codythecolt

Do I make enough?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So, the point being made here is that a "better" statement would be that Manila processes co-sponsors for I-134 on a case by case basis and the petition may or may not be approved, regardless if the co-sponsor makes above the 125% threshold?

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Keep in mind the 8.75 per hour is based on 40 hours correct? Will there be over time? If not I suggest a small part time job to put you over the 125% so you have no worries. From what I read as you mentioned, Manila is a ####### shoot on accepting co-sponsors. Do your best to stay away and do it on your own. Good Luck!

Shawn

Filed: Timeline

So am I going off the 2 household list of $18.912? So it looks like im gonna be 712 dollars a year short from the the minimum? ERRRR :(

If you’re short you'll be fine if you have money in your bank. To able to make it you should x5 your savings from the amount you’re short. ($712 X 5 = $3560)

To use your asset you need to have that much money $3560. If you’re filing within 7months from right now start saving money $510/month. Good luck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you’re short you'll be fine if you have money in your bank. To able to make it you should x5 your savings from the amount you’re short. ($712 X 5 = $3560)

To use your asset you need to have that much money $3560. If you’re filing within 7months from right now start saving money $510/month. Good luck!!!

I'm currently staying at my granparents, just have the car payments and a few other bills, I estimate I should have around 9k by the time of her interview in the bank.

Wow thank all you guys so much for your quick responses. :) You guys are awesome

well, maybe ill have around 5k with plane tickets and visa fee's etc etc...

Edited by codythecolt

Timeline

I'm currently staying at my granparents, just have the car payments and a few other bills, I estimate I should have around 9k by the time of her interview in the bank.

Wow thank all you guys so much for your quick responses. :) You guys are awesome

It sounds like you have been prudent in saving money, so you have definately done well in that respect. I would just try to find a part time job as soon as possible. The more months you can show of steady additional income the better. This will insure you are over the poverty threshold. Also, the expenses are never ending regarding immigration and married life so having additional money saved certainly would not hurt. :lol:

"Historically" it has been case by case, it's the totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships for K-1 co-sponsor @USEM. Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases,"USEM" are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence. The mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge.

Unlike the I-864 filed by joint sponsors in immigrant visa cases, the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises.

Thank you also for your reply. "Historically," all visa petitions are reviewed on a "case-by-case" basis. Yes, all petitions are approved or denied based on the "totality of circumstances" regarding each petition. Please correct me if I am incorrect, but all "Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases,"USEM" (regardless of USE location) are "generally" (good word), expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become "primarily dependent," (more good words(, on the US Government for subsistence." Finally, again please correct me if I am not correct, but every legal document signed by the US citizen does become a "legally binding" document and does impose "legal obligations" on the co-sponsor / joint sponsor to make good his or her promises. If this is not true, according to your original statements, all of the documents I signed in order for my gal to get her gree-card are not "legally binding" on me, correct?

Again, thank you for your timely response.

Sid

"Please correct me if I am incorrect, but all "Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases,"USEM" (regardless of USE location) are "generally" (good word), expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become "primarily dependent," (more good words(, on the US Government for subsistence."

"Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases,"USEM" are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence".

Other then spinning what I said, it sounds the same.

"Finally, again please correct me if I am not correct, but every legal document signed by the US citizen does become a "legally binding" document and does impose "legal obligations" on the co-sponsor / joint sponsor to make good his or her promises"

" Unlike the I-864 the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises." Can you show documentation from the USEM showing it is?

"If this is not true, according to your original statements, all of the documents I signed in order for my gal to get her gree-card are not "legally binding" on me, correct?"

According to my original statement your documents, "gree- card" ( good word) Green Card, had nothing to do with (more good words) "submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors"

Your spin has been corrected, Sid.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Timeline

sorry but i want to make some correction for my statement instead of x5 it's actually ONLY x3 (for fiance)....i saw it on USCIS web :thumbs: which is much better for you :blush:

also, you could list your car as an asset as long that you have 2 (working good) cars :thumbs:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

sorry but i want to make some correction for my statement instead of x5 it's actually ONLY x3 (for fiance)....i saw it on USCIS web :thumbs: which is much better for you :blush:

also, you could list your car as an asset as long that you have 2 (working good) cars :thumbs:

Although a car ‘can’ be an asset, and converted to cash, the owner of the asset ‘car(s)’ must include a description of the asset, proof of ownership, and the basis for the owner's claim of its net cash value.I f the petitioner had to sell both car this may cause undue hardship or financial loss.

The consulate has discretion with an I-134, so they can choose whether or not to accept something as a qualifying asset. I’m not sure if the consulate would accept the cars as qualifying asset. Perhaps someone will chime in on that?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey, sorry for the extreme late reply here... where did you read about the assets thing on the USCIS website? I can't ... So you're saying, even tho i'm short of the 125% poverty level by lets say $1000.... as long as I have 3k in the bank I can use that as a asset and we're good to go? Am I understanding this correctly?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The "3 years asset value thing" is actually listed in the instructions for the I-864, USEM uses that number with the I-134 for the K-1 being that the I-864 will have to be filed once you are married anyway (totally logical). So yes, if you are only short $1,000 for the the guidlelines, having $3k in the bank would handle the shortage.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The "3 years asset value thing" is actually listed in the instructions for the I-864, USEM uses that number with the I-134 for the K-1 being that the I-864 will have to be filed once you are married anyway (totally logical). So yes, if you are only short $1,000 for the the guidlelines, having $3k in the bank would handle the shortage.

Wait... Isn't the I-864 only for the spouse visa? Or does that also work for the K-1 visa?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait... Isn't the I-864 only for the spouse visa? Or does that also work for the K-1 visa?

She WILL be your spouse within 90 days of arriving in the USA, right? Ok. So like I mentioned in the other post, you will be completing an I-864 shortly after arriving in the USA when you start the AOS process.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

When me and my wife were applying, my employer also made reference in her letter to the average monthly overtime I worked. I was able to show that on a consistent basis I far exceeded the monthly income just based on my flat pay. Not sure how that played into it all, but we were approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.