Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2012

984 posts in this topic

I also have error on the website!! Whoohoo for us! Lol

Yay for errors! laughing.gif

Timeline

Hey Deb, happy birthday! :)

'Jamaican Luv'

Yeh she said its sooner before the 10 business days but its goin on 2 wks for me. So either my case is just slow period of they dont like me. Lol.

'Jasontnyc'

Just got through to the NVC on the first ring :blink: but they confirmed nothing has gone out yet (ie no invoicing) Now on Day 12 so looks like the 10-20 business days is going to prove accurate.

I look at previous timelines (from a few months ago) with a 2 day difference with envy! :lol:

:( sorry about that but I guess that's why they say that so you don't get discouraged! That's what happened with my case number I was so sure I'd get it within a couple weeks and nothing until after the 20 business days had passed just like they said! :( but don't get discouraged hang in there!

Hope you get your interview date soon! The only two places you can call and inquire is NVC and DOS. Calling the embassy is pointless as they don't have your case yet and know nothing about you.

Perhaps Saylin will one day make one as she's a programmer (and currently in a Mobile Apps class as she types this) ;)

Yup exactly good.gif

Thanks, saylin! You should definitely make an app! Make it cost money and people will buy it to use it or just to support you!!

ALL IN FAVOR OF SAYLIN MAKING MONEY! ;)

Thanks guys :)

And people generally are informed via email when something gets invoiced right? I mean is email and quicker than obsessively checking payment portal?

Yes, e-mail usually comes shortly after it's in the portal. For me I always got the e-mails within 24 hours. But some people aren't so patient...ie..dwheels and I O:). Looking back if I had waited for the e-mail it would have been less obsession and not so much wasted time. So, just in case you can check casually but don't worry the e-mails do come quickly. :)

UGH IM SO EXCITED.... SENT THE PACKETS YESTERDAY... Should ship by tomorrow :dance:

So how long should it take for them to review???

Congrats!! For me it took about a week! I think less! So good luck!

Logging into the portal just gets me this:

post-126310-0-52220100-1346878954_thumb.pngCancel

good sign good sign! Expect your invoice soon!

Hello, Septemberites....sorry I was incommunicado for a bit, just got back from hubby's interview in Montreal....and he was approved! :thumbs: Even though he got a terrible case of stage fright and lost his tongue. He totally FORGOT our wedding date twice in a row. We had thoroughly prepared (I thought), but when the interviewer asked him if he'd ever had any problems crossing the border, he went off about how they had incinerated his souvenier cactus (that he bought while visiting, and despite the USDA approval stamp, Canadian customs felt it was threatening enough to throw it away)....now what they were asking, babe!

I'll post a full review shortly, but just one snippet for thought: the interview paper my husband received specifically stated that they did not need another copy of my proof of divorce as previously provided; however, at the interview, the second question that I was asked was for certificates of divorce. I am GLAD that I followed other's advice and brought copies of EVERYTHING with me, or it could have been a bad situation. Bring it all, baby!

Good luck to everyone! I'll post more as POE approaches.

thanks for the update and congratulations! Ugh! I'm so nervous about that kind of stuff too! But the important thing is that he passed and that's all that matters! :)

Congratulations! :) Time to celebrate!

I totally understand about the date thing. My husband could not remember the year we met, and I was despairing about it in the days before the interview. At the interview, that was one of the first questions. My husband answered correctly...but I was expecting him to answer incorrectly, so I poked him! He and the guy doing the interview both looked at me like "#######?" Boy, did I feel stupid. Of course now my husband enjoys pointing this out at every opportunity.

I totally agree with you about bringing copies. Bring it all, and if you don't need it, no harm done. If you do need it--you have it!

Awesome to hear your update too and congrats!

WE RECEIVED OUR IIN, BID#, AND CASE # JUST NOW!

Off to send off our opt in email :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

CONGRATS!

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's been a week since I got case number & IID but still no invoice yet. How long it takes to get invoice now?

It's running around 10 business days unfortunately

Timeline

USCIS

07/23/2012: I-130 Sent from Ireland

07/24/2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/27/2012: NOA1 E-mail

08/06/2012: NOA2 E-mail

08/07/2012: NOA1 (i-797 Rec'd Hard copy via snail mail)

NVC

08/10/2012: NVC received

08/24/2012: Case number/IIN

08/24/2012: DS-3032 sent (10 minutes after Case Number received ;) )

09/05/2012: DS-3032 accepted (via email although NVC later said they never received ?!?)

09/05/2012: Got the pre-invoicing error: "You cannot make online payments for your case at this time. Please contact the NVC if you have questions or need further information."

