C-ma'am

AOS, EAD & AP Checklist

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Alright! So it's my turn to file.

I've read the guides yes.gif especially Vanessa's. Guided by her post, I created a checklist customized for me. I simply added some details such as the translation of the Birth Certificates (so I wouldn't forget) or my husband's LES (to replace the employer's letter).

[sEE ATTACHMENT}

The only question I have about this whole set of paperwork is: Do I have to send a copy of my husband's bio passport page to present along with the taxes and Affidavit of Support? YES/NO?

Now, when it comes to the evidence I was thinking:

1 - Bank statement with both of our names on the account

2 - Lease in both of our names

3 - Health Insurance cards + a CVS prescription baggy with the info sticker that includes my name, our address, and the same health insurance number to match up with the cards (unless my husband remembers to print something out from the health insurance page showing both of our names headbonk.gif)

4 - Wedding pictures + pics with friends from random gatherings we've had

5 - The pool passes from our apartment complex. Each pass has our names and apartment information.

6 - Utility Bill in my name

7 - Electric Bill in his name

8 - Copies of wedding congratulations cards

9 - Doctor's bill with my name and our address

Do you think this is enough? YES/NO?

AOS - EAD & AP Checklists.pdf

Edited by Celeste & C

Alright! So it's my turn to file.

I've read the guides yes.gif especially Vanessa's. Guided by her post, I created a checklist customized for me. I simply added some details such as the translation of the Birth Certificates (so I wouldn't forget) or my husband's LES (to replace the employer's letter).

[sEE ATTACHMENT}

The only question I have about this whole set of paperwork is: Do I have to send a copy of my husband's bio passport page to present along with the taxes and Affidavit of Support? YES/NO?

Now, when it comes to the evidence I was thinking:

1 - Bank statement with both of our names on the account

2 - Lease in both of our names

3 - Health Insurance cards + a CVS prescription baggy with the info sticker that includes my name, our address, and the same health insurance number to match up with the cards (unless my husband remembers to print something out from the health insurance page showing both of our names headbonk.gif)

4 - Wedding pictures + pics with friends from random gatherings we've had

5 - The pool passes from our apartment complex. Each pass has our names and apartment information.

6 - Utility Bill in my name

7 - Electric Bill in his name

8 - Copies of wedding congratulations cards

9 - Doctor's bill with my name and our address

Do you think this is enough? YES/NO?

As for your evidence of bonafide relationship, i'd say you've got plenty and the right stuff too. I'm not sure about the bio passport page, I'm sure someone else will answer that for you.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

YES and YES. :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Good luck! :)

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your husband does not need to provide proof of citizenship with the I-864. They already have his proof. That is just for a joint sponsor.

You look completely prepared for sending the AOS forms and documents in and also for any evidence needed if you get an interview. :thumbs:

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Do you need all these for the application?- I was told by the USCIS and guides that these type of evidence needs to be provide at the interview NOT with the application. The application I-485 just need the Marriage application, license and certificate (my state provide all these) and the required forms ask. Joint bank accounts, health insurance, lease etc should be presented at the interview- I am confused now. I read the guide thoroughly and I did not see none of these.

MERIC

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Timeline

Your husband does not need to provide proof of citizenship with the I-864. They already have his proof. That is just for a joint sponsor.

You look completely prepared for sending the AOS forms and documents in and also for any evidence needed if you get an interview. :thumbs:

good.gif Great! Thanks Kay!

Timeline

Do you need all these for the application?- I was told by the USCIS and guides that these type of evidence needs to be provide at the interview NOT with the application. The application I-485 just need the Marriage application, license and certificate (my state provide all these) and the required forms ask. Joint bank accounts, health insurance, lease etc should be presented at the interview- I am confused now. I read the guide thoroughly and I did not see none of these.

MERIC

That is correct. The evidence is for the interview (if any). I just like taking precautionary measures for the future and I'm putting as many things together as I can think of (I'm a little special that way tongue.gifrofl.gif)

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Good luck, si man! :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That is correct. The evidence is for the interview (if any). I just like taking precautionary measures for the future and I'm putting as many things together as I can think of (I'm a little special that way tongue.gifrofl.gif)

You mean a little OCD? hahahahaha :innocent:

Day 0 08/21/2012 Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

Day 1 Received the next day via UPS

Day 6 08/27/2012 email and text for all 4

Day 10 08/31/12 NOA1 for all 4 and Biometric appointment for 09/21

Day 18 09/08/12 REF on I-485, waiting for the letter

Day 31 09/21/12 Biometrics done

Day 34 09/24/12 RFE hard copy for I-864

Day 51 10/11/12 RFE Response sent (about 30 days behind)

Day 55 10/15/12 RFE response review

Day 64 10/24/12 Online status changed to EAD/AP Card production

Day 72 11/01/12 EAD/AP Card arrived!!

Day 73 11/02/12 Interview SMS for December 3rd

Day 76 11/05/12 Applied for SSN and HARD COPY of Interview

Day 104 12/03/12 INTERVIEW DAY!!! 9 am Chicago, IL

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You should be fine. You have the makings of a good front-loaded AOS package. Are you trying to avoid the AOS interview altogether, and miss out on all of the fun? :lol: Have you given any thought to a drive-thru AOS interview? :rofl:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

You mean a little OCD? hahahahaha :innocent:

OCD? Me? Nahh you must be confusing me with someone else =P

You should be fine. You have the makings of a good front-loaded AOS package. Are you trying to avoid the AOS interview altogether, and miss out on all of the fun? :lol: Have you given any thought to a drive-thru AOS interview? :rofl:

Lol wouldn't that be awesome? Drive through AOS!

Yeah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.