Jacque67

September 2012 filers

677 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, they certainly aren't processed in chronological order LOL I wonder myself what is their system!

Not to be facetious but are we expecting too much? Timely, orderly, thoughtful process from a government entity.... :rofl: :rofl:

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CSC is processing *extremely* slowly right now, and they're processing petitions from July onwards still (and their priority date is still only July 18th), so the September ones you've seen are SUPER lucky and there appears to be no logic to why they've picked up those ones ahead of July and August submissions still pending.

You could get yours this week, or it could be another 2 months+ - it's impossible to say right now.

I just hope that they are not discriminating it by what country our Fiance(e) are coming from, it's not fare for all of us.

I just hope that they are not discriminating it by what country our Fiance(e) are coming from, it's not fare for all of us.

I've not seen any evidence that they're doing specific countries over others. They're just generally slow/random.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I read that each person gets a stack of files, and so they work through that. So I guess I can imagine that if you were at the top of a pile of September 5th petitions, for example, you get approved faster than someone at the bottom of a September 1st pile, as the workers just get through their own stack. Makes it totally random and annoying, but CSC do seem to be overly irratic at the moment...

Timeline

They already are almost at a dead stop. The way this is all handled is beyond frustrating. Why even have estimated times if they literally mean absolutely nothing. I was going to fly down end of March for my Fiances birthday. But I am in the "estimated" time, so we decided to hold off since I am flying down for the interview. Now it's looking like four or so months to go. Or is it? No one knows. We made a deal that if I hear nothing by end of April, I am coming down for three weeks to visit. Sick of waiting on an approval that may or may not happen tomorrow, or is it June? So stupid...

Timeline

They already are almost at a dead stop. The way this is all handled is beyond frustrating. Why even have estimated times if they literally mean absolutely nothing. I was going to fly down end of March for my Fiances birthday. But I am in the "estimated" time, so we decided to hold off since I am flying down for the interview. Now it's looking like four or so months to go. Or is it? No one knows. We made a deal that if I hear nothing by end of April, I am coming down for three weeks to visit. Sick of waiting on an approval that may or may not happen tomorrow, or is it June? So stupid...

I think they just really don't care, as long as they can collect our fees which is a hard earned money. Actually, I even went to USCIS local office here in Sacramento, CA and even the representative over there told me that I-129F is just a simple form for it to take that long to process. He was also puzzled about the long wait, even though they can't do anything about our case, if we flood our local office for follow up by requesting for an infopass, we might get noticed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First we got DACA, now we got sequestration. :wacko::crying:

Yes this process is not for the faint of hear.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

They are government workers. They have steady job and good benefits. They don't care the least bit about how long you're waiting. Even if once upon a time, when they first began doing this job, they were full of ideals and had a goal of "helping people," years of monotonous drudgery will eventually suck the out of them and make them despondent automatons.

But indulging in negativity won't help anyone. Plan your visits if you can and hang in there, guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woah guys! Try to keep positive! Remember that not everyone applying for the visa is a member on visa journey, there will have been plenty of approvals that we don't know about. We've had a really good few weeks with lots of members approved and positive stories to read. Don't lose faith.

I'm pretty set on trying to do squeeze in another trip to see my fiancé...if things are tough then just do what you have to to try and better the waiting time. The time WILL pass. There's nothing we can do about the system an we can't assume to know what's going on, so why get add stress to the process getting caught up about it.

Personally, reading the posts of frustration only make me feel worse, I much prefer the messages of support from everyone going through the same process as me, and congratulating them when they hear news. So keep it positive guys! We'll get there! And we can all look forward to a summer of love in the USA :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Woah guys! Try to keep positive! Remember that not everyone applying for the visa is a member on visa journey, there will have been plenty of approvals that we don't know about. We've had a really good few weeks with lots of members approved and positive stories to read. Don't lose faith.

This is what I tell myself on tougher days ;) I love to read positive stories too, but reading another post saying "Just hang in there" annoys me ;P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm pretty set on trying to do squeeze in another trip to see my fiancé...if things are tough then just do what you have to to try and better the waiting time. The time WILL pass. There's nothing we can do about the system an we can't assume to know what's going on, so why get add stress to the process getting caught up about it.

Personally, reading the posts of frustration only make me feel worse, I much prefer the messages of support from everyone going through the same process as me, and congratulating them when they hear news. So keep it positive guys! We'll get there! And we can all look forward to a summer of love in the USA :)

I totally agree with this. Each approval for someone else means that we're that much closer, so we should be excited for them. Also fretting over it too much takes away from the excitement of planning to be together and only causes negativity. Right now we just take each day as we always have, knowing that the approval will come. Of course I want her here as soon as possible, but there are also moments now to enjoy.

Sure I'll place my phone call sometime soon, and do some things to follow up when i can, but bashing my head against the wall isn't going to solve anything. Even a few weeks longer pales in comparison to having someone with you for the rest of your life.

Journey so far:

09/14/2012: Sent I-129F Packet

09/21/2012: NOA1 Received

04/22/2013: NOA2 Notice of approval
05/08/2013 NVC Received

06/01/2013 Packet 3 Received

06/04/2013 Packet 3 Sent

06/10/2013 Packet 4 email received

06/27/2013 First Scheduled interview-cancelled (didn't get notarized paperwork in time)

08/12/2013 K-1 interview passed!

08/28/2013 Lili Arrives in the U.S.!!!

10/04/2013 Marriage!!!

03/26/2014 AOS Approved!

04/02/2014 Received GC

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and think of what could go right!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.