Jacque67

September 2012 filers

677 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am Sept. 16th filer and was planning on flying to visit my fiance mid March. But I am also planning on flying down for the interview. Would it be worth it to hold off on visiting in March, or should I plan on the wait for NOA2 plus time for interview to be long enough that two trips aren't so bad. This sporadic approval makes in almost impossible to plan anything, I would love to visit but also don't want to turn around and fly straight back in a month. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am Sept. 16th filer and was planning on flying to visit my fiance mid March. But I am also planning on flying down for the interview. Would it be worth it to hold off on visiting in March, or should I plan on the wait for NOA2 plus time for interview to be long enough that two trips aren't so bad. This sporadic approval makes in almost impossible to plan anything, I would love to visit but also don't want to turn around and fly straight back in a month. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Well, Ant&Max my fiancee is coming down to Brazil to visit me. Our NOA1 is Sept 10th. I guess it's a risk but he'll come so we can have our engagement lunch with my family and spend a little time together after 8 months apart. Our tickets to US are bought already. He was able to find pretty good prices on January and he bought them a little bit more expensive coz we won't have to pay to change the dates. I wish all of us luck!

Regina&Jeremy

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

My fiancé called yesterday to find out some information (he was told to call in two weeks in the past days), now they told him:

I'd tell you we are behind processing K1; it'll be 6 months on March 5th since your NOA 1, but it might be another two months before you hear something about your petition :(

We planned to be together after May, get married and start our life together. Since I'm in Dominican Republic, we know even if we receive our NOA 2 in March as we were hoping, we wouldn't probably be together before June.

He is desperate and I'm depressed, the waiting and uncertainty is overwhelming. So, we just decided to keep our plan and withdraw or cancel the K1 petition and he is moving here instead.

Maybe in the future, when we have to think in the future of our kids if we get any, then we may try to deal with immigration again.

Good luck to all of you in your journey!

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;0/st/20120905/e/NOA+1/dt/2/k/d716/event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow...an extra two months past the 6 month mark would certainly depress me...I hope that doesn't happen for any of us.

Could you wait and see if your petition is on track before you cancel? Also there's nothing to stop him coming to be with you in DR until your petition goes through - that's what we would be doing if jobs allowed it.

I'm getting desperate too - but I know that we will go through this process at some point anyway. Don't rush to throw away the 5 months of waiting you've already done if you know you will start the process all over one day

Timeline

Let's here some more positive stories! Majority of posts are people waiting over 200 days, let have some faith that within a few months September people get approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Let's here some more positive stories! Majority of posts are people waiting over 200 days, let have some faith that within a few months September people get approved.

You said it!! Faith and patience.. Too many posts with neither. I know it is a long process and accept this..

BTW - Don't forget March 8 - International Women's Day.. Not something typically celebrated here in the US, BUT a huge day in Europe..

event.png event.png event.png

K1 VisaService Center : CaliforniaI-129f Sent : 08/30/2012I-129f NOA1 : 09/04/2012I-129f RFE(s) : NONEI-129f Reply(s) : NONEI-129f NOA2 : 04/17/2013 2:45 PM dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif NVC Received : 04/22/2013NVC Left : 04/25/2013. Holy Cow!!! NVC is Fast!!!Consulate Received (Kiev) : 04/29/2013 3:47 PM.. Packet 3 Received :Packet 3 Sent :Packet 4 Received :Medical Exam : 05/30/2013 - waiting on TB tests due to childhood TB. Sometime early August 2013. 08/06/2013 - word from clinic in Kiev.. TB results negative.. sending documentation to US Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Interview (I'm in Kiev) : 05/31/2013Visa Received :Back to Ukraine to get my girl:09/23/2013Arrival US:09/31/2013US Entry :10/1/2013Wedding :10/10/2013

Scott Oleson[url=http://olesonfamily.com/scott] Westminster, CO <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You said it!! Faith and patience.. Too many posts with neither. I know it is a long process and accept this..

BTW - Don't forget March 8 - International Women's Day.. Not something typically celebrated here in the US, BUT a huge day in Europe..

For sure! Big day in Brazil as well!!!

Regina&Jeremy

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

A memorable day in Hungary, too. :)

event.png

Timeline

My fiancé called yesterday to find out some information (he was told to call in two weeks in the past days), now they told him:

I'd tell you we are behind processing K1; it'll be 6 months on March 5th since your NOA 1, but it might be another two months before you hear something about your petition :(

We planned to be together after May, get married and start our life together. Since I'm in Dominican Republic, we know even if we receive our NOA 2 in March as we were hoping, we wouldn't probably be together before June.

He is desperate and I'm depressed, the waiting and uncertainty is overwhelming. So, we just decided to keep our plan and withdraw or cancel the K1 petition and he is moving here instead.

Maybe in the future, when we have to think in the future of our kids if we get any, then we may try to deal with immigration again.

Good luck to all of you in your journey!

Stay positive! It is rare that people get their NOA2 only after 8 months. It is still around 6-6,5 (without an RFE, or course). So don't worry. Who knows...maybe you will be one of the first approvals of September :) :) :)

event.png

Timeline

Hi guys.

I finally got my NOA2 today :dance: . I received my NOA1 September 1 and then two days ago I received an email saying that my Alien registration number was changed.

Goodluck September filers.

Timeline

Hi guys.

I finally got my NOA2 today :dance: . I received my NOA1 September 1 and then two days ago I received an email saying that my Alien registration number was changed.

Congratulations!!!!

I am so jealous of you :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi guys.

Congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.