IMANCO

OCTOBER INTERVIEWS

884 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

CAN U IMAGINE " People on K1 who sent off their petitions the day my NOA2 was approved (on 29th of May) are currently being scheduled for interviews". This is despite the fact that i waited 5 months + for my NOA2. This is appalling. One of such people just got an interview date.

I dozed off last trying to call NVC. Just spoke to them now and they were aware that i missed the September window. They also confirmed that october interviews are currently being scheduled.

Yeah same old story........

but none here have gotten any date, if you call back again, you get a different answer that 'WE ARE WAITING FOR DATES FROM THE EMBASSY'

I waited for 7months 18days for NOA2, and i thought my nightmares are over, and NVC will be a breeze for me

THIS IS THE WORST NIGHTMARE FOR ME crying.gifcrying.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

It is sad that there are so many people here that are waiting at the NVC. Can you imagine all the others that are not members of VJ that are waiting also? I remember all the ones who went before us say how fast the rest of the process is after the NOA2, but I don't see it. Our NOA2 came on 5/29 and I've been waiting on an interview for 6 weeks and working on 7.

The only thing I can do is pray about it and leave it in God's hands; for whatever reason he is halting our process it is obviously what is best for us, we just don't know better! In the meantime, I have a full load of difficult classes to keep me busy and that will help to keep my mind free from dwelling on this wait!!

At least we know we are not alone, and we are all in the same spot (on this thread) to update ourselves if anything is to "pop off!" I will be sure to update everyone if I decide to call again, or if I receive that notorious email!! I called the NVC yesterday, but you should know they just read the same script to me just like they do to everyone else and didn't offer any information!! :blink:

Thanks for adding me to the list even though I've not been here lately!! :D

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is 33 of us now with no interviews....all for the same visa type across the board, not just one embassy. Something is definitely not right. Just wish the NVC would tell us the truth and give us an estimated date of when they might start scheduling interview dates. Two days into the NVC's notorious "second week of the month" speech, and still not one interview date among our forum. Very discouraging indeed! Think we should toss our list over to the September NVC forum and ask Saylin what does she think is going on and has anyone ever seen this happen in the past?

Saylin will not know....this is a new procedure.

Timeline

CAN U IMAGINE " People on K1 who sent off their petitions the day my NOA2 was approved (on 29th of May) are currently being scheduled for interviews". This is despite the fact that i waited 5 months + for my NOA2. This is appalling. One of such people just got an interview date.

I dozed off last trying to call NVC. Just spoke to them now and they were aware that i missed the September window. They also confirmed that october interviews are currently being scheduled.

I feel your pain...Can you imagine that someone doing a CR-1 with the same NOA1 date as me has long had their interview and their husband has been stateside for 2 months +/- I have no idea how they approve some in a flash and then others like me they drag their feet. I think it has to do with government workers. I think my file ended up on that lazy, unappreciative worker!! But that is how the cookie crumbles sometimes, I believe everything happens for a reason!! So we must wait!!

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

It is sad that there are so many people here that are waiting at the NVC. Can you imagine all the others that are not members of VJ that are waiting also? I remember all the ones who went before us say how fast the rest of the process is after the NOA2, but I don't see it. Our NOA2 came on 5/29 and I've been waiting on an interview for 6 weeks and working on 7.

The only thing I can do is pray about it and leave it in God's hands; for whatever reason he is halting our process it is obviously what is best for us, we just don't know better! In the meantime, I have a full load of difficult classes to keep me busy and that will help to keep my mind free from dwelling on this wait!!

At least we know we are not alone, and we are all in the same spot (on this thread) to update ourselves if anything is to "pop off!" I will be sure to update everyone if I decide to call again, or if I receive that notorious email!! I called the NVC yesterday, but you should know they just read the same script to me just like they do to everyone else and didn't offer any information!! :blink:

Thanks for adding me to the list even though I've not been here lately!! :D

You know I had to add my peeps to the list. If you can think of anyone else I've missed, or if anyone here wants to add someone you know also waiting on interview, add them or if you want me to inbox me member name, consulate and NVC case closed date. I'll be happy to add them for you.

Timeline

Just got off with NVC, they said as usual they have started scheduling interviews for all embassies and they will be scheduling interview dates up to 20th of this month........

God only you what is going on, but we trust you on this one that we will soon have our dates. innocent.gifinnocent.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

Just got off with NVC, they said as usual they have started scheduling interviews for all embassies and they will be scheduling interview dates up to 20th of this month........

God only you what is going on, but we trust you on this one that we will soon have our dates. innocent.gifinnocent.gif

Thanks for the update. But this is new information. I thot they only scheduled interviews on the second week. I mean 5 days in the second week, from my understanding of what you just said, they start scheduling in the second wee, and it could last up to 2 weeks? Am i right, cos 20th is next week Thursday.

Timeline

Thanks for the update. But this is new information. I thot they only scheduled interviews on the second week. I mean 5 days in the second week, from my understanding of what you just said, they start scheduling in the second wee, and it could last up to 2 weeks? Am i right, cos 20th is next week Thursday.

yeah the operator said they started this week and they will continue scheduling till the 20th which is next week thursday

FINGERS CROSSED

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

It's kind of funny...

when I got my NOA2 back in June....I thought this is "awesome". We will have interview by August.

Then it took 37 days to get case number...."ok, we will have interview by September".

Then we just sit at NVC...."ok, maybe we will have interview in October".

Now I am thinking...."I hope we get interview by November. :crying::crying:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You would get one in October. It seems unlikely that US Embassy in Manila won't be processing immigrant visas for October.

It's kind of funny...

when I got my NOA2 back in June....I thought this is "awesome". We will have interview by August.

Then it took 37 days to get case number...."ok, we will have interview by September".

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

It's kind of funny...

I'm still praying for October interview, even though last night I had a crazy dream. I got an email with the interview date from NVC....and we only had two days to make it to the interview date they assigned us! :rofl::rofl::rofl: that would sound about right, wouldn't it? It takes two days alone to get the medical completed in Nigeria, and you have to schedule that about a week or two in advance! Prayers folks, prayers!

Timeline

I'm still praying for October interview, even though last night I had a crazy dream. I got an email with the interview date from NVC....and we only had two days to make it to the interview date they assigned us! :rofl::rofl::rofl: that would sound about right, wouldn't it? It takes two days alone to get the medical completed in Nigeria, and you have to schedule that about a week or two in advance! Prayers folks, prayers!

[/qu

Hi Dana, so how does one schedule a medical in Nigeria. I am currently abroad. Can i call schedule from abroad.

Timeline

Hi Dana, so how does one schedule a medical in Nigeria. I am currently abroad. Can i call schedule from abroad.

You don't need to schedule your medical, just go to the hospital with your interview letter and passport pics, your passport and medical fees

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

You would get one in October. It seems unlikely that US Embassy in Manila won't be processing immigrant visas for October.

Yes...true, but could it be possible that there are more applicants than interview slots available...???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.