148 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How certain are you that VAWA was activated and GC was received?

It's all hearsay at this point, IMHO.

ok, let me clarify........when he first left (for the last time) and I saw that he was really gone for good...I cried on the shoulders of some friends, several of which were Nigerians themselves. They suggested that the only way this guy could attempt to stay WITHOUT having gone thru any AOS with me after our marriage and ALSO based on things they know about the 'doings' of some of their countryment..they told me he PROBABLY wsa going to try the VAWA escape. NOW, years later....I have found out CERTAINLY that that is what he did. I found out because he friended someone on facebook that he did not know knew me and after 2 days of talking to her and professing his undying love for her, she felt she could press everything out of him and she found out EVERYTHING! HE has a greencard, he accused me of kicking him out, putting him on the streets, etc. He told her that is GC is good for like 10 years, but that he can apply for citizenship in 3.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one member's access to this thread removed for consistently trying to hijack the topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok, let me clarify........when he first left (for the last time) and I saw that he was really gone for good...I cried on the shoulders of some friends, several of which were Nigerians themselves. They suggested that the only way this guy could attempt to stay WITHOUT having gone thru any AOS with me after our marriage and ALSO based on things they know about the 'doings' of some of their countryment..they told me he PROBABLY wsa going to try the VAWA escape. NOW, years later....I have found out CERTAINLY that that is what he did. I found out because he friended someone on facebook that he did not know knew me and after 2 days of talking to her and professing his undying love for her, she felt she could press everything out of him and she found out EVERYTHING! HE has a greencard, he accused me of kicking him out, putting him on the streets, etc. He told her that is GC is good for like 10 years, but that he can apply for citizenship in 3.

Still speculative at best. You, nor she, have physically seen a green card. And, he could be staying here illegally. Many do.

I doubt very seriously that if he were trying to "court" this female he would have said, "Hi, nice to meet you and I am here illegally".whistling.gif

Don't you think???

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

As for me being in any possible legal trouble. I highly doubt it. 1. I am in Ghana, but I go back and forth every few months. 2. Recently while in the States, I was pulled over for having a broken headlight. They took my DL and registration and ran my name, so Im sure if I was in any trouble, it would've come up. The things he told the girl on facebook, is probably the same things he told Immigration...which is so infuriating because none of it is true and I just dont understand our country would have something in place where BOTH parties are not allowed to speak!! He said that I through him out of the house. (never happened, in fact I cried and begged for him to stay...as pathetic as that makes me sound, its tru). He said that months went by and I would not file AOS..ummmm...yeah, well, we didnt have the friggin money to do that cuz i spent all my savings on supporting him for 2 years by sending money to NIgeria thru western union weekly, going to Nigeria, filing the petition, paying for his visa, medical exams and to top it off, his plane ticket to come to the USA!! So yeah, i was kind of broke. And that's not to mention that he LEFT every other month too! he also said that I put the electric bill and cable bill in his name without him giving me permission to do so. WHILE WE WERE LIVING TOGETHER> this guy is really sick, im telling you. Its almost laughable. He also told them that I was getting medical thru the state and that I never reported to them that I was married. YES, that was true. My job didnt offer it and I was getting it thru the state for me and my kids. And the ONLY reason I did not report that I was married cuz I was afraid that it would affect his status somehow, meaning that I was the one who was sponsoring him, yet getting medical thru the state so I was afraid FOR HIM. and he knew that..but funny it got used against me to suit his needs. So yeah, these were the type of BS things he said about me, and mostly im sure all his friends helped him with the story evne though I did not know a single one of them.

Timeline

Still speculative at best. You, nor she, have physically seen a green card. And, he could be staying here illegally. Many do.

I doubt very seriously that if he were trying to "court" this female he would have said, "Hi, nice to meet you and I am here illegally".whistling.gif

Don't you think???

the conversation did not go like that at all...he is not the sharpest tool in the drawer and his ####### does most of his thinking. and he got pushed to the wall thinking he was going to get the love from her that he was looking for , so she got him to talk about everything. 'cuz she wanted an honest, open guy"..HA! he also is working for a company, which he told the name of and has been confirmed and they wud NOT hire a worker without papers. HE has his greencard, and he got thru the VAWA #######. THIS I wud bet my life on. there is no doubt about it at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Sorry about your situation, I feel your pain. I have always believed in Karma, and it will get him one day. As others have already suggested, he needs all of evidence to prove VAWA. So my guess is he may have forged your signature on various documents, borrow money from friends and file for AOS, or he is simply living in USA illegally. I know you are in a lot of pain now, because I have been there before, but trust me time will heal all your wounds.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

He did file the VAWA thing. that is the only way he could've stayed without doing the process with me. He just conveniently waited til we married to start all the BS. HE told them things like I kicked him out, etc etc. Which is sooo soo untrue. And why would immigration even beleive that stuff? I mean really, I waited for him for almost 2 years to get here and then I kick him out in a month? give me a break. it had fraud written all over it and our system is really messed up cuz they allow him to stay. And THIS is why it is so friggin hard for the GENUINE couples to get approved, cuz of people like him.

People like him? You played a major role in this disaster as well. Wasnt it you that went to Nigeria ect? Took him back? Fraud written all over it? You wrote it and then couldnt read it?

