Laura_and_IanM

Interview on the 30th

9 posts in this topic

Hiya everyone! Ian and I are getting all the paperwork together for his interview on Monday. I am a bit confused about how to use Ian's assets for the affadavit of support. Also, because I haven't been working for the past two years apart from the job I have had since being here in the UK, would I be able to use that still as income, or should I even bother with it at all since Ian's assets amount to at least triple the amount required for all three years?? Also, since he has not transfered the funds yet into US dollars, but has already opened a bank account over in Buffalo NY so he can transfer the money fro,m his account over here to there, what should he have to prove this? Will a statement from the bank be enough?

Sorry for so many questions, but really want to know the best way around this. Thanks in advance.

LJ and Ian

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you filed your US taxes?

Capital has to be 10x the Income equivalent, not sure whether your numbers add up.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Have you filed your US taxes?

Capital has to be 10x the Income equivalent, not sure whether your numbers add up.

I have my tax transcripts for 2001-2004, but they were from when I was still married to my ex husband. As far as the 10x the Income equivalent, where do you see this at? If you read the affidavit of support, it says you have to show assets 3 times the amount. Which is equivalent to 3 years years. Our poverty guideline is for a family of 2 which is 16,500 a year. Ian's assets total to a little over $200,000 dollars. Surely that is enough? Plus he has annuities that will reach their maturity within 2 years that are an additional $45,000 dollars.

LJ

TIMELINE

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Timeline

I must have had a typo brain block with 10x, I meant 5x.

As they are his I assume 5x would be the case but it does not matter as either way you are over.

What about your tax return for last year?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

As they are his I assume 5x would be the case but it does not matter as either way you are over.

LOL jeesh boiler ...you trying to give me a heart attack?? pmsl. Also, they have changed it from 5x to 3x. It was in our packet 3. I haven't worked since 2004 so no taxes for last year. I am jsut gonna pray like I have never prayed before lol. TO THE VISA GODS!!!

Thanks ;)~

LJ

TIMELINE

Timeline

LOL jeesh boiler ...you trying to give me a heart attack?? pmsl. Also, they have changed it from 5x to 3x. It was in our packet 3. I haven't worked since 2004 so no taxes for last year. I am jsut gonna pray like I have never prayed before lol. TO THE VISA GODS!!!

Thanks ;)~

LJ

You need to be prepared to expalin why you have no filed taxes.

Actually you are good for 10x as well by the look of it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hiya everyone! Ian and I are getting all the paperwork together for his interview on Monday. I am a bit confused about how to use Ian's assets for the affadavit of support. Also, because I haven't been working for the past two years apart from the job I have had since being here in the UK, would I be able to use that still as income, or should I even bother with it at all since Ian's assets amount to at least triple the amount required for all three years?? Also, since he has not transfered the funds yet into US dollars, but has already opened a bank account over in Buffalo NY so he can transfer the money fro,m his account over here to there, what should he have to prove this? Will a statement from the bank be enough?

Sorry for so many questions, but really want to know the best way around this. Thanks in advance.

LJ and Ian

I don't understand--what's the question?

Your UK job doesn't 'count' on the I-864, but it counts in your totality of circumstances. Attach a letter explaining what you've been doing and what you plan on doing once in the US.

We lobbed a bunch of the UKC's assets on the I-864; the assets were kept in the UK.

I used photocopies of investment statements & copies of bank passbooks for the UK accounts. I used a print out from xe.com to make the pounds to dollar conversion.

You will need a letter explaining where your last 2 years' returns are.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

LJ and Ian

I don't understand--what's the question?

Your UK job doesn't 'count' on the I-864, but it counts in your totality of circumstances. Attach a letter explaining what you've been doing and what you plan on doing once in the US.

We lobbed a bunch of the UKC's assets on the I-864; the assets were kept in the UK.

I used photocopies of investment statements & copies of bank passbooks for the UK accounts. I used a print out from xe.com to make the pounds to dollar conversion.

You will need a letter explaining where your last 2 years' returns are.

Hiya Meauxna...we dont fill out the I-864. We fill out the I-134. Will that make a difference?

TIMELINE

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hiya Meauxna...we dont fill out the I-864. We fill out the I-134. Will that make a difference?

Yes, it will. Write your info on a form I-134 not I-864. :P

I think yoiu still need to document everything just as carefully. Add any evidence that London specifically asks for for a K case.

Best wishes for a great interview!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.