Love's JAA

Including document that says "Private and Confidential"

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As part of proof of having met within last two years, my beneficiary fiancee' gave me a copy of her payslip for the month that I was over in the country she is residing. Her payslip says "Private and Confidential". She works for a private chain of shops in Dubai. Does anyone think that I need to be concerned about this statement when I include my documentary evidence in the petition package - I mean will the US government care that it says that or should I omit such a document?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A copy of her pay slip does not prove that you've met in the last two years.

Passport stamps, boarding passes, photos, receipts are what is best.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

A copy of her pay slip does not prove that you've met in the last two years.

Passport stamps, boarding passes, photos, receipts are what is best.

I know that in itself is not evidence. I have copies of my stamps, boarding passes, and also photos. Since she is from Philippines and residing in Dubai and she doesn't have her boarding passes and her boss has her passport I am looking for other evidence to place her in Dubai at the same time as I. I have copies of her visa card, work card and her UAE identification card. I was using her monthly paystub to show that she was working during that month, thus in the country during the month my passport stamps shows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As part of proof of having met within last two years, my beneficiary fiancee' gave me a copy of her payslip for the month that I was over in the country she is residing. Her payslip says "Private and Confidential". She works for a private chain of shops in Dubai. Does anyone think that I need to be concerned about this statement when I include my documentary evidence in the petition package - I mean will the US government care that it says that or should I omit such a document?

Thanks!

No one will care. It is not proof of anything.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thanks!

Photos with both of you i them would show the two of you actually in the same place. Why can't she ask her boss to make a complete copy of every page in HER passport or give it back to her? Having her entry stamps would be much better proof than the paystubs. Does she have any type of receipts that show she paid for items in Dubai while you were in Dubai? If that is all you have to prove the two of you have met in the last two years, I would go back and meet her again and get photos and receipts from the two of you. The meeting within the last two years must be proved or the petition is dead.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Photos with both of you i them would show the two of you actually in the same place. Why can't she ask her boss to make a complete copy of every page in HER passport or give it back to her? Having her entry stamps would be much better proof than the paystubs. Does she have any type of receipts that show she paid for items in Dubai while you were in Dubai? If that is all you have to prove the two of you have met in the last two years, I would go back and meet her again and get photos and receipts from the two of you. The meeting within the last two years must be proved or the petition is dead.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanks for your reply. You don't think copies of three different United Arab Emirates IDs (work permit, residence visa card, and UAE Identity card) is good enough evidence? One of them has the issue date and expiration date readily apparent on it. The other two show expiration date. I also have a dated copy of her employment contract. As far as receipts, she doesn't have checking account or credit cards, so receipts would not indicate her personally. I will try to get page from her passport, but I know she hates going to the employer as they are always suspicious and not real nice to the employees in general.

its not part of the proof of having met in person but rather a part of the evidence of support and by the way the pay slip that is required is from the PETITIONER and NOT from the beneficiary. Good luck :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

if it's that difficult for her to get a copy of her passport when the time comes for her interview, will they even give it back to her for the interview? you can always send it in just in case. also don't most paycheck stubs say something like that? maybe as long as she's not employed in govt with a position that is sensitive.

Timeline

if it's that difficult for her to get a copy of her passport when the time comes for her interview, will they even give it back to her for the interview? you can always send it in just in case. also don't most paycheck stubs say something like that? maybe as long as she's not employed in govt with a position that is sensitive.

That is one of my concerns - her getting her passport back and getting the couple days off to go to the interview. But I am trying to take it one step at a time, and deal with whatever comes when that time comes.

Timeline

its not part of the proof of having met in person but rather a part of the evidence of support and by the way the pay slip that is required is from the PETITIONER and NOT from the beneficiary. Good luck :)

Sorry to confuse you. My intent is to include her Dubai, UAE identification cards along with her November, 2011 pay slip to show that she was there in November, 2011 when I was there - not to prove her income. I have copies of three different IDs she has to carry there (Work card, Visa card, National ID card), the pay summary, and a dated copy of her employment contract for the company over there in Dubai. I thought that would be good enough to show she is there. That is also where she would be interviewing.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's enough evidence. Make sure you attach a paper explaining what the paystubs are for just like what you explained over here so that the person processing your case wouldn't assume that you're using her paystub as evidence of financial support.

Sorry to confuse you. My intent is to include her Dubai, UAE identification cards along with her November, 2011 pay slip to show that she was there in November, 2011 when I was there - not to prove her income. I have copies of three different IDs she has to carry there (Work card, Visa card, National ID card), the pay summary, and a dated copy of her employment contract for the company over there in Dubai. I thought that would be good enough to show she is there. That is also where she would be interviewing.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Thanks!

i dont think that you need to send copy of payslip. You can just send pictures of you two together and to prove her residency you should send the copy of the visa page and Emirates ID. Thats what i did.

