AugHem

Passport Renewal in Pune

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

My husband applied for his passport renewal in Pune Passport Office in May 2012. It has been 3 months and he still has not received the passport. When he went in person and inquired, they said that his application has been closed and he has to reapply. They refused to give the reason for closing the application with out issuing the passport. They actually did all the procedures and processing including police verification but now they refused to issue the passport.

Unfortunately, he has to reapply and we do not know how long this will take. I am still waiting to submit the renewal passport to NVC. Then only he will receive the interview date.

Did anyone experience the same issue or know why the case was closed even though everything was done correctly?

Please let me know and provide some advice. I am very upset that we waited 3 months just for renewal and now we have to start all over again.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Did he apply thru PSK Pune? Seems like very rare situation for your case.

If applied for renewal under Tatkal thru PSK, then it would take few days only to get new passport in hand.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Did he apply thru PSK Pune? Seems like very rare situation for your case.

If applied for renewal under Tatkal thru PSK, then it would take few days only to get new passport in hand.

Thanks for your reply. He tried to apply in Tatkal first in May but they refused to accept and asked him to apply in normal. It is supposed to take 45 days but it took 90 days just to close the case with out telling the reason. They even transferred his application to another passport office in Pune which handles only normal. Now they are asking him to reapply in the new passport office and told him that he can't apply in Tatkal service or any other location.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. He tried to apply in Tatkal first in May but they refused to accept and asked him to apply in normal. It is supposed to take 45 days but it took 90 days just to close the case with out telling the reason. They even transferred his application to another passport office in Pune which handles only normal. Now they are asking him to reapply in the new passport office and told him that he can't apply in Tatkal service or any other location.

Let me ask you few questions:

#1 - Is he changing the address in his passport?

#2 - Is his current passport expired or about to be expired?

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Let me ask you few questions:

#1 - Is he changing the address in his passport?

#2 - Is his current passport expired or about to be expired?

#1 - His original passport was from Chennai. He still has the Chennai address as permanent address and the Pune address as current address. They did the verification in Chennai Passport Office as well. It went through with no issues.

#2 - His current passport is not yet expired. It will be expire on Sep 24th. He applied for renewal because we found out that the passport has to be valid for atleast 6 months to receive his visa when he goes for the interview.

Thanks.

Timeline

#1 - His original passport was from Chennai. He still has the Chennai address as permanent address and the Pune address as current address. They did the verification in Chennai Passport Office as well. It went through with no issues.

#2 - His current passport is not yet expired. It will be expire on Sep 24th. He applied for renewal because we found out that the passport has to be valid for atleast 6 months to receive his visa when he goes for the interview.

Thanks.

Based on given info by you, they should make no hassle for him to grant the new passport. Did they tell him, why is he disqualified to apply thru Taktal mode? Did they tell him that he must have update his Pune address before he is able to renew his passport? If that is MUST condition by them, then he would need to provide 3 address proof, and all address proof should be at least 1 yr older. They have list of addresses that are accepted by PSK.

In Dec 2011, I applied for re-issue passport thru PSK Chennai, I had no difficulty to extend validity of passport, add spouse name, update Chennai address, replace damaged passport. I did it under Tatkal and it just took 2 days few hours to get passport in my hand.

As far as, I understand, Police verification is required if you are updating the address or making some major changes which require extended verification by Police Station.

One of my friend who was from Trichy, he told me he was able to renew his passport same day! He didnt experience any police verification.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Based on given info by you, they should make no hassle for him to grant the new passport. Did they tell him, why is he disqualified to apply thru Taktal mode? Did they tell him that he must have update his Pune address before he is able to renew his passport? If that is MUST condition by them, then he would need to provide 3 address proof, and all address proof should be at least 1 yr older. They have list of addresses that are accepted by PSK.

In Dec 2011, I applied for re-issue passport thru PSK Chennai, I had no difficulty to extend validity of passport, add spouse name, update Chennai address, replace damaged passport. I did it under Tatkal and it just took 2 days few hours to get passport in my hand.

As far as, I understand, Police verification is required if you are updating the address or making some major changes which require extended verification by Police Station.

One of my friend who was from Trichy, he told me he was able to renew his passport same day! He didnt experience any police verification.

