I AM NOT THAT GUY

Romney's Tax Returns are Safe

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Accounting firm: ‘No evidence’ Romney’s taxes have been hacked

WOODSTOCK, Vt.—The accounting firm that handled Mitt Romney's tax returns says it has no evidence hackers have gained access to the Republican nominee's financial records.

The Nashville City Paper reported late Tuesday that an anonymous user posted a message on the file-sharing website Pastebin claiming to have hacked into the network of a PricewaterhouseCoopers office in Franklin, Tenn., and gained access to Romney's old tax returns. The alleged hacker requested $1 million to keep the supposedly compromised records sealed—but suggested he or she would turn over the records to anyone willing to pony up that same amount.

The Tennessean reported Wednesday that the Williamson County GOP in Franklin received an anonymous package containing a flash drive claiming to include a copy of Romney's taxes. The sender asked for $1 million to keep the records quiet.

But in a statement issued Wednesday, PwC told reporters it had no evidence that its network had been accessed or that Romney's records had been tampered with.

"We're aware of the allegations that have been made about improper access to our systems," the firm said in a statement issued to the media. "We are working closely with the United States Secret Service, and at this time, there is no evidence that our systems have been compromised or that there was any unauthorized access to the data in question."

A Romney campaign spokeswoman declined to comment. But if the allegations are true, it will mark the second time this year the GOP presidential contender has had his personal information hacked.

In June, an individual contacted Gawker and claimed he or she had accessed Romney's personal Hotmail account—which immediately prompted a Secret Service investigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/accounting-firm-no-evidence-romney-taxes-hacked-232553914--election.html

Another national disaster averted! Hell of a job there, Bammy!

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How much you think a copy of that tax return is worth :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

probably about a decade in jail if one acquired it by hacking.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

probably about a decade in jail if one acquired it by hacking.

So then a prisoner would be the perfect person to hack it :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Obviously less than being elected president, else he would make them available to the American public.

But then, I don't think he can produce that which may very well not exist, IMHO.

i ask the same question about obama's school records. if there is nothing to hide, why hide it? right?

Absolutely. A major disappointment for all who believe Romney is different from Obama...

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

School record? ####### .... u want to see if he got an A in math or something? I want to see the real dirt that Romney is hiding.

It may just be he is not hiding anything. He may just be ashamed that while running for POTUS, all his income is derived from off-shore money, taken out of the country as a means to evade paying the same amount of taxes as the rest of us. I know I would be, were that my situation.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It may just be he is not hiding anything. He may just be ashamed that while running for POTUS, all his income is derived from off-shore money, taken out of the country as a means to evade paying the same amount of taxes as the rest of us. I know I would be, were that my situation.

Exactly!

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

:lol: Indeed.

Filed: Timeline

School record? ####### .... u want to see if he got an A in math or something? I want to see the real dirt that Romney is hiding.

no. i want to know how a self proclaimed pot-head that ditched class got thru an ivy league university. i'm betting that he enrolled as and took full advantage of lying about being a foreign exchange student. there is no dirt on romney. he followed the tax laws or the irs would have done something about it.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

i want to know how a self proclaimed pot-head that ditched class got thru an ivy league university.

Bush is no longer president, and his father bought his admission into the universities he allegedly attended, if you must know.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

He should follow tradition and make them public. NOT doing so just makes it worse. If there was no dirt, providing them would be a no brainer.