Tough_Era

What's your opinion about Arabic??

330 posts in this topic

Since when does a simple question become such an issue that the claws have to come out? I'm not sure who pissed in your cheerios to feel that you need to attack.

My question was simple and straight forward; I am not being a grammar Nazi. Most education professionals that I know even in their day to day lives are fanatical about their own grammar and how their words are portrayed to the public. It's a matter of pride which made me think that the poster was a non native English speaker. That in itself is not an insult, after all aren't many if not a majority of the people on these boards’ non native English speakers? Why would that be offending?

Agreed. You did not post that to be curious. I just didn't see the need to ask it at all. Punctuation in a forum is not important imo.

The great philosopher Socrates said, "The

unexamined life is not worth living." This is

very true. But the unlived life is not worth

examining!

L82theGame and Tracy Lyn - that's enough of that.

I am done

examining!

Educating me on manners? I was nothing but polite to you. Pot meet the kettle.

I think you attacked me because of another post I was replying in but I cant prove that. Who knows. Anyway it's nice to meet you and yes I am a native speaker and teacher and in the process of getting my Masters degree. Hope our future encounters will not reflect this post or the prior one regarding someones marriage we were discussing in the other thread.

examining!

This is a great topic ! Have you had a chance or opportunity to discuss these issues with your Muallah or Imam at yer local mosque? What does he say about these things?

zagray, i wish everyone felt that way or spoke out about it. the problem is that many of us ignore the wrongs in the world and sit by and allow them to happen. but i dont think you can say all arabs are like that or even many arabs are like that. i think you should just say you dont like the muslims that don't follow the religion correctly. that way you arent making a generalization that isnt true???? what do you think?

examining!

guys speak on the topic, plz come back to the topic

i have twice spoken on the topic but the op doesnt respond :(

i am interested tho in his opinions

examining!

Hmmm. Well, my opinion about Arabic-- it's okay. I read like a five-year-old, and speak at a similar level of coherence. My opinion about Arabs is there are a lot of them. My opinion about Arabians is they have awfully nice manes. I imagine that is on topic.

love it

examining!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My feelings about Arabs? I don't think you can paint everyone with the same brush and it would be hard to generalize about a group of people. Also, I believe in the sovereignty of nations, so what goes on in other nations is not my concern or for me to pass judgement on.

Now, if we are talking about Arabs in other than Arab majority countries - I understand people wanting to retain their own culture and religious beliefs, but inflicting that on other people or trying to remove the free speech rights of others because they are offended by what is being said is not ok. I don't think this is so much a problem in America, but it certainly comes up in the UK. I also understand that this is not all Arabs, before I get jumped on about that.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

ok gr8 feedback on the topic now plz continue.

now why is it with arabic stuffs like Quran you have to read backwards? I never quite understood how that works. reading from right to left....

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

ok gr8 feedback on the topic now plz continue.

now why is it with arabic stuffs like Quran you have to read backwards? I never quite understood how that works. reading from right to left....

It's not "backwards" - right-to-left is reading "forward" when you are reading Arabic, Hebrew, Urdu, etc.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline
1352729554[/url]' post='5816971']

With out being fluent in it...but hearing it for over 20 years, it is a beautiful language. Written and spoken.

Yeah I totally agree with ya. I have learned a lot since 2008 and can pick up alot of what is being said now when hubby talks to his family. My daughter's friends and teachers are impressed with how much she knows about Islam and their culture. It's funny, but my daughter has actually had to correct the teacher in class on different subjects regarding morocco. I can't wait to take her to morocco next year so she can experience everything Mohammed has spoke to her about.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hmm...here is what I come to learn about Arabs. Only 20% of all Muslims are Arabs. My husband would like to reiterate the point that he is not ARAB-- he is Egyptian, from the continent of African. Arabs come from the Arabian Peninsula he says. :D

So how do I feel about Arabic? I love the language and its by far easier to learn than English except the speaking part because my mouth muscles really don't move in that particular way. I feel there are a lot more Arabic speakers than there are Arabs.

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

well we should make a thread here in MENA forums where you only speak in arabic and no other language? what you guys think? it would be a cool way to learn the language

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.