Pitaya

August 2012 AOS Filers

195 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We got a response from a recent service request from our local field office: they are reviewing our case, expect something in 60-90 days.

Looks like we have to start thinking about renewing the combo card if we don't hear anything within a couple months - she got that in November, 2012.

Congratulations to those who got the green card! For the rest of us, hang in there! I wish we all had it already, but it's comforting to my wife and myself to know we are not alone.

Hey guys,

It sounds like you have been experiencing some good things and some frustrating things. Good thing that you were able to use the combo card with no issues. It sounds like soon you should likely have a positive ending in sight at the Philly USCIS. :thumbs: With the way things are going at USCIS, suggest that you start the combo card renewal process 90 days prior to expiration, better to be safe than sorry. There shouldn't be any charge associated with the combo card renewal. Take a look at the paperwork that came with the combo card for details.

All of us have come a long way, remember last year at this time? The current weather in Guangzhou is pretty much the same as last year, very hot and stifling. Glad that part of our immigration journey is behind us. yes.gif

Hang in there, your "vacation" from USCIS is happen soon!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks A&B for the encouragement. It's pretty hot and stifling here in Pennsylvania too!

We got a letter today from our Senator's office - we had asked they look into this delay. They received an e-mail back from USCIS based on their inquiry stating we are in line for an interview waiver pending a field office review. Oddly, it also states our case is still held at the NBC pending that review. I was under the impression our case had moved from NBC to the field office... but maybe that means just for a review.

That is news to us, but I suppose good enough news. It still doesn't answer, for me, why it's taking so long. If we don't need an interview then just give the green card, right?! It's officially 10 months today since they received our application.

Anybody else have news or are we the last now? lol

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

Timeline

Ever since the deluge of DACA applications, I suspect USCIS has literally been buried in paperwork and overwhelmed. As of May 13, 2013, USCIS has received over 500,000 DACA applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/DACA-13-6.pdf

As a consequence, ALL manner of immigration adjudications have been severely delayed, look at the reduced number of approvals all across the board, the transfer of files to other service centers trying to balance workloads, etc. Yes, that likely is reflected in the delays that you and countless others are currently experiencing with USCIS. Your wife does have her EAD/AP combo card, so she can work and travel. Keep in contact with your Senator's office.

Hopefully your wife will get her GC soon.

Edited by A&B

Filed: Timeline

We received this e-mail notification yesterday!

-------------------

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On June 29, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

-------------------

Finally, after a long wait! Best luck to other August filers out there!

Timeline

We received this e-mail notification yesterday!

-------------------

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On June 29, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

-------------------

Finally, after a long wait! Best luck to other August filers out there!

dancin5hr.gif Congratulations !!! dancin5hr.gif

Enjoy your 21-month "vacation" from USCIS. Check out the ROC date calculator at the bottom of our signature page for the next step.

timeline.gif It helps everyone that uses the forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Timeline

Congrats, glad to know it's still moving along!

2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-08-12 - Married

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

I've finally got a letter from my local office and asked for additional documents. They said they couldn't find my medical exam documents which I had handled over to the custom when I entered the US border with my K1 visa. As a result, I have to find a Civil Surgeon to redo everything I had done in UK before I came here. They also asked me to submit my husband's G325A and his two photos. I can't remember this is required for the AOS. My status on the web is still in Acceptance phase, listed in August 2012, they have recieved my AOS package...

Can't believe after waiting for over 10 months, they have just done the first step checking, and lost my documents!!

Well, anyway, at least they have started doing something on my case. I have to extend my EAD otherwise I can't countinue my current job. Not sure whether need to wait for another 10 months to get my Green Card. mad.gif

Timeline

As you well know, sometimes USCIS can be really flaky. Prior to the beginning of our AOS interview, I (USC) was asked by the IO to fill out a new G325-A, it was news to me. But I complied, with a hand-scribbled copy, certainly not as nice as the computer-generated one that I filed with the I-129F petition.

Go figure!

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

:dancing: Congrats !!! :dancing:

I was approved when I handed over my additional documents in my local office last Friday. They did appologise that they lost my medical files. So just wait for my Green Card in the mail now.

Timeline

:dancing:Congrats!!! :dancing:

:time: It helps everyone that uses the forum.

Enjoy your 21-month vacation from USCIS.

Ahmed is still waiting for his greencard to be approved. We were able to put in another service reuqest last night(first one in April, got the ball rolling in the fact that shortly after that, we got tyhe RFE). The person actually put in the request that Ahmed's work permit would be expiring soon(October), so we want to know what is going on. Getting ready to send in the extension forms for the work permit, travel authurization, but wanted to try one last time with USCIS. The last update to the file was June 6, saying they received the evendince and to give them 60 days(I know I mailed the eveidence well before that, but we know how the date can be and updates too). Hoping to hear some good news very soon.

Congrats to all who have been recently approved :)

Timeline

Our best wishes for a prompt and successful conclusion of your AOS saga. You certainly will have earned the 21-month "vacation from USCIS.

Hang in there. :thumbs:

P.S. Take a look a the bottom of our signature for the link to the ROC calculator...

Timeline

Hi everybody.

Well after 11 months of waiting... we received a Request for Evidence (RFE) reading, in part:

"A review of Form I-485 indicates that the applicant seeks to be classified as a Spouse of a United States Citizen (USC). However, you failed to submit evidence of your Spouse's status as a USC. Please submit evidence of your Spouse's status as a USC."

Of course, this is pretty easy for me, I will send in copies of my passport and birth certificate, but I'm still surprised as I thought we had been very thorough in our preparation. I see nothing in the I-485 instructions, or in Visa Journey's guide (which I know is only an aid, but I've found it to be very well done). Anybody have a clue about this? Or is this just an extra hoop, possibly because she won't have an interview (previous letter said that)?

Anyways, I am hopeful, as I've seen evidence in this forum, that as soon as they process this evidence they will issue the green card.

Good luck everybody.

edit: thought I might add: Online our application had not gone past 'acceptance' after 10.5 months. All of a sudden now it jumped from initial review to RFE. I really think they just opened this or something.

Edited by Larry_and_Xinji

2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-08-12 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.