August 2012 AOS Filers

195 posts in this topic

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi iam new to VJ, i have been following the august 2012 k1 AOS threads sincerely. Now ive finally decided to become a member. The latest email i got from USCIS is as follows "Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National

Benefits Center for processing." I got this on Aug 3rd 2012. Its a k1 based AOS case. Now my case is nearing the 10th month mark. Yes, iam very anxious and nervous. Anyone else in the same boat?.

We have the same NOA date (Aug 3, 2012). Mine was just approved last May this year without no knterview but they processed it from NBC Missouri. Just hold on there!

AOS

July 30, 2012 - Sent AOS Package

Aug 03, 2012 - Received NOA ( AOS, EAD, AP)

Aug 08, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter Appointment

Aug 17, 2012 - Received RFE Letter

Aug 24, 2012 - Biometrics at USCIS Charlotte

Sep 05, 2012 - USCIS received response to RFE

Oct 06, 2012 - EAD Card Production

Oct 15, 2012 - EAD/AP combo card on hand

May 07, 2013 - AOS approved

May 16, 2013 - Permanent Resident Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the reply. Congratulations!!..and yes i continue to wait.sad.png

Thatindian,

I'm an August filer as well and still waiting. You are not alone. On the good side, they are working on August at present so hopefully you should hear shortly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

thats good to know. Also I hear that since its taking over 9 months now, we might not have to go for an interview??...does anyone have any validations to that statement?...

Filed: Timeline

thats good to know. Also I hear that since its taking over 9 months now, we might not have to go for an interview??...does anyone have any validations to that statement?...

My mom's NOA is 8/6/12. People have said she's getting an interview and others said no. I think the people who work there are just as clueless as we are about NBC's new process.

Our NOA is 8/27/12 and we are being processed at NBC. 2nd RFE is in the mail now and should have it tomorrow. We are very frustrated but the end is near hopefully.

Alexi and Brent,

If your 2nd RFE is now in the mail is it right to assume that at least your file is being looked at and considered? If so, that is at least 'something'.

Thanks Elbear! We're happy it is getting looked at. Just surprised to get a second RFE. I am leaving overseas for my job next weekend so hopefully we can get the RFE sorted before I leave. Best of luck with you and hope you get approved soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys, sorry I ave absent for such a long time..

So my husband and I moved twice after applying for AOS, finally got an answer today via email. RFE :(.. i don;t know what it is yet, cause I don't have the letter physically, I am just nervous and afraid they have lost my papers.. I will keep you guys posted.

Congratulations to those that have been approved. I lost track of you all.

Cam & Ellie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We haven't forgotten our fellow August 2012 K-1 AOS filing buddies. We check in regularly. Hoping that everyone receives AOS approval soon. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you guys for the encouragement. We had sooo much going on moving from state to state. Finally settling now, hope the RFE wont be to difficult.

Keep you posted and look forward to get some help. Thanks

Cam & Ellie

Filed: Timeline

On Thursday it'll be 10 months since my mom's NOA was accepted. She's getting depressed and upset like a lot of people may be. She didn't apply for AP but wants to leave the country and come back later. However, her lawyer said she wouldn't be allowed back in. Are only some people eligible for AP?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think everyone can obtain AP but it is included in the price when you file your 1-485. If that was not done, then you can file later at your local office and they may charge you quite a bit.

When I filed AOS, it looked like most people were obtaining their interview within 4 months so I did not ask for AP.....little did I know! Thinking it would still be 'right around the corner', I've missed a family wedding, Christmas, Easter and opening the cabin in the north on May 24. "Still" I'm hopeful as now I'm getting near the 10th month....perhaps I should now file for AP and ignore that August filers 'may' get some notice within the next few weeks. My emotions have run the gamut before then even out yet again but this process is not easy on the psyche or affect. Most of us are coming up soon to 2 yrs since we filed for our K1's and then AOS and our lives have been on hold while we miss out on many things. I keep telling myself, just a wee bit longer and at least with being members of visajourney.com we are not in the dark without fellow travelers, so thank you, all of you who take time to tell your story and offer those like you encouragement. It will soon be over and we will be looking back shortly saying to ourselves ...remember when.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.