sainath

Mumbai Consulate Process

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJ members

i did call to DOS to find out that mumbai consulate received our file or not? They told me that mumbai consulate already send Packet 3 in mail/courier to my fiance although my fiance didn't get yet but i heard so many topics about packet 3 that even though DOS said that they send packet 3 i dnt want to trust and wait to receive packet 3 in mail and then fill that out ana send back to consulate.

first i was impressed that that send packet 3 already but i read topic saying they didn't receive evenafter waiting for month and i dnt want to delay the process.

pleas share your exp with us

Good luck everyone!

Jai Sairam!

Timeline

Hi VJ members

i did call to DOS to find out that mumbai consulate received our file or not? They told me that mumbai consulate already send Packet 3 in mail/courier to my fiance although my fiance didn't get yet but i heard so many topics about packet 3 that even though DOS said that they send packet 3 i dnt want to trust and wait to receive packet 3 in mail and then fill that out ana send back to consulate.

first i was impressed that that send packet 3 already but i read topic saying they didn't receive evenafter waiting for month and i dnt want to delay the process.

Good luck everyone!

Jai Sairam!

We are also going through Mumbai, and my fiancé received his packet 3 in like 7 days of them sending it to him in Hyderabad. I have also heard things about Mumbai but so far they have been right on time for us. I was told he could go to the Embassy in Mumbai and pick up the packet, but we didn’t have to do that…

Also when he gets his interview date make sure he is at the embassy between 4 and 5am in the morning the lines start forming then and if you are not in the building by 11am you will not get your interview that day…

Good luck and you can email me if you need to chat or anything at RachelTom051@gmail.com

Rachel & Tom <3

Timeline

Thank you Rachel and Tom

i am preparing those forms (correct me if something needed in checklist for packet 3 DS156, DS 230 part 1 and applicaiton statement and passport photo) and will send by email as it takes time and more money to go to mumbai consulate just to pick up or drop off for packet 3.

i read mumbai consulate interview exp here where ppl say that even if you stand in queue for 2 hours when it comes to security check they form 2 line (non-immigrant and immigrant)

But thank you so much for your valuable information

Good luck for your interview!! :yes:

Timeline

We are also going through Mumbai, and my fiancé received his packet 3 in like 7 days of them sending it to him in Hyderabad. I have also heard things about Mumbai but so far they have been right on time for us. I was told he could go to the Embassy in Mumbai and pick up the packet, but we didn’t have to do that…

Also when he gets his interview date make sure he is at the embassy between 4 and 5am in the morning the lines start forming then and if you are not in the building by 11am you will not get your interview that day…

Good luck and you can email me if you need to chat or anything at RachelTom051@gmail.com

By the when are you going to have interview?????????? i am hoping we can get interview date in OCT :innocent:

Edited by sainath

Timeline

Thank you Rachel and Tom

i am preparing those forms (correct me if something needed in checklist for packet 3 DS156, DS 230 part 1 and applicaiton statement and passport photo) and will send by email as it takes time and more money to go to mumbai consulate just to pick up or drop off for packet 3.

i read mumbai consulate interview exp here where ppl say that even if you stand in queue for 2 hours when it comes to security check they form 2 line (non-immigrant and immigrant)

But thank you so much for your valuable information

Good luck for your interview!! :yes:

your very welcome and thank you too =)

Rachel & Tom <3

Timeline

By the when are you going to have interview?????????? i am hoping we can get interview date in OCT :innocent:

We dont know when the interview day is yet =( he has to get the police report from the UK before we can get an inteview date? has you gotten an interview date yet?

Rachel & Tom <3

Timeline

We dont know when the interview day is yet =( he has to get the police report from the UK before we can get an inteview date? has you gotten an interview date yet?

no our petition got approved on 8-8-12 and we are going to submit packet 3 now and they already upload september interiview schedule on website so i am going to check oct interview schedule around 15 sep so before that i wan to submit packet 3 so they can give us appointment letter.

Timeline

no our petition got approved on 8-8-12 and we are going to submit packet 3 now and they already upload september interiview schedule on website so i am going to check oct interview schedule around 15 sep so before that i wan to submit packet 3 so they can give us appointment letter.

im in the US and hes in India... I sent him everything he needed from my side, so now we just wait for our final paperwork and then we will submit the packet... i pray soon we can do this ... good luck to you guys too.... i know we need every bit of luck we can get =)

Rachel & Tom <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJ members

Good luck everyone!

Jai Sairam!

Send packet 3 via email ASAP. Good luck :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

can anyone help me with packet 3 info.. do we need to send DS 2001, and I-134 form too. and to which email address we need to send the packet3???????

Edited by ahsima

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.