Tough_Era

What's your opinion about Arabic??

330 posts in this topic

Stop making sense Mithra!

I'm a fan of what's good for the goose being good for the gander too. In social situations etc, I've never been less than 100% assured that the behaviors my husband appreciates his wife not engaging in are behaviors that he would not engage in either, or think were totes ok for him to do. Two way street, and all that. How many other cliches can I throw into this mess of a post?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

So are you telling me she doesn't talk to American men lollllll come on seriously. It's called having conversation, at work, or whoever it may be. You need to get over that jealously thing once you get here.

Lol.... Ohhhhhhhhh the QUEEN word, I won't even go there with what women here think of that word. You may hear it later from others though and it isn't pretty.

Well hmmmm a woman who can't speak to men in mere conversation will get you no where in America sorry but it's true. Your gonna have issues for sure. My husband talks to women in a mere conversation just as your doing here with me. Is that fair that you can and she can't??????

She does talk to American men but herself she explains that she allows herself talking to them only about something important not even a mere conversation, there are men who would have desires towards a woman while pretending to have a mere conversation and i'm so thankful she is aware of that, she understands life, protecting a relationship purily is not ordinary.

I wouldn't allow myself to just chat with you, I & my Wife are grateful for all your tips and guidance, she knows that i'm talking to you and other VJ members men/women, and if you didn't tell me that you are a woman i wouldn't have asked who you are, but your help is what matter to my wife & me during this visa process.

Being the way my wife is doesn't mean she's trapped inside a shell, in fact, she did a lot of what ordinary women/girls do - partying,..etc , and by the way, I've never ever told her to not talk to men or hide her skin,etc...,

You said, "a woman who can't speak to men in mere conversation will get you no where in America" , i would agree with you if i were a deaf person, don't worry, she does speak to men but -as i said- only for important matters, maybe you had to help your husband, but i know many people who won the lottery (Diversity Visa) and they didn't need a person to get them Somewhere.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think sarayoubliss is against dealing with men in the capacity that most American women have to deal with men. It sounds like he doesn't want his wife to sit around with strange men shooting the sh!t over coffee or something similar. I don't think that's being controlling. What man wants his wife to hang out with strange men? I don't consider myself weak, meek or controlled but I don't hang out with strange men. I talk to men in the workplace, at stores or other similar circumstances but I don't socialize with men other than my husband, father or brothers. I have no desire to. When I was in Egypt I never went out alone, by choice. Perhaps sarayoubliss' fiancee doesn't want to go out alone in Morocco?

Excuse me, she is not my fiance, we are married it has been 2 years, my wife wants me to be with her and so do i, why would she want to go alone when she did come to be with me? If for some reasons she wants to be by herself i would for sure do what she wants, but i wouldn't let her be by herself in a bad place. I had to be going to school on Jan 2010 when she visited me, we were renting an apartment for privacy, she has never gone out by herself because she understood the facts, not because she is meek in case i were controlling.

Yes my wife wished it were calm here so she can take a walk by herself when i'm gone to school, she wouldn't at all grab a man from a cafe to keep her company! So, by choice, she never went out alone.

Filed: Timeline

Excuse me, she is not my fiance, we are married it has been 2 years, my wife wants me to be with her and so do i, why would she want to go alone when she did come to be with me? If for some reasons she wants to be by herself i would for sure do what she wants, but i wouldn't let her be by herself in a bad place. I had to be going to school on Jan 2010 when she visited me, we were renting an apartment for privacy, she has never gone out by herself because she understood the facts, not because she is meek in case i were controlling.

Yes my wife wished it were calm here so she can take a walk by herself when i'm gone to school, she wouldn't at all grab a man from a cafe to keep her company! So, by choice, she never went out alone.

I agree, And i think they won't be able to understand it no matter how hard you will explain it.. Cause they have to experience it.. hahaha

She does talk to American men but herself she explains that she allows herself talking to them only about something important not even a mere conversation, there are men who would have desires towards a woman while pretending to have a mere conversation and i'm so thankful she is aware of that, she understands life, protecting a relationship purily is not ordinary.

I wouldn't allow myself to just chat with you, I & my Wife are grateful for all your tips and guidance, she knows that i'm talking to you and other VJ members men/women, and if you didn't tell me that you are a woman i wouldn't have asked who you are, but your help is what matter to my wife & me during this visa process.

Being the way my wife is doesn't mean she's trapped inside a shell, in fact, she did a lot of what ordinary women/girls do - partying,..etc , and by the way, I've never ever told her to not talk to men or hide her skin,etc...,

You said, "a woman who can't speak to men in mere conversation will get you no where in America" , i would agree with you if i were a deaf person, don't worry, she does speak to men but -as i said- only for important matters, maybe you had to help your husband, but i know many people who won the lottery (Diversity Visa) and they didn't need a person to get them Somewhere.

Glad to hear this and glad you made it clear that she can socialize with other men in general. When Mohammed moved here, he was amazed how men/women hug each other (as friends of course). I believe the first month, my ex brother-in-law saw us in the grocery store and walked up and said hi xxxxxx how are you and greeted me with a friendly hug and said please introduce me to your soon to be husband. Mohammed asked why do people hug here when they greet each other? Growing up in Alabama, we are use to people stopping in your drive way asking for directions and then the next thing you know they are sitting on your front porch having a glass of sweet tea with you.

I am glad to have helped you and your wife via PM over the last few months and hopefully you shall be here soon and finally get to enjoy all the fun things to do here.

p.s.

that man that everyone keeps referring to in the coffee house that i spoke with, was a retired school teacher and very nice and never spoke to me in any distrustful manner. He spoke about his family here in America and showed me pictures of his grand kids. It's wasn't like a young dude flirting with me. Damn, cant a foreigner have a nice conversation with anyone in their home country without others thinking of something sexual.

Edited by foreverwaiting

I agree, And i think they won't be able to understand it no matter how hard you will explain it.. Cause they have to experience it.. hahaha

Hi zagray, good day. Have you heard if your interview has been moved up since the consulates has been closed and all interviews lately have been cancelled. With all hopes, your scheduled date of the 25th will still happen for ya.

Hi zagray, good day. Have you heard if your interview has been moved up since the consulates has been closed and all interviews lately have been cancelled. With all hopes, your scheduled date of the 25th will still happen for ya.

it has not been moved.. and if it moved or such that would be great too..

Well its getting closer and closer, is your fiance excited or nervous or both LOL....I mean, you could be here by November if all goes well.

not just fiancee who's excited but hundred of people in Washington state wants to come to my wedding hahaha.. they always ask when Zyzz will come. hahaha

not just fiancee who's excited but hundred of people in Washington state wants to come to my wedding hahaha.. they always ask when Zyzz will come. hahaha

So Zzzzz, with all the research you have done and all the conversations with your fiance, is there anything particular you want to do or see when you arrive here in the States?

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I apologize, sarayoubliss, sometimes I lose track of who is married and who is engaged here.

Zagray, I do understand it. Sexual harrassment/begging/stealing happens all the time in Egypt. This is the main reason why I didn't want to go out alone there. If I can prevent myself from being harrassed (in any way) why not prevent it?

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.