Randy21

Head sponsor out of the US

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

My mom is the head sponsor of me and is living and working in the Netherlands at the moment. She made my brother who lives in the US her Co-sponsor.

She just filled in a i864 for me and send it to be processed.

Will we get a problem with her being her in Holland?

If yes, what is the best thing to do?

Greets,

Randy

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The petitioner, your mother, must reside in the US. She must show she has a US residence now or will establish a US residence when you immigrate.

The purpose of family based immigration is to reunite families. The US will not grant you a visa to come live in the US because you would not be reunited in the US with your petitioner living abroad. Your petitioner must live in the US to justify the family reunification principle.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.