Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

Et tu, Kip? :crying:

Wait...didn't you mention that you do most of the cooking in your house?

When her mom comes to visit at the end of next summer that ####### is going to come to an end...at least for a while. When her mom saw I was doing most all the cooking in Belarus she jumped Kira's ####### big time and knowing her mom she's going to do the same when she gets here. B-)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ha! Mine too. Yulia's mom asked why I was making breakfast and dinner. She found out her SIL knows how to cook though. I do love the cooking she does though, and she makes a mean fried potato and bacon breakfast. I don't think I ever mentioned that I love real cream and whole milk, none of that skim stuff at our house! :P

Tbone, I have to laugh at every one of your posts. My hats off to your creativity.

Kip, I like your addition to the UK forum. Everyone seems to take everything so personal on here. Just offering your 2 cents. But we all help out when its needed.

Patrick and Yulia

My spouse isnt from Eastern Europe but I once watched a documentary where men bought contact information for Russian or Ukranian women. And they went to the said countries to meet hte women. Most of the women needed translators and didnt even speak English.

But you know, it was pretty cute :)

The women looked genuinely interested and had a lot of fun with the men. I think in the after story one of them married his wife and started the immigration process for her :)

I know my timeline sucks, but my husbands P.O.E was on January 7th, 2013!

Greencard in hand! After almost 4 years, WE DID IT!

Timeline

Its funny, the first thing everyone asks either one of us, even if they are RUB living here or over there was what web site we found eachother. We used to be a little offended, but hey we understand more now. We are pretty glad we met in person by chance though.

Patrick and Yulia

Ha! Mine too. Yulia's mom asked why I was making breakfast and dinner. She found out her SIL knows how to cook though. I do love the cooking she does though, and she makes a mean fried potato and bacon breakfast. I don't think I ever mentioned that I love real cream and whole milk, none of that skim stuff at our house! :P

Tbone, I have to laugh at every one of your posts. My hats off to your creativity.

Kip, I like your addition to the UK forum. Everyone seems to take everything so personal on here. Just offering your 2 cents. But we all help out when its needed.

The only reason I do most of the cooking is I have more time to do it. She flies out a lot for her work (she's on a two week trip now) and then she has her classes at night (dental hygienist). She can cook great but most of the time when she does it involves potatoes and pork...good food but I can only eat so much of the same thing over and over and over...

With the UK forum I knew what the reaction was going to be before I ever posted on that thread. :devil: The trick is to not make it too obvious while staying within the boundaries and still being able to set them off. Baiting on here can be a form of art if done correctly.

My spouse isnt from Eastern Europe but I once watched a documentary where men bought contact information for Russian or Ukranian women. And they went to the said countries to meet hte women. Most of the women needed translators and didnt even speak English.

The women looked genuinely interested and had a lot of fun with the men. I think in the after story one of them married his wife and started the immigration process for her :)

The language barrier is over rated imo. Nature has a way of taking it's course and if I had my druthers my wife would never speak a word of English...or any words at all for that matter. Unfortunately for me she spoke fluent English before I met her. :(

Its funny, the first thing everyone asks either one of us, even if they are RUB living here or over there was what web site we found eachother. We used to be a little offended, but hey we understand more now. We are pretty glad we met in person by chance though.

People can be too funny sometimes. I mean what's the difference if you met your wife on the internet, in a grocery store, church social, bar or at a strip club. The difference is that she's foreign and some Americans seem to have a problem with that due to all the stereotyping.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

With the UK forum I knew what the reaction was going to be before I ever posted on that thread. :devil: The trick is to not make it too obvious while staying within the boundaries and still being able to set them off. Baiting on here can be a form of art if done correctly.

I have to agree that in the aforementioned UK thread, it may have been a tad early for your...er...practical back-in-the-saddle suggestion. However, there is a fairly recent thread in OT that may interest you. :ph34r: I shall say no more.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I have to agree that in the aforementioned UK thread, it may have been a tad early for your...er...practical back-in-the-saddle suggestion. However, there is a fairly recent thread in OT that may interest you. :ph34r: I shall say no more.

Whoa that's a weird one eh? I mean the OP sounds like the American petitioner but then you have someone else posting on there that's with a Fillipine flag making it even weirder than it was to begin with. I'm going to stay away from that one. It's going to end up with god only knows how many pages of schmucks giving advice without knowing any of the proper details.

With that UK thread, I was bored one night, took a trip to the UK forum and that thread caught my eye. It went from the guy really anticipating her arrival to pure crazy. Then you have the typical UK posters on there offering their regrets, advice, pity, therapy, etc... it was more than I could stomach. That thread was begging me to post something on there.