Thanks again for your fast reply. They told him that they can't accept his application in tatkal due to high volume of applications. I don't think they told him to update his Pune address but he provided address proof with three completed personal particular forms. He added my name as spouse and provided the marriage certificate. Also when the police called him to the police office for verification, they asked him to provide more docs and he did that. They demanded more money to proceed the application process so he paid extra Rs. 3,000 to the police officer. Then they said everything is ok and they will come to his neighborhood for more verification. After few weeks, the online status showed that the police verification has been completed and the passport will be issued by Aug 11th. Then the status changed to "Your application has been closed. Please reapply using the previous application number or contact the PRO".

I think if it was Chennai, it would have been easier. Unfortunately, he has to apply in Pune because he has been living there for the past 4 years.

Timeline

Thanks again for your fast reply. They told him that they can't accept his application in tatkal due to high volume of applications. I don't think they told him to update his Pune address but he provided address proof with three completed personal particular forms. He added my name as spouse and provided the marriage certificate. Also when the police called him to the police office for verification, they asked him to provide more docs and he did that. They demanded more money to proceed the application process so he paid extra Rs. 3,000 to the police officer. Then they said everything is ok and they will come to his neighborhood for more verification. After few weeks, the online status showed that the police verification has been completed and the passport will be issued by Aug 11th. Then the status changed to "Your application has been closed. Please reapply using the previous application number or contact the PRO".

I think if it was Chennai, it would have been easier. Unfortunately, he has to apply in Pune because he has been living there for the past 4 years.

I can't believe that those police guys ripped him off with Rs 3000 INR. That is really too much. Your hubby shouldn't pay him more than 1k.

Whatever happened, that can't be undo. Anyways, lets go ahead with future:

I would say - re-apply for passport under Taktal again. Dont care what they say to your husband, but let him make sure that he has urgency and he needs it right away. He really needs to speak BOLD in this matter.

Go to this site: http://passportindia.gov.in

Fill your application under Taktal, and book an appointment. Since he is going to show his Pune address as his current address, then he is updating his address. He must have to provide required 3 address proof ( as per their list requirement ). Bring all proof, and go to PSK , then your husband should be getting his passport granted.

Please note, it all depend up to granting officer. Taktal means - EMERGENCY. Means he needs it right away. He is paying Rs 2500 INR for Taktal , so they must have to provide it ( no matter what ). Don't take words! put pressure on them, show your emergency. That is it.

I dont see why Taktal would take time. All they have to print the passport, as Police verification would be POST verification.

In my case, I applied for passport on Dec 12, and they printed the passport same day.

Please give a strong try now! I pray it works out for you guys! Be strong! Dont take their words! Granting officer is only one who has right to make decision for your application.

P.S. - In case if your hubby is having hard time to get an appointment online, then call to PSK customer care, and ask them, which of their office in Pune would allow to go without appointment? As he has emergency to get his passport re-issued right away.

You don't have to accept what they say. You have to make the things happen the way you want! I know it looks hard, but you have to try harder.

Good luck!

Edited by iwaiting

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

I can't believe that those police guys ripped him off with Rs 3000 INR. That is really too much. Your hubby shouldn't pay him more than 1k.

Whatever happened, that can't be undo. Anyways, lets go ahead with future:

I would say - re-apply for passport under Taktal again. Dont care what they say to your husband, but let him make sure that he has urgency and he needs it right away. He really needs to speak BOLD in this matter.

Go to this site: http://passportindia.gov.in

Fill your application under Taktal, and book an appointment. Since he is going to show his Pune address as his current address, then he is updating his address. He must have to provide required 3 address proof ( as per their list requirement ). Bring all proof, and go to PSK , then your husband should be getting his passport granted.

Please note, it all depend up to granting officer. Taktal means - EMERGENCY. Means he needs it right away. He is paying Rs 2500 INR for Taktal , so they must have to provide it ( no matter what ). Don't take words! put pressure on them, show your emergency. That is it.

I dont see why Taktal would take time. All they have to print the passport, as Police verification would be POST verification.

In my case, I applied for passport on Dec 12, and they printed the passport same day.

Please give a strong try now! I pray it works out for you guys! Be strong! Dont take their words! Granting officer is only one who has right to make decision for your application.

P.S. - In case if your hubby is having hard time to get an appointment online, then call to PSK customer care, and ask them, which of their office in Pune would allow to go without appointment? As he has emergency to get his passport re-issued right away.

You don't have to accept what they say. You have to make the things happen the way you want! I know it looks hard, but you have to try harder.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your advice and guidance. I really appreciate it.

Timeline

Thank you very much for your advice and guidance. I really appreciate it.

One more question - The passport office told him to wait for a letter (takes 10-15 days) to reapply. Will they accept the application if he reapplies without the letter? They told him that he needs to mention the previous application number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.