Jacque67

September 2012 filers

677 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Woah guys! Try to keep positive! Remember that not everyone applying for the visa is a member on visa journey, there will have been plenty of approvals that we don't know about. We've had a really good few weeks with lots of members approved and positive stories to read. Don't lose faith.

I'm pretty set on trying to do squeeze in another trip to see my fiancé...if things are tough then just do what you have to to try and better the waiting time. The time WILL pass. There's nothing we can do about the system an we can't assume to know what's going on, so why get add stress to the process getting caught up about it.

Personally, reading the posts of frustration only make me feel worse, I much prefer the messages of support from everyone going through the same process as me, and congratulating them when they hear news. So keep it positive guys! We'll get there! And we can all look forward to a summer of love in the USA :)

As much as I want to be optimistic, I can't. It's hard just to sit around and wait for them to take their time to process our petitions. This is ridiculously a long wait, we have to something about it, even a little if we join together and flood that service request then maybe they might notice that there are a lot of applicant being annoyed by this long wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we are september filer under vsc...had noa1 september 24th...we hope to hear by mid april or may..but when i checked our status on uscis website yesterday..it say we have RFE..oh boy i dread to know what we miss out on the docs...hope daddy will receive hard copy anytime this week..at least we know our case was touched!!good luck to all september filers!!keep our hopes high and stay positive!! Everything will come in God's perfect time!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Friends, have faith. I just talked to NVC and they have sent our package down to Bogota and assigned us a BGT#. Using that I've been able to schedule the interview and the end is in sight (*knock on wood*).

Since about a month in to the waiting I had been in contact with my Congressman's office. They reached out to USCIS to verify confirmation, and were told it was taking 5 months to process and couldn't do anything until then. The day it hit the 5 month mark, however, the Congressman's team was able to get the CSC to pull my file and assign it to an adjudicatory. A week and a half later, it was approved. A week after approval, the NVC received it and sent it on to the Embassy yesterday.

I believe my representative helped quite a bit in part because my fiancee's family will be in Utah for a religious gathering at the beginning of April and we wanted to try and get married while they were here since they wouldn't have a chance to attend otherwise. I know we aren't completely there yet, but with a bit more patience and prayer (definitely believe there has been some Divine Intervention helping us out!) I'm hopeful we will be able to get married while her family is here.

Moral of the story: things are moving and eventually you will get to the end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My USC fiance got NOA 2 hard copy on Thursday 14 March - a week after I got email

Now have to contact NVC to inform of change of embassy.

Any idea how long NVC process takes?

Good luck everyone -we are all getting closer to the finish line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1363211110[/url]' post='6044711']

All of these late(ish) September NOA2s have me refreshing the USCIS page just about every hour...am I alone?

I've resigned to not looking. Then just maybe I will be surprised one of these years! headbonk.gif

And I am an optimist.. LOL..... rofl.gif

1363483633[/url]' post='6052433']

My USC fiance got NOA 2 hard copy on Thursday 14 March - a week after I got email

Now have to contact NVC to inform of change of embassy.

Any idea how long NVC process takes?

Good luck everyone -we are all getting closer to the finish line

Check Igors timelines.. That will give you a good idea..

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I check it in every half an hour.... :wacko:

I used to check at least 5 times a day :lol:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Friends, have faith. I just talked to NVC and they have sent our package down to Bogota and assigned us a BGT#. Using that I've been able to schedule the interview and the end is in sight (*knock on wood*).

Since about a month in to the waiting I had been in contact with my Congressman's office. They reached out to USCIS to verify confirmation, and were told it was taking 5 months to process and couldn't do anything until then. The day it hit the 5 month mark, however, the Congressman's team was able to get the CSC to pull my file and assign it to an adjudicatory. A week and a half later, it was approved. A week after approval, the NVC received it and sent it on to the Embassy yesterday.

I believe my representative helped quite a bit in part because my fiancee's family will be in Utah for a religious gathering at the beginning of April and we wanted to try and get married while they were here since they wouldn't have a chance to attend otherwise. I know we aren't completely there yet, but with a bit more patience and prayer (definitely believe there has been some Divine Intervention helping us out!) I'm hopeful we will be able to get married while her family is here.

Moral of the story: things are moving and eventually you will get to the end.

What great news, Skyler and Silvia! I'm really happy for you, and I'm sure you will be able to celebrate a beautiful wedding with your fiancée's family, all together! And just a question, when did you had your NOA1 approved? Me and my fiancée have also plans for a wedding with my family going to the US (in mid-july), and I'm getting really nervous reading this forum day after day... But your news are optimistics, and I'm also wondering about asking my fiancée to write her representative in the House or Conrgressman. How long did it take for them to get back, after you asked for support?

Thank you very much!

:)

Our Timeline

USCIS / CSC

09/21/2012: Sent I-129F

09/27/2012: NOA1 Received

04/24/2013: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2013: NVC received

XX/XX/2013: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2013: Embassy received

XX/XX/2013: Medical

XX/XX/2013: Interview

XX/XX/2013: Visa in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Yeah, that's my latest freetime activity... :dance:

...and I wish I could say: I USED TO check it... :star:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I've resigned to not looking. Then just maybe I will be surprised one of these years! headbonk.gif

And I am an optimist.. LOL..... rofl.gif

That's the most sane way to go about it, I think! Hopefully any day now for you. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, that's my latest freetime activity... :dance:

...and I wish I could say: I USED TO check it... :star:

Your turn will come soon :yes:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.