If you read that thread and ones like it in other regional forums, then you read a thread where a guy got screwed over here in the RUB forum there is a total difference in mentality. There isn't any patting anyone on the back in here telling them everything is going to be ok and just take some healing time, etc.. barf, puke & please kill me now if I have to read anymore..blah blah... Here in the RUB forum it's more like; "Forget her she was a no good anyways. I know a few broads over in such and such Ukraine that will rock your world, etc..PM me." or something like; "Airfare is cheap atm and I know a few great clubs in such and such Belarus were you can meet loads of hot young chicks willing to rock your world, etc..." :lol:

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

When we first met, she had taken a few years of English in university, but she could communicate. Its amazing how quick she was able to pick it up. We wrote a lot of notes that first date in Polevskoy, memories...

I agree it doesnt matter as long as you are happy. The sterotypes are what hurts though. When someone thinks, wow you couldnt find someone here? she just liked me because I'm american and so forth. Its just nice to know its real. A strange thing we have found is that most RUB families we have met here in Nebraska say so many bad things about Russia or their old home. We love going back as much as we can, having her family come here, teaching our daughter and our future little boy (sometime this week or next) about her culture, history, family and language. Its crazy that even people from there will say, arent you glad to be out of there and living here?

The soups, peroshkis, potatoes, breads, pelmini... I would let her cook every night but I love to do for her too. Its fun to take care of her.

Patrick and Yulia

When we first met, she had taken a few years of English in university, but she could communicate. Its amazing how quick she was able to pick it up. We wrote a lot of notes that first date in Polevskoy, memories...

I agree it doesnt matter as long as you are happy. The sterotypes are what hurts though. When someone thinks, wow you couldnt find someone here? she just liked me because I'm american and so forth. Its just nice to know its real. A strange thing we have found is that most RUB families we have met here in Nebraska say so many bad things about Russia or their old home. We love going back as much as we can, having her family come here, teaching our daughter and our future little boy (sometime this week or next) about her culture, history, family and language. Its crazy that even people from there will say, arent you glad to be out of there and living here?

The soups, peroshkis, potatoes, breads, pelmini... I would let her cook every night but I love to do for her too. Its fun to take care of her.

The RUB people I have met here are split into two groups. The ones who would tattoo a map of Russia on their ####### along with a pic of the ROC Patriarch, and the ones who don't even want to visit Russia. It's like night and day. They have RUB people though in Nebraska? I mean I haven't been there in over 25 years but that's a trip. Are they a tight nit group or have they been Americanized?

I get hungry reading all those Russian foods you posted up there. Iv'e read about them but I haven't had the chance to eat much of it seeing how my wife only knows boiled potatoes, fried potatoes, potato pancakes and some kind of fried pork. :(

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

The fried pork sounds great, send me the recipe some time! We made so many pelmini this last new years my fingers still hurt! but they were great! I look up and try to make russian foods now and then. We still have a few cutlettas in the freezer her mom made, wow they are good!

There is a pretty big group in Lincoln. There is a really big influx of immigrants here from everywhere. From what I understand we take in a lot of refugees from certain areas. The RUB population is somewhere around 2500+ from what I have been told. We even have our own little eastern European store where we can get buckwheat! We met about 2 or 3 couples so far, our dentist married a woman from Moscow who was here studying to be a dentist also. So after baby is born we hope to meet a lot more. Its funny, we see them everywhere! Walking through sams club and my wife picks up the accent and language 3 aisles over and we meet a nice older couple from russia. At the zoo and again, a family of 5 in front of us. Everywhere. Its fun. I have heard there is a very tight nit group in a small town near Lincoln where they have a lot of kids in the school that only speak russian. I was surprised by that, but most are pretty cool I have met so far. not too americanized, but not too tight either. Every day is a learning experience.

Patrick and Yulia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
future little boy (sometime this week or next)
Congratulations, si man! Name to be Mini-Oliver, or Mini-PB?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When her mom comes to visit at the end of next summer that ####### is going to come to an end...at least for a while. When her mom saw I was doing most all the cooking in Belarus she jumped Kira's ####### big time and knowing her mom she's going to do the same when she gets here. B-)

I don't cook anything except Shashlik (which is a man's job). Tanya is a great cook but unfortunately my tastes are simple so I'm sure I miss out on a lot of her expertise in the kitchen.

I too have noticed the faint aromatic whiff of detente in the air here in this thread. Frightning...

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The RUB people I have met here are split into two groups. The ones who would tattoo a map of Russia on their ####### along with a pic of the ROC Patriarch, and the ones who don't even want to visit Russia.

While I am always up for a trip over there, my wife is definitely one of the ones that has no interest in visiting. Of course she misses her friends and a few family members, but they are welcome to visit, and they do! My wife says that if we are going to take a trip she wants to see something new and interesting, not go back to that dirty corrupt sh*t hole.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow to go back but had to cancel because of her expired passport. She wasn't upset about not going, just pissed about the passport issue.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

:wow:

:rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.