Stuart and Thea

Buying a Wife from the Ukraine

191 posts in this topic

Let's not be coy here. There's a group of gals, most of them with a UK flag...a few with the Canadian flag and one or two Aussies that hang in a pack and you being one of the ring leaders of said pack knows this only too well.

One of the ringleaders? I'm careful not to get involved in sh!itflinging for the most part. Are you confusing me with someone else? I know I've ribbed you about your MILILF, but that's about it. I'm actually a bit saddened by this.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

One of the ringleaders? I'm careful not to get involved in sh!itflinging for the most part. Are you confusing me with someone else? I know I've ribbed you about your MILILF, but that's about it. I'm actually a bit saddened by this.

You have always been decent with me but when you post it's usually always followed by a post from Tromphe...and she has a tongue like a knife (she at least post like it), and then the rest of the bunch follows aka Anita, Maven, Rebecca Joe, etc... It's like a female wolf pack.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

You have always been decent with me but when you post it's usually always followed by a post from Tromphe...and she has a tongue like a knife (she at least post like it), and then the rest of the bunch follows aka Anita, Maven, Rebecca Joe, etc... It's like a female wolf pack.

:lol: Well...I can see that. I know you've butted heads with those ladies, and they're my friends. I can't control when and what other people decide to post. It's possible that I tend to post in threads that are particularly noteworthy and perhaps edging on hysteria, and others are also more likely to post in those, but certainly not because of me. I'm really not that much of a trendsetter, although I appreciate the compliment.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Hey, I've played nice here!sad.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Hey, I've played nice here!sad.gif

Ya you have, even RJ made nice post recently. I hope it isn't a sign of the times. I mean the best threads in this regional forum is when all of us went at it. Thread bans, threads getting locked, flames galore...I'm going to miss that big time if this is what it comes down to...all of us being civil to each other. I know there's threads in here that went well over 15+ pages with most of the post being all out flames from both sides. Man that was fun! I lived for those threads. :yes:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can an organizer please move this thread to the UK forum. Thanks.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

Ya you have, even RJ made nice post recently. I hope it isn't a sign of the times. I mean the best threads in this regional forum is when all of us went at it. Thread bans, threads getting locked, flames galore...I'm going to miss that big time if this is what it comes down to...all of us being civil to each other. I know there's threads in here that went well over 15+ pages with most of the post being all out flames from both sides. Man that was fun! I lived for those threads. :yes:

VJ being what it is, you have little to fret about, I'm sure.

Now, I'm off to design a solar-powered testicle drainer. Harness the power of the Arizona sun! B-)

K-1

AOS

Now, I'm off to design a solar-powered testicle drainer. Harness the power of the Arizona sun! B-)

I have the oxygen powered version of that. It's called a "RUB wife". :D

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You will find a ready market for it in the UK, Canada, USA. The women will keep it in their kitchen between their microwave ovens and canned food.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You will find a ready market for it in the UK, Canada, USA. The women will keep it in their kitchen between their microwave ovens and canned food.

:yes:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Trying to paint RUB women with one brush and CABA women with another doesn't help anyone and has logical fallacies the size of Lake Baikal.

that's deep, man.

denied.

but in other news, the baiting needs to cease. i'm sure all know what happens to threads if it doesn't stop.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I have flown and sailed
Sailed... on THE si, man? :lol:
the baiting needs to cease
Si's, man. In before the lock with, uh, baited breath (hopefully not with abated breath, or I'd need CPR, wheeze man).

All together, now:

msmonkey7bx.jpg , man.

Definition for the Day:

Civil sturgeon, n. - a polite producer of healthy caviar, si man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you have any doubt that Stalin's intent was to reduce Ukraine to a region just read this blurb from Ukrainian history. This is not about an English grammar lesson, this is about changing the identity of a people.

Starting from the late 1920s, Ukraine was involved in the Soviet industrialisation and the republic's industrial output quadrupled during the 1930s.[51]

The industrialisation had a heavy cost for the peasantry, demographically a backbone of the Ukrainian nation. To satisfy the state's need for increased food supplies and to finance industrialisation, Stalin instituted a program of collectivisation of agriculture as the state combined the peasants' lands and animals into collective farms and enforced the policies by the regular troops and secret police.[51] Those who resisted were arrested and deported and the increased production quotas were placed on the peasantry. The collectivisation had a devastating effect on agricultural productivity. As the members of the collective farms were not allowed to receive any grain until sometimes unrealistic quotas were met, starvation in the Soviet Union became more common. In 1932–33, millions starved to death in a famine known as Holodomor or "Great Famine".[c] Scholars are divided as to whether this famine fits the definition of genocide, but the Ukrainian parliament and other countries recognise it as such.[c]

The famine claimed up to 10 million of Ukrainian lives as peasants' food stocks were forcibly removed by the Soviet government by the NKVD secret police. Some explanations for the causes for the excess deaths in rural areas of Ukraine and Kazakhstan during 1931–34 has been given by dividing the causes into three groups: objective non-policy-related factors, like the drought of 1931 and poor weather in 1932; inadvertent result of policies with other objectives, like rapid industrialization, socialization of livestock, and neglected crop rotation patterns; and deaths caused intentionally by a starvation policy. The Communist leadership perceived famine not as a humanitarian catastrophe but as a means of class struggle and used starvation as a punishment tool to force peasants into collective farms.[56] It was largely the same groups of individuals who were responsible for the mass killing operations during the civil war, collectivisation, and the Great Terror. These groups were associated with Efim Georgievich Evdokimov (1891–1939) and operated in Ukraine during the civil war, in the North Caucasus in the 1920s, and in the Secret Operational Division within General State Political Administration (OGPU) in 1929–31. Evdokimov transferred into Communist Party administration in 1934, when he became Party secretary for North Caucasus Krai. But he appears to have continued advising Joseph Stalin and Nikolai Yezhov on security matters, and the latter relied on Evdokimov's former colleagues to carry out the mass killing operations that are known as the Great Terror in 1937–38.[57]

With Joseph Stalin's change of course in the late 1920s, however, Moscow's toleration of Ukrainian national identity came to an end. Systematic state terror of the 1930s destroyed Ukraine's writers, artists, and intellectuals; the Communist Party of Ukraine was purged of its "nationalist deviationists". Two waves of Stalinist political repression and persecution in the Soviet Union (1929–34 and 1936–38) resulted in the killing of some 681,692 people; this included four-fifths of the Ukrainian cultural elite and three-quarters of all the Red Army's higher-ranking officers.[51]

I know the history. All I said was that I doubt that Stalin personally initiated the usage of the definite article in English in connection with Ukraine as you claimed. The number of Ukrainians he killed doesn't change that.

Edited by SMR

:yes:

Et tu, Kip? :crying:

Wait...didn't you mention that you do most of the cooking in your house?

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.