Pitaya

August 2012 AOS Filers

195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all August fillers...

I'm also waiting for my interview its been 6 months from now,

I have no EAD my hubby was not included to filled up that one

I'm bored and always waiting my green card...

Green card green card where you?...............

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting here. Ahmed has a job, so that makes it easier. The wait is somehow easier than K-, in the fact that we are together and married.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

its good to hear that i'm not the only one who has been waiting since august.. and the wait is killing me.. praying that by the end of this month i hear some good news,, my file is still in nbc, and says acceptance..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting here. Ahmed has a job, so that makes it easier. The wait is somehow easier than K-, in the fact that we are together and married.

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star: on the job

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello fellow August 2012 AOS filers,

Congratulations to those that have received their GCs. :star: Hang in there to those that are still slugging through the protected process. :thumbs: Hopefully, your AOS process will come to a swift and successful conclusion. :yes:

My family is quite thankful to have had our AOS processed so quickly. For sure, we didn't do anything special, or have anything to expedite. It was just the luck of the draw. We are now knitting together our family, and working on our American dream. The wife and son are in college, taking ESL and a full college load (respectively). We were able to get residency status for the son, that certainly helps the tuition budget. The wife is gearing up to take driving lessons. We are starting to talk about taking a vacation in late summer

We have no current ongoing dealings with USCIS, and that is certainly a blessing!! :dancing: We are collecting the joint account evidence, etc. We have calculated that our ROC process should start in August 2014. That stuff is on the back burner....

But for right now, we are enjoying our version of La Dolce Vita!! :D

Good luck and Happy trails.....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

My (me an my wife) AOS application and EAD were received by USCIS on August 13th, 2012.

Biometrics appointment was in mid September.

Received the EAD card on Nov. 2nd, 2012.

Have not heard a peep on the AOS since the NOA. The online status still shows in the 1st stage of ACCEPTANCE at the National Benefits Center location.

Next week it will have been 6months, at which time I guess I'll need to contact my local congressman to inquire.

Still waiting.

Made contact with my congressman yesterday to see if he can maybe help speed things up. We'll see...

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Any good news from fellow Aug 2012 AOS filers??? :blink:

Any good news from fellow Aug 2012 AOS filers??? :blink:

Not here...still checking the USCIS website every hour and the status still acceptance. I sent an e-request to them and they said my application is still pending adjudication. I am still hoping I'll have a good news before March ends.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow August 2012 AOS filers,

Congratulations to those that have received their GCs. :star: Hang in there to those that are still slugging through the protected process. :thumbs: Hopefully, your AOS process will come to a swift and successful conclusion. :yes:

My family is quite thankful to have had our AOS processed so quickly. For sure, we didn't do anything special, or have anything to expedite. It was just the luck of the draw. We are now knitting together our family, and working on our American dream. The wife and son are in college, taking ESL and a full college load (respectively). We were able to get residency status for the son, that certainly helps the tuition budget. The wife is gearing up to take driving lessons. We are starting to talk about taking a vacation in late summer

We have no current ongoing dealings with USCIS, and that is certainly a blessing!! :dancing: We are collecting the joint account evidence, etc. We have calculated that our ROC process should start in August 2014. That stuff is on the back burner....

But for right now, we are enjoying our version of La Dolce Vita!! :D

Good luck and Happy trails.....

You are fortunate to have gotten through the journey. We are also August filers, still no word but we did phone and since we are past time put in a request that it been followed up. The phone person said we should get a reply at least by April 8th.

The blessing through all this is this forum and the people who show their common support by posting. Thank you all.

Timeline

Not here...still checking the USCIS website every hour and the status still acceptance. I sent an e-request to them and they said my application is still pending adjudication. I am still hoping I'll have a good news before March ends.

:whistle: I can understand.

You are fortunate to have gotten through the journey. We are also August filers, still no word but we did phone and since we are past time put in a request that it been followed up. The phone person said we should get a reply at least by April 8th.

The blessing through all this is this forum and the people who show their common support by posting. Thank you all.

Hopefully you will get your AOS interviews soon.

I can only imagine how this time seems to be dragging on. Hang in there, it will come soon. After you get your 2-yr conditional GC, there is that wonderful twenty-one month reprieve from having to directly deal with USCIS, between AOS and ROC. That is so sweet.

After you get your GC, use the ROC calculator in my signature block to calculate your ROC time. USCIS doesn't send out any type of reminder notice, it is up to you. We are just living our lives. We collect anything that could be considered "marriage evidence" (joint bills, cards, etc.) in a shoe box. We will sort through it when our ROC submission time approaches.

Happy trails. :thumbs:

Edited by A&B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi All,

We filed in August and she got the combo card fairly quickly. Since then we left the country for two months and came back in, but still have heard nothing about interviews.

Looks like we're not the only ones in that boat, so I guess we just have to hang in there. Congratulations to everyone who got the green cards, it will be nice to take a break from all this paperwork!

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

We just had a service request put in, due to Ahmed's application being outside of the posted processing times for our local office, which is Hartford CT. We saw today the posted tomes jump form July 15, 2012 to September 16, 2012. His offical date is August 8, 2012, so yes it is more than a month past the times. The service rep said to give our local office 15 days to respond, and it could be by regular mail or email. We will keep everyone posted on the outcome. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We just had a service request put in, due to Ahmed's application being outside of the posted processing times for our local office, which is Hartford CT. We saw today the posted tomes jump form July 15, 2012 to September 16, 2012. His offical date is August 8, 2012, so yes it is more than a month past the times. The service rep said to give our local office 15 days to respond, and it could be by regular mail or email. We will keep everyone posted on the outcome. :)

Oh, that's interesting news! My local office is also Hartford, I'm a September filer. Keeping my fingers crossed that we both hear something soon! Please do keep us posted.

Timeline

:thumbs:

Oh, that's interesting news! My local office is also Hartford, I'm a September filer. Keeping my fingers crossed that we both hear something soon! Please do keep us posted.

:thumbs:

Good luck to both you. Hope that you hear some positive news soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.