Thomas&Cleofe

Conspiracy theory...

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

apprently you got lucky.....the NVC operator just told me that I will not hear anything until at least September 15. But if all the appointment slots become full for October. Then I will wait until October 15 for November schedule.

Maybe I am lucky, but I am pretty sure you will get it tomorow if not today, and I will make a wild guess that your interview date will be October 2 or 3. :thumbs:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Each consulate has different queues. It is based on local traffic. People interviewing at your consulate who were finished before you in your category go before you, yes. I fail to see the conspiracy...

The "conspiracy" part was just for sensationalism....sorry about being so literal.

I did not mean to suggest there is a conspiracy....I was seeking peoples "theories" on this subject.

Timeline

Maybe I am lucky, but I am pretty sure you will get it tomorow if not today, and I will make a wild guess that your interview date will be October 2 or 3. :thumbs:

Then why did NVC just tell me 5 minutes ago that "they" will schedule our appointment the 2nd week of September for an October interview? But if October is full, "they" will try again the 2nd week of october for a November interview.

They only schedule IR-1/CR-1 applicants once a month.

If i remember right wasn't there a lot of flooding in Manila this past couple weeks and maybe they are trying to get that mess cleaned up first before they schedule any thing at the embassy? Just saying sometimes things out of our control cause delays in the process you might want to check that out!!!!

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

Timeline

If i remember right wasn't there a lot of flooding in Manila this past couple weeks and maybe they are trying to get that mess cleaned up first before they schedule any thing at the embassy? Just saying sometimes things out of our control cause delays in the process you might want to check that out!!!!

I already know about that....My wife lives just outside of Manila proper. That only caused 3 day delay with interview appointments.

I am referring to the fact that my visa category must wait....while other visa categories pass by and schedule their appointments.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already know about that....My wife lives just outside of Manila proper. That only caused 3 day delay with interview appointments.

I am referring to the fact that my visa category must wait....while other visa categories pass by and schedule their appointments.

I know that feeling, but I am the same visa category u have. i have IR1 and IR2.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

K-1 applicants go straight to the Embassy/ Consulates with a short stop at NVC while spouse visas stay at NVC until an interview date is assigned. The only conspiracy theory that may be valid is the fact that the spouse beneficiary will automatically receive a green card upon arrival in the US, so they make you wait a little longer. Whereas K-1 visa beneficiaries must adjust status to receive the conditional GC and pay more money. So, you wait less outside of the US, but pay more.

I am NOT saying I agree with this process. I'm just clarifying it.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

I can feel each of your fustrations and pain. The reason I chose the K-1 route was that I was given advice early in the game that K-1's were faster to process. I was also given a September interview date for my fiance, but I kept calling the UStraveldocs number and kept asking for an earlier date for my fiance's interview. Cancelations happen all the time. I was given an earlier interview date of August 17, 2012. Get the interview date and then call the UStraveldocs number and keep requesting an earlier interview date and I am sure that you will get an earlier interview date. I hope this gives some help. Good luck to each of you.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can feel each of your fustrations and pain. The reason I chose the K-1 route was that I was given advice early in the game that K-1's were faster to process. I was also given a September interview date for my fiance, but I kept calling the UStraveldocs number and kept asking for an earlier date for my fiance's interview. Cancelations happen all the time. I was given an earlier interview date of August 17, 2012. Get the interview date and then call the UStraveldocs number and keep requesting an earlier interview date and I am sure that you will get an earlier interview date. I hope this gives some help. Good luck to each of you.

They're able to do that b/c the Embassy/ Consulate has the case. Spouse visas is different: NVC keeps it until they find an available date. Applicants may call requesting for earlier dates, but they must call NVC diligently.

That happened to me as well. I called the US Embassy in Cairo tirelessly and they ended up giving me an interview date a month after they had our case ready. A lot of people canceled due to the revolution.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

I know many IR-1/CR-1 applicants feeling this pain.

So, can somebody please explain this to me as if I were a 3 year old?

We are finished at NVC, but are told that we must wait at NVC because no interview slots are open for August or September.

So as we wait there, now I see that all the interview slots for October are filling fast.

So we will wait at NVC another month because October filled up????

Then as we wait some more all the interview slots for November fill up..???

Is this an indefinate process for an IR-1/CR-1 applicant...???.... :crying:

Just curious . Is the CR1 and K1 process similar as far as the USEM goes ? Can you not call NVC and get the case number and sent date ? And then scedule the interview by calling the USEM ? We never recieved an appointmentletter from NVC and did not recieve an interview " packet" from USEM until our visa was already in hand. just wondering...

Timeline

Just curious . Is the CR1 and K1 process similar as far as the USEM goes ? Can you not call NVC and get the case number and sent date ? And then scedule the interview by calling the USEM ? We never recieved an appointmentletter from NVC and did not recieve an interview " packet" from USEM until our visa was already in hand. just wondering...

Noooooo......The 2 visa types are totally different...almost opposite in how they are processed. CR-1 visa applicants have no control over how or when there interview is scheduled.

I have seen some k-1 applicants have their interview scheduled within 15 days of receiveing NOA2....for me, I am looking at a minimum of 100 days from NOA2 to having interview scheduled. Could be longer if no dates are available.

Edited by David&Goliath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The IRS should be handling Immigration, they would get the job done. When it comes to LEGAL Immigration, there is no first come first serve, no line, no reason for delay, we do not even exist in there little Kingdom, they have no one to answer to.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Unfortunately this is a wait and see game sometimes.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two posts violating TOS have been removed. You are not allowed to make personal attacks on other posters, regardless of the provocation. Any further inappropriate comments will lead to a thread ban of the poster involved.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

time during the wait at NVC seems to move far more slowly than even the drip drip drip of time at the uscis. i thought this - the ncv - would be the fast part, so now that it is NOT :blink: , it seems twice as slow. slower, even. i fear i will not see my husband until after our first anniversary, if it is true that we must wait for the end of september in the hope of an october interview date, but if october fills up, then must wait for the end of october in the hope of a late november date. i have to remember to count myself very lucky indeed that my husband can immigrate here at all, since for so many couples, including same-sex couples, it is unfairly not an option.

Heather, San Francisco, CA - USC Petitioner, for Peter, UK Beneficiary

CR-1 Visa Timeline Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage: December 8, 2011

USCIS

01/07/2012: I-130 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox:

Service Center: California Service Center

01/13/2012 I-130 NOA1

05/22/2012: I-130 NOA2: APPROVED! (Approved 130 days from the NOA1 date)

09/05/2012: via phone: "Case complete"

10/17/2012: Interview date assigned.

U.S Embassy London

09/17/2012: Case received.

10/21/2012: Medical.

10/26/2012: Interview: APPROVED "Your visa has been approved. You're good to go.".

11/01/2012: Visa in hand.

11/04/2012: Port of entry: San Francisco

Note: Social Security card came one week after POE

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.