P+J

Arranging delivery of passport

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance received her approval on Wednesday and we were wondering when we should expect Fedex to contact her if her address is not serviced for delivery. She lives in a village and severral weeks before the interview (when I used DHL) they held the documents at the closest center. I asked her if they mentioned anything about delivery being an issue when she paid and gave the information for her apartment in the village. They didn't mention anything to her about delivery being an issue... She has a receipt and I played around with the numbers in an attempt to see if tracking worked on the Fedex website. there was an 8 digit receipt number (i would imagine not for tracking just for records) but also another number she thought might be possible to use:

the other number was in this format:

XXX-XXXX-XXXX

Is that format consistent with a Fedex tracking number?

I've put it in the website for Fedex but no luck getting a record of it yet. and I don't even know if they would have it possible to track. She's about 8 hours south of Kiev.

Her mobile phone connection can be incosistent at times. When I shipped using DHL they did call her to arrange for delivery and I think it was done when the package had arrived to Kiev. But we were just worried a little bit that something could happen and they didn't get in contact with her. We were hoping to have POE before this month is over..But really just can't move forward at all until everything is in her hands...

Thanks for any help and suggestions that you guys can provide.

Edited by P+J

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

Couldn't you have made arrangement to just pick up the Visa in Kiev? I am hoping to do this for my girls visa. We will stay in Kiev for the few days it takes them to prepare it.

Yes. It is possible to just pick it up in Kiev. I think it's usually available in the Fedex office in Kiev in about 2 business days (however, I think it can require up to 5 days to process sometimes) We just didn't think it was necessary for her to stay if they are able to deliver it anywhere in Ukraine. We didn't have any problems with DHL as they contacted her when a package I sent arrived in Kiev from the states and then she traveled to the nearest service center. She did receive a receipt after paying for the delivery but I haven't been successful in tracking it. I'm just wondering if it's something they'll do when it departs from Fedex in Kiev or if she won't hear anything until early next week when it would arrive at the closest service center...

Edited by P+J

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

Does anyone know if they usually call the individual receiving the visa when it's in Kiev or do they wait until it arrives at the nearest service station? My fiance called but they said "it wasn't there yet." I'm guessing that she must have called the main Fedex hotline. Just concerned that there is no record yet..

Edited by P+J

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

If they are unable to deliver it to your fiance's address, I imagine that they will call her and let her know where to go to pick it up. Did she leave a good phone number with them?

That was the problem. she didn't leave a phone number with them. I guess they didn't ask for it...The embassy would have her contact information however. She does have a receipt from FedEx luckily. I think I will get in contact with the embassy to ask what they suggest. At the least they could tell me when it was issued and what service center to expect it at...This delivery has definitely become a serious hasssle. I would suggest anyone who doesn't have a fiance living in a deliverable location (village) to just tell them to hold it in Kiev. I'm sure we'll get this sorted out..but...I don't think it will be too pleasant.

Edited by P+J

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

I was able to get a copy of her delivery receipt. AND Thank god. she did include her mobile phone number on it. She thought I was asking about something else...But still no word yet..Hopefully something soon. I guess it's Elin Ltd. there. not even Fedex.

Edited by P+J

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

Since they have flipped over to the new system, I didn't think FedEX was in play anymore, but rather TNT? I would also like information on this if anyone has any. There are options online to select a Kiev pickup location, but the timing is an unknown - (1 day, 2 days, 3 days etc).

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-iv-documentdelivery.asp

If anyone goes for an interview after using the new system I would greatly appreciate you sharing your experience.

Thanks,

Robert

Edited by robert404

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.