Take responcibility for what you have done and move on. You provided another chance for one of these guys to run loose in the USA. All that while you reside in Ghana.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Lick your wounds and move on. This is EXACTLY why Nigeria is considered a high fraud country.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

People like him? You played a major role in this disaster as well. Wasnt it you that went to Nigeria ect? Took him back? Fraud written all over it? You wrote it and then couldnt read it?

Take responcibility for what you have done and move on. You provided another chance for one of these guys to run loose in the USA. All that while you reside in Ghana.

[/quote

very foolish comment. As if I knew I was being scammed. I didnt, till the #### was in my face, literally! Thanks for your contribution!

Filed: Timeline

I am really unhappy myself when i read your story...it shows how mean some people can be just because they want to come to the States...I wanted to reply or comment because he is a Nigerian and he is bring shame to an already damage identity....well not all people in Nigeria is bad...but they bad and desperate ones keep multiplying....not trying to go out of context but i believe that you should pursue whatever legal avenue which is available to you...to let the government know that you are the victim...i am really surprise that he was able to get his GC without the government hearing your own version of the story...to me it doesn't make sense...you just have to follow up and ask question on what ground were they able to grant him VAWA without taking your own side of the story....i will only advise you to find out what really happen and since your mind is not in that direction...there is the likelihood that he got few evidence while coming and going to support his claim. Well. just count your blessing and try to forget about him as a believe that he will someday meet his Waterloo.

Timeline

[/quote

very foolish comment. As if I knew I was being scammed. I didnt, till the #### was in my face, literally! Thanks for your contribution!

Foolish? Me?

I just copied one of the many aspects of your O P. Read this and then see a real fool at work. " This time for 3 weeks. He comes back, I let him back again". Again? Didnt know you were being scammed? It doesnt suprise me after I read all of this.

Here is another excerpt that shines a light on the parade of fools. " i spent all my savings on supporting him for 2 years by sending money to NIgeria thru western union weekly, going to Nigeria, filing the petition, paying for his visa, medical exams and to top it off, his plane ticket to come to the USA!! So yeah, i was kind of broke. And that's not to mention that he LEFT every other month too"!

I am sorry this happened but dont blame this all on " people like him".

Timeline

I am really unhappy myself when i read your story...it shows how mean some people can be just because they want to come to the States...I wanted to reply or comment because he is a Nigerian and he is bring shame to an already damage identity....well not all people in Nigeria is bad...but they bad and desperate ones keep multiplying....not trying to go out of context but i believe that you should pursue whatever legal avenue which is available to you...to let the government know that you are the victim...i am really surprise that he was able to get his GC without the government hearing your own version of the story...to me it doesn't make sense...you just have to follow up and ask question on what ground were they able to grant him VAWA without taking your own side of the story....i will only advise you to find out what really happen and since your mind is not in that direction...there is the likelihood that he got few evidence while coming and going to support his claim. Well. just count your blessing and try to forget about him as a believe that he will someday meet his Waterloo.

I think she has been to her Waterloo. That battle was lost because one side didnt understand the realilty of the situation where the fight was to take place. When one side engaged the other; was losing the fight, they continued to throw resources at the situation until it was too late to recover. It ended with the loser being sent to an island or in this case Ghana. The winner went on to live as a glorified hero supported by other people all his life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Foolish? Me?

I just copied one of the many aspects of your O P. Read this and then see a real fool at work. " This time for 3 weeks. He comes back, I let him back again". Again? Didnt know you were being scammed? It doesnt suprise me after I read all of this.

Here is another excerpt that shines a light on the parade of fools. " i spent all my savings on supporting him for 2 years by sending money to NIgeria thru western union weekly, going to Nigeria, filing the petition, paying for his visa, medical exams and to top it off, his plane ticket to come to the USA!! So yeah, i was kind of broke. And that's not to mention that he LEFT every other month too"!

I am sorry this happened but dont blame this all on " people like him".

People sometimes do things when under the influence of love that seem unwise to the average person. It seems to happen to women swooning over the endless love spell from men living in hot places and also to saggy old men that fall under the spell of some young thing making big over their little wrinkled pink willies. BS seems to be an immigration lubricant and the person that has been greased doesn't know it until too late. That doesn't mean that they would normally toss their money into a doomed relationship it just means they were out of their normal minds fro a bit.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He did file the VAWA thing. that is the only way he could've stayed without doing the process with me. He just conveniently waited til we married to start all the BS. HE told them things like I kicked him out, etc etc. Which is sooo soo untrue. And why would immigration even beleive that stuff? I mean really, I waited for him for almost 2 years to get here and then I kick him out in a month? give me a break. it had fraud written all over it and our system is really messed up cuz they allow him to stay. And THIS is why it is so friggin hard for the GENUINE couples to get approved, cuz of people like him.

All i can say is sorry and forgive him and move on with life and i bet you nature and his sins will caugth him,these are people that destroy not only the countries image but on others,his change in atitude was never until the marriage it was before he came to the state,this is who he is...am a nigerian living in qatar and my wife is usc unlike your case i paid and sponsored my wife to qatar then we got married,all finacial issue was on me and looking at US economy i personaly dont want to live there but my wife wants to be close to her family during our first child birth but i convinced her to stay here and i will take care of her,i have a good job here and she have offers here already i mean if a nigerian guy wants to marry a nigerian girl 'it is him spending and not the lady and thats how it is.my advice is if you ever fall for nigerian or any guy the red light is when you spend on him,ask any nigerian if woman marry man in their village? the answer is NO!.like i said,sorry and forgive him and let God do the rest. peace

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.