DaveE

Cincinatti Police chief on Open Carry of Firearns

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You don't see the apparent hypocrisy in making the RNC a gun free zone while having a stance that allowing law abiding citizens to open carry (or concealed carry) would prevent the types of mass shootings that have happened over the last several months?

Of course, you have to consider that these people are not normal "law abiding citizens"! They are republican convention goers! Their lack of good judgment is thus self-apparent and we certainly couldn't expect them to be able to carry weapons and have it actually make people MORE secure. It is remarkable that they seem to realize this themselves and thus they are not protesting! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timeline

We have the highest level of abuse of prescription narcotics and are a portal for drug importation, and have little crime

Really? Your statement is internally contradictory!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Really? Your statement is internally contradictory!

Vermont has one of the highest rate of abuse of oxycodone and other narcotic prescription drugs and very low crime. AND anyone can carry a concealed handgun. Please show where I am wrong. Either statement would be easy to disprove if it is wrong. We await.

Unless of course you count the "crime" of drug abuse and smuggling, most of which goes unreported or untreated as crime...hence the low statistical crime rate. However if you can show how a gun law will reduce oxycodone abuse...please do.

When I walk down the street perfectly safe in Burlington at 2am...I do not care if someone has Dr. shopped and defrauded medicare for oxycodone. You?

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
No what you do is draw attention to yourself like a neon sign. Your making your gun the focus of both good and bad attetion from everyone that can see you. What you look like standing by your jeep with your gun on your side is an a poorly trained attention hog, who is inviting all kinds of things he may not want to come his way. If you think a bunch of geeked up thugs armed to the teeth are going tuck and run when they see you in your pointy toed cowboy boots with your clock strapped to your side your nuts. Your going to get the first round between the eyes as soon as the draw their concealed weapon and you will never see it coming.

The idea is to blend in to your surroundings and surprise your opponent. Not stick out like neon sign...There is a reason Sky Marshals fly in plain clothes.

Obviously you're not very familiar with geeked up thugs. They're actually very practical people. Guy with gun = harder target than guy without gun. Pretty simple, really.

If a bunch of people armed to the teeth are hell bent on assaulting me it matters very little if I'm concealing or open carrying a pistol - I'm already outgunned. For a self-insinuated "master of tactics" you seem to miss quite a few points on armed confrontation.

The very best gun fight is the one you don't have to participate in.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Obviously you're not very familiar with geeked up thugs. They're actually very practical people. Guy with gun = harder target than guy without gun. Pretty simple, really.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's obvious your a Geeked up thugs expert. Practical people.. Really.... come on ???? Someone strung out on Meth is practical.. Did you really say that ?:bonk::bonk:

That statement makes it obvious you don't know about the subject your talking about. I am big 2nd amendment guy, but open carry in most circumstances is about ego and not safety. I am all for the right to do so, but it is a bad tactical choice. That is a fact. Maybe it makes you feel special or you like that feeling you get when people mistake you for a cop, but it is not smart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
it is a bad tactical choice. That is a fact.

Where are your figures coming from?

Sounds like you spend a lot of time on "tactical operator" websites. Got any real world data to back that up?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Where are your figures coming from?

Sounds like you spend a lot of time on "tactical operator" websites. Got any real world data to back that up?

I have never spent anytime on Tactical operator website and have no clue what it is. It's common sense . Open carry is a great way to exercise your rights, but a piss poor tactical decision.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I have never spent anytime on Tactical operator website and have no clue what it is. It's common sense . Open carry is a great way to exercise your rights, but a piss poor tactical decision.

I think if something like 1/4 of the population carried then open carry would be superior to conceal carry and the safety factor for the operator would be higher. Currently though even in pro firearm areas its probably something 1/50.

Basically until a larger percentage of people carry, conceal carry is superior and safer.

I think if something like 1/4 of the population carried then open carry would be superior to conceal carry and the safety factor for the operator would be higher. Currently though even in pro firearm areas its probably something 1/50.

Basically until a larger percentage of people carry, conceal carry is superior and safer.

Here is just one of several stories of people who open carry being robbed or having thier guns taken. It makes you a big target

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

Timeline

Unless of course you count the "crime" of drug abuse and smuggling, most of which goes unreported or untreated as crime...I do not care if someone has Dr. shopped and defrauded medicare for oxycodone. You?

I do, yes.