09/06/2012: AOS Bill paid

09/07/2012: AOS Bill Status Changed to "PAID"

09/10/2012: AOS Package sent

09/12/2012: Sent hardcopy of DS-3032

09/24/2012: IV Bill Invoiced

09/24/2012: IV Bill paid

09/25/2012: IV Bill Status Changed to "PAID"

09/25/2012: IV Package sent

10/04/2012: Case complete at NVC

10/12/2012: Interview scheduled (Interview Date: 12/17/2012)

Embassy

11/05/2012: Embassy received

11/13/2012: Medical

12/17/2012: Interview - Joint Sponsor Required to to my residency in Ireland

12/18/2012: I-864 Sent from US to Embassy

02/01/2013: Visa

04/22/2012: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello, Septemberites....sorry I was incommunicado for a bit, just got back from hubby's interview in Montreal....and he was approved! :thumbs: Even though he got a terrible case of stage fright and lost his tongue. He totally FORGOT our wedding date twice in a row. We had thoroughly prepared (I thought), but when the interviewer asked him if he'd ever had any problems crossing the border, he went off about how they had incinerated his souvenier cactus (that he bought while visiting, and despite the USDA approval stamp, Canadian customs felt it was threatening enough to throw it away)....now what they were asking, babe!

I'll post a full review shortly, but just one snippet for thought: the interview paper my husband received specifically stated that they did not need another copy of my proof of divorce as previously provided; however, at the interview, the second question that I was asked was for certificates of divorce. I am GLAD that I followed other's advice and brought copies of EVERYTHING with me, or it could have been a bad situation. Bring it all, baby!

Good luck to everyone! I'll post more as POE approaches.

Congrats kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yay for errors! laughing.gif

Yep! So im guessing might have it by friday. Then next week sometime i can send out I864 :) geeez... i would if thought itd be a lil faster then this tho. Oh well.

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Jamaica

I-130 Sent :2011-12-14

I-130 NOA1 :2011-12-16

I-130 RFE :2012-06-18

I-130 RFE Sent :2012-06-25

I-130 Approved :2012-08-06

NVC Received :2012-08-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :2012-09-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-09-06

Receive I-864 Package :2012-09-06

Return Completed I-864 :2012-09-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :2012-09-06

Receive IV Bill :2012-09-20

Pay IV Bill :2012-09-22

Case Completed at NVC :2012-10-04

Packet 4 Received :2012-10-12

Interview Date :2012-11-13

Interview Result :APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hello Saylin,

I am so happy that I got my case complete yesterday. Yay !!!!!!!!

Do you know if DS-2001(readiness for interview) needs to be send to US consulate for them to schedule an interview?

Thanks

So I called NVC today. Felt like my ears were going to bleed from those automated messages anyway when I was finally put through to Kelly, she kept saying to allow 20 business days for them to review the AOS/IV packets. Seriously? I've noticed people get through this stage in less time than that.

20 business days is like a curse.

hello Saylin,

Do you know if DS-2001(readiness for interview) needs to be send to US consulate for them to schedule an interview?

Thanks

Congrats to you :)

Still no AOS bill or DS3032 confirmation email for us. Sent it last Friday and Monday was obvi a holiday so there's only been 3 business days (including Friday) between us. Hoping we get invoiced SOON -- it would be a dream to have everything in and a day away from a "case closed" by my 9/15 birthday.

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[...]

Thanks, saylin! You should definitely make an app! Make it cost money and people will buy it to use it or just to support you!!

ALL IN FAVOR OF SAYLIN MAKING MONEY! ;)

[...]

I don't think VJ would let me make money of their site ;) (Even though I'd love to make some cash on the side)

hello Saylin,

Thanks

Grats on the CC!

As far as I know, DS-2001 is for K1 applicants. But it could be country-specific. You'd have to check your regional forum as well as the embassy site for your country.

Do they generally invoice after they receive the DS-3032?

NVC

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

I-601

Do they generally invoice after they receive the DS-3032?

IV or AOS?

IV or AOS?

Both together I guess -- two girls whose husbands are going/went through the same consulate mine is got their invoices together, shortly after their DS3032s were accepted.

NVC

I-601

Just got this in response to our email to the NVC:

"We are unable to add third party contact information to the case record at this time. Please continue to notify the NVC of any change in the petitioner's or principal applicant's address.

The NVC recently received this petition. The appropriate agent (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions for the further processing of this petition within 6 to 8 weeks."

So much for sending the DS3032 email early. wacko.gif

Both together I guess -- two girls whose husbands are going/went through the same consulate mine is got their invoices together, shortly after their DS3032s were accepted.

Well, the AOS track has nothing to do with the IV track (which the DS-3032 is a part of). The AOS gets invoiced whether or not the DS-3032 is sent. The IV invoice on the other hand is directly correlated with the DS-3032. No DS-3032, no IV invoice. Depending on when you send the DS-3032 and when it gets accepted, the IV invoice can end up being invoiced around the same time the AOS does.

Just got this in response to our email to the NVC:

"We are unable to add third party contact information to the case record at this time. Please continue to notify the NVC of any change in the petitioner's or principal applicant's address.

The NVC recently received this petition. The appropriate agent (applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions for the further processing of this petition within 6 to 8 weeks."

So much for sending the DS3032 email early. wacko.gif

Just re-send the DS-3032 email pronto ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

What day exactly was your case number assigned?

Keep in mind, it can take up to 2 weeks or so for an AOS to be invoiced. It's all dependent upon how busy NVC is. You can try calling up an operator and asking the status on it (but you'll likely be told the usual: "it can take 15-20 days, ma'am").

I called in NVC and got case number and IID on 8/27. Today is the 8th working days so it may come soon. I did call again yesterday and yes they told me it can take 10-20 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.