Jacque67

September 2012 filers

677 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Murphy's "law" is, in fact, an adage, or just something "people say." Wouldn't count on it too much.

I highly doubt September '12 filers will wait until September '13 to receive an NOA2. The dam will burst soon and the approvals are bound to begin pouring in.

I too am hoping/expecting that NOA2 would be before September 2013.

But, NOA2 is not the visa. The visa takes more time.

So, if NOA2 does not come until July, a visa in September seems reasonable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If, say, the absolute worst case non-RFE scenario were to happen and there was a full eight-month wait, you'd get the NOA2 in May, and the interview in July. Yes, I see how you are trying to make a preemptive strike against this.

If I were in your situation, for me it would come down to how much risk I was willing to take on. I would probably begin the Uzbekistan visa process immediately. After all, if you did apply for the visa today and she got the NOA2 tomorrow, what would the disadvantage be? You'd be able to fly there and be with her during the interview.

Edited by Ighaepero

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Endlessly reloading the USCIS webpage has finally paid off!

On March 26, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.

I'm so happy I'm in tears. I just can't decide if I should wake Michelle up. She just went to bed an hour ago....I'm waking her up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

On March 26, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.

I'm so happy I'm in tears. I just can't decide if I should wake Michelle up. She just went to bed an hour ago....I'm waking her up.

CONGRATULATIONS! :D:dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK my fellow CSC September filers, how often do you get to visit with you fiance(e)?

My last visit was in January. At the time, I was expecting to obtain the NOA2 during the second half of February. That would have given us March (and maybe April) for the embassy part of the process with the visa granted by then end of April. Then, I could bring her to me in May. That was the plan. Now, of course, who knows?

But, now there is a new problem. Should we just wait, or should I arrange for another visit? For us, this is not a trivial matter. To visit her in Uzbekistan, I need a visa which typically takes about two months to obtain. And, to obtain the visa I need evidence of paid round trip airfare. So, a tourist visa for me is not a trivial issue in terms of time and expense.

If we September folks are certain that it will not be until next September for our visa approval, then I would arrange for my next visit right now. But, there is no certainty. Murphy's Law (the most powerful force in the universe) would guarantee that NOA2 would occur once I pay for my airfare and tourist visa (unless, of course, I try to use this system as a way of speeding up the NOA2's arrival).

It's the any day now nature that complicates this. Do we wait, potentially a year or more, before we are together again? Or, do we plan for me to visit anyway?

Any of you face a similar quandary? What are you doing?

I/we are in the same situation. I was trying to visit every 3 months and just came back March 4. I wasn't planning on returning until the interview is scheduled. For now, I think my only choice is to sit and wait. I only have so much vacation time and resources to visit. Maybe if it takes too long I can have an extended stay and she can come back on the plane with me, just trying to look at the bright side.

Sure if the amount of time gets too crazy I will go back and visit regardless.

Journey so far:

09/14/2012: Sent I-129F Packet

09/21/2012: NOA1 Received

04/22/2013: NOA2 Notice of approval
05/08/2013 NVC Received

06/01/2013 Packet 3 Received

06/04/2013 Packet 3 Sent

06/10/2013 Packet 4 email received

06/27/2013 First Scheduled interview-cancelled (didn't get notarized paperwork in time)

08/12/2013 K-1 interview passed!

08/28/2013 Lili Arrives in the U.S.!!!

10/04/2013 Marriage!!!

03/26/2014 AOS Approved!

04/02/2014 Received GC

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and think of what could go right!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We went to the interview today...K1 Approved! I will fill in more information soon, but wanted to share the good news :)

Congratulations!!! :)

Congratulations as well!!! :)

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Is anyone out there tonight/today ;-) to tell me what the heck does the following mean?!?

"On March 26, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

The status of our case hasn't changed though :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is anyone out there tonight/today ;-) to tell me what the heck does the following mean?!?

"On March 26, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

The status of our case hasn't changed though :/

Did you file a change of address? If not, it's probably just a clerical error.

Perhaps it's really your NOA2?

Might be time for a call.

Edited by Jim-Michelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

have any September filers from CSC been approved??? Congrats to all those who have been approved! I imagine your joy is overflowing right now!!! :)

now if only CSC could speed things up:(

May 2010: Met Marcelo in Brazil.
August 2011: Revisited Marcelo in Brazil. Started dating =).
May 2012-August 2012: Another extended trip to Brazil to stay with Marcelo and his family.
October 25 2012: Sent I129F Petition.
October 31 2012: Received NOA1.
April 23, 2013: Received NOA2
June 11, 2013: K1 Visa Approved!!!!
_________________: The glorious arrival into the US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.