bags if you want to live with him in Morocco.

Sorry this happened to you.

Good luck

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I don't think there was anything cryptic about the OP's summary of her predicament or the questions that followed. I have noticed many people on this board pounce at an opportunity to pick apart what others say for some reason... guess they don't have much else to do?

i agree, i have also noticed the same ,also the people who do this most of the time have nothing useful to add. the OP has asked a question about what they can do about their situation not to get peoples opinoin of it .This is my main reason why i'm just an occasional vistor to this site now too many people just want to get a reaction

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You need to work this through with him, their appears to be an issue and it is personal not for here at this point. See an immigration attorney. Drugs are big stopper in this process, sometimes more important than you or your wishes. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh yes! Thats a good point. :-S I should make mention of that to my fiance who is DYING to go to the outdoor Slash concert in Toronto. We went to July when he was in London, Ontario and WHOA! It was insane how many people were smoking pot. Took me 4 times washing my clothes to get the smell of it out! :( I HATE the smell of it. Makes me sick.

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Kim, unfortunately there is no waiver for testing positive for cannabis. His best shot is to get tested regularly, as suggested, and keep all the records of these tests, so when the 12-month period is over he can continue with the process and get his visa.

What is done is done, so the only thing anyone can do it look forward and move on.

I hope all works out for both of you! Good luck!!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Trying to see positive in the situation: if your job and position allow, move to Morocco for a year, it could be fun and you get to spend a year with your husband in his "environment": it may help you be compassionate when he moves to be with you in your country and home.

Edited by bt1

Timeline

You can test positive from second hand marijuana smoke if you are around it long enough. Just saying.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.