USCIS / CSC:

27/02/2012: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2012: NOA1

06/18/2012: NOA2 in email

06/23/2012: NOA2 in hand

NVC:

07/09/2012: NVC received

07/26/2012: Case number/IIN - wrong embassy..grrrr

07/26/2012: DS-3032 sent (Emailed)

07/30/2012: New Case number

07/30/2012: AOS bill

07/31/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

08/01/2012: AOS package sent

08/02/2012: AOS package delivered

08/02/2012: DS-3032 accepted

08/03/2012: IV bill

08/06/2012: IV bill shows PAID

08/06/2012: IV package sent0

8/07/2012: IV package delivered

08/14/2012: Case complete

09/14/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Abu Dhabi:

09/15/2012: Medical

10/02/2012: Interview *Result: AP*

12/31/2013: Visa in hand

03/19/2014: ELIS fee paid

03/20/2014: POE ABU DHABI / Chicago

IN USA:

04/03/2014: SSN applied

04/08/2014: SSN received

05/21/2014: Welcome letter received

05/22/2014: 10 years GC arrived in mail

Thanks for your reply. You don't think copies of three different United Arab Emirates IDs (work permit, residence visa card, and UAE Identity card) is good enough evidence? One of them has the issue date and expiration date readily apparent on it. The other two show expiration date. I also have a dated copy of her employment contract. As far as receipts, she doesn't have checking account or credit cards, so receipts would not indicate her personally. I will try to get page from her passport, but I know she hates going to the employer as they are always suspicious and not real nice to the employees in general.

No, IMHO it is not enough proof. She could have these documents and not actually be in the UAE. Even if you prove she was there and you were there at the same time, what other evidence do you have that you two actually met? Photos of the two of you together with this information WOULD be enough. You need to prove the two of you are in the same country at the same time. Then prove you are in the same city at the same time. Then the same location at the same time. So you need proof that has name and date and location that matches up. I used a photo of us in front of the White House for our first meeting. Then a photo of us at the Grand Caynon for the second meeting the next year and finally the Almaty TV Tower and a picture of us at Medeo in Kazakhstan as well as the visas with entry stamps. No question that we met in person. You should do the same. Let there be no doubt that the two of you have met in person wihin the last two years. This is one of the main requiremetns for the K-1 and if there is any doubt then you will be asked for more information and if you cannot prodcue that then your petition will be denied. It sounds like you do not have any phots of the two of you together. Even if you get her passport stamps to prove she is in the UAE at the same time as you were, how are you gong to prove the two of you actually met? She has no receipts. Do you have receipts that show any common location the two of you were at during your stay? So far your evidence show the two of you in the same country nothing shows the two of you having actually met. I am looking at this a bit more strictly since she is not a citizen of the UAE and I see a bit of grey when it comes to they two of you having met.

It really does not matter what I think, it is the person looking at your file you have to convience and some are more strict than others.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

No, IMHO it is not enough proof. She could have these documents and not actually be in the UAE. Even if you prove she was there and you were there at the same time, what other evidence do you have that you two actually met? Photos of the two of you together with this information WOULD be enough. You need to prove the two of you are in the same country at the same time. Then prove you are in the same city at the same time. Then the same location at the same time. So you need proof that has name and date and location that matches up. I used a photo of us in front of the White House for our first meeting. Then a photo of us at the Grand Caynon for the second meeting the next year and finally the Almaty TV Tower and a picture of us at Medeo in Kazakhstan as well as the visas with entry stamps. No question that we met in person. You should do the same. Let there be no doubt that the two of you have met in person wihin the last two years. This is one of the main requiremetns for the K-1 and if there is any doubt then you will be asked for more information and if you cannot prodcue that then your petition will be denied. It sounds like you do not have any phots of the two of you together. Even if you get her passport stamps to prove she is in the UAE at the same time as you were, how are you gong to prove the two of you actually met? She has no receipts. Do you have receipts that show any common location the two of you were at during your stay? So far your evidence show the two of you in the same country nothing shows the two of you having actually met. I am looking at this a bit more strictly since she is not a citizen of the UAE and I see a bit of grey when it comes to they two of you having met.

It really does not matter what I think, it is the person looking at your file you have to convience and some are more strict than others.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanks Dave. Yes we do have photographs. These are considered secondary evidence due to the ability to manipulate them with Photoshop, etc. But yeah, we have photos together in Dubai in front of the hotel where we stayed, the Dubai Mall, Burjuman Mall, Dubai World Trade Center, out in the desert, on a camel, etc. So do you think that's good enough, then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.