DaveE

Cincinatti Police chief on Open Carry of Firearns

55 posts in this topic

I believe this is the guy on the Phoenix University commecial.

"Many people worry when they see someone openly carrying a gun. Officers can expect to receive calls when this happens. But, openly carrying a firearm, by itself, is not illegal. The fact that someone has called 911 or flagged down an officer about seeing someone with a gun in public is probably not enough to support an investigative detention. In such situations, an officer must observe the subject and evaluate the totality of circumstances to determine whether reasonable suspicion exists to justify detaining the individual. If the individual is doing nothing else that arouses suspicion, simply wearing a gun will not justify a detention.

It is important to note, open carry by itself also would not support a charge of Disorderly Conduct or Inducing Panic. There must be additional facts to support these offenses. If someone is lawfully carrying a firearmand doing nothing else the fact that it causes alarm to others does not support a charge."

Memorandum for Officers.

Edited by DaveE

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's a gun ban within 7.4 mile radius of the Republican National Convention. Right wingers are blaming the Secret Service, but they're renting the place, just like it would be for a gun expo. So, why would the Secret Service have the final say? And if that's the fact, then where's the protesting by the Republicans attending the convention?

Filed: Timeline

oh wow. i just saw this on their website. quite a few people here would qualify if interested.

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Foreign Language Proficiency A one time recruitment bonus, 25 percent of basic annual pay, will be paid to newly hired special agents, who are identified as having a foreign language skill and can test at the S-3 level.

This level requires that the applicant be able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social and professional topics.

The recruitment bonus must be approved prior to the applicant's first day of employment and will be paid as a lump sum, upon successful completion of all required training and graduation from the U.S. Secret Service training program. The actual payment will depend on the availability of funds.

The Secret Service also has a Foreign Language Cash Award Program. This program pays a cash award of up to 5 percent of basic pay to any individual who possesses and makes substantial use of one or more foreign languages in the performance of official duties.

Newly hired special agents may be initially assigned, and reassigned during their career, to offices where a language skill best serves the needs of the Secret Service.

http://www.secretservice.gov/opportunities_agent.shtml

7yqZWFL.jpg

they gotta protect the republicans from the nutty left-wing america haters.

:rofl:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

yah, it works well in chicago & dc. need more proof? look @ mexico.

we both know the temp. ban is in place so they can hammer anyone thinking about getting stupid w/ additional federal charges.

You don't see the apparent hypocrisy in making the RNC a gun free zone while having a stance that allowing law abiding citizens to open carry (or concealed carry) would prevent the types of mass shootings that have happened over the last several months?

Knife meets gun at local lumber yard

By Dee Riggs

World staff writer

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WENATCHEE — A road rage incident came close to violence Monday afternoon when a knife-wielding man encountered a gun-toting man in the Lowe’s lumber yard.

“It was a road rage thing where one guy cuts another guy off in the parking lot,” said Sgt. John Kruse with the Wenatchee Police Department. The home improvement store is at 1200 Walla Walla Ave.

The incident happened about 3:45 p.m. when a vehicle driven by Robert E. Sutton, 43, of Wenatchee, cut off another motorist as the two vehicles were entering the lumber yard, Kruse said. One of two people in the vehicle that was cut off yelled at Sutton, saying he seemed to be in a hurry.

“Mr. Sutton responds by asking if they want to get cut up,” Kruse said. “He gets out of his car, pulls out a large folding knife and walks toward them in an aggressive and threatening manner.”

Sutton stopped when one of the people in the other vehicle pulled out a gun and pointed it at him, Kruse said.

Sutton was booked into the Chelan County Regional Justice Center on suspicion of second-degree assault.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/aug/14/knife-meets-gun-at-local-lumber-yard/

Edited by Fresh Nipple

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Timeline

You don't see the apparent hypocrisy in making the RNC a gun free zone while having a stance that allowing law abiding citizens to open carry (or concealed carry) would prevent the types of mass shootings that have happened over the last several months?

no. i see it as additional safety measures put in place by the secret service. the GOP didn't ask for the ban. they don't make security calls on assignments, the secret service administrators do.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

There's a gun ban within 7.4 mile radius of the Republican National Convention. Right wingers are blaming the Secret Service, but they're renting the place, just like it would be for a gun expo. So, why would the Secret Service have the final say? And if that's the fact, then where's the protesting by the Republicans attending the convention?

Link please - there is a weapons ban within 7.4 miles, but it cannot include a ban on guns. Tampa asked for an exemption, but the Governor said no.

"The ban on weapons doesn't include guns as state law prevents cities from regulating firearms. People with concealed weapons permits may lawfully carry concealed firearms in the parade route and public viewing area.

What the secret service did was turn away anyone with a firearm within the actual convention security area under their "protection of public official duties". There are not a lot of presidential nominees at gun Expo's as you call them.

My link, where is yours stating the firearms cannot be carried within 7.4 miles?

Event zones.

Edited by DaveE

Timeline

no. i see it as additional safety measures put in place by the secret service. the GOP didn't ask for the ban. they don't make security calls on assignments, the secret service administrators do.

That's what the RW blogosphere is claiming - that Secret Service made them do it, but that doesn't make sense if the RNC is a private venue. The Republicans would be complaining that they can't effectively protect themselves without their firearms, but there seems to be silence by the usually vocal pro-gun crowd. Something's wrong with this picture.

Edited by Commie Appeaser

Timeline

Link please - there is a weapons ban within 7.4 miles, but it cannot include a ban on guns. Tampa asked for an exemption, but the Governor said no.

"The ban on weapons doesn't include guns as state law prevents cities from regulating firearms. People with concealed weapons permits may lawfully carry concealed firearms in the parade route and public viewing area.

What the secret service did was turn away anyone with a firearm within the actual convention security area under their "protection of public official duties". There are not a lot of presidential nominees at gun Expo's as you call them.

My link, where is yours stating the firearms cannot be carried within 7.4 miles?

Event zones.

Guns have been banned inside the convention's security perimeter. You want to pick apart just how big that perimeter is? :lol: The point is - there's a gun ban at the RNC, in spite of what Gov. Rick Scott had claimed. The question is - who can supersede the authority of the governor of Florida if he said unequivocally that guns will be allowed at the RNC?

TAMPA — Saying he will not allow Tampa to disarm citizens throughout its downtown, Gov. Rick Scott shot down the city's request to ban concealed weapons outside theRepublican National Convention.

Mayor Bob Buckhorn asked Scott on Tuesday for an executive order authorizing the ban. In a two-page response dated the same day, Scott said no, that's too much.

Already, he said, the Secret Service will ban guns inside the convention's security perimeter.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/article1228001.ece