61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Why are you posting conflicting messages here......... http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ this website, the K1 is listed under immigrant visa and the reply you had is for NON-IMMIGRANT visa, you need to send or chat with whoever you are chatting with under LagosIV@state.gov.......... Listen the best thing for you and for the interest of everyone reading this thread to do is if you are ABLE and successful to schedule you own appointment that will be awesome, then you will educate the K1ers up in here on how to do it.....

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Filed: Timeline

Why are you posting conflicting messages here......... http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ this website, the K1 is listed under immigrant visa and the reply you had is for NON-IMMIGRANT visa, you need to send or chat with whoever you are chatting with under LagosIV@state.gov.......... Listen the best thing for you and for the interest of everyone reading this thread to do is if you are ABLE and successful to schedule you own appointment that will be awesome, then you will educate the K1ers up in here on how to do it.....

Clearly my postings makes you uncomfortable. May I suggest that you the username Gowon to your ignore user list?

I and only I decide what is best for me, not you. I am merely sharing information as I find it and I never once told anyone to follow my example. In fact I repeatedly caution others to investigate properly and that is probably in everyone best interest.

"Although a K-1 visa is legally classified as a non-immigrant visa, it usually leads to important immigration benefits and is therefore often processed by the Immigrant Visa section of United States embassies and consulates worldwide." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-1_visa

"The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas." - http://travel.state....types_2994.html

The only valid suggestion on your retort is to report back on the success, of which I am sure, or lack thereof of setting an appointment. Trust me I will do just that as I had promised earlier on.

Edited by Gowon

Timeline

Clearly my postings makes you uncomfortable. May I suggest that you the username Gowon to your ignore user list?

I and only I decide what is best for me, not you. I am merely sharing information as I find it and I never once told anyone to follow my example. In fact I repeatedly caution others to investigate properly and that is probably in everyone best interest.

"Although a K-1 visa is legally classified as a non-immigrant visa, it usually leads to important immigration benefits and is therefore often processed by the Immigrant Visa section of United States embassies and consulates worldwide." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-1_visa

"The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas." - http://travel.state....types_2994.html

The only valid suggestion on your retort is to report back on the success, of which I am sure, or lack thereof of setting an appointment. Trust me I will do just that as I had promised earlier on.

yes i know K1 is categorically under a non-immigrant visa, and it will be processed under the immigrant visa category at the embassy, that is why i said you should send chat or send an email to LagosIV@state,gov for better answers

and Of course you are clearly letting everyone know that you a K1 can schedule their interview........... and basically you haven't concluded that its possible

and yes i will REPEAT what i said earlier on for the benefit of people reading this thread DO NOT conclude that one can schedule their own interview until you are successful in doing it.

Am a HAPPY AND CHEERFUL PERSON and FYI AM NOT UNCOMFORTABLE with your posts okay tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Edited by winnie george

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

i'm like woooooow.. soo much for my brain to proccess.. that seems like way cool.. the pick your own date.. I asked my fiancee to log on and read this..so we can make a decision.. anyway I still trying to figure the DHL thing.. i'm glad to here that your proactive.. You know us there ain't a system that can't eventually be found another entry or exit.. well thanks for the info.. from everyone..

peace,

Chi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The waybill is something that another user on here found to track our petitions from NVC (National Visa Center) to the Lagos Embassy. A fatanstic piece of dectective work really. uch kudos to "TrueJourney (sp)".

So after you submit your I-129F to Texas service center, you can track it by when your payment has been cashed.

Then it get's sent to either Vermont or California at USCIS, i fyou create a profile at USCIS website you can monitor the activity of the processing there adn know when it has been approved. I fyou fill out an optional form they can also email and SMS you when it is either approved or they need more information.

When it is approved, USCIS sents the petition package to National VIsa Center. For us as K1, they do not do anything other than to package the petition and ship it off to the Embassy. IR1/CR/1 gets more interaction at NVC so that was a point of confusion for me in the beginning. In actuality NVC may be doing some work behing the scene work on our petition but nothing that we K1s have to worry about.

So after you get this waybill number (by going to DHL.Com website), you can then track your petition from NVC to Lagos Embassy and you will know when exactly your petition gets to the Embassy.

For example our petition got there today and so for sure tomorrow they should have it in their system.

I'm working on a flowchart that I will post later that will make it hopefully more clearer.

Now that OP and I know that our petitiion is in Lagos she can wait for the Embassy to send her a letter with a the next set of forms and I think an interview date or alternatively like I am doing, I have prepared all those forms ahead of time, shipped them to my Fiancee and she is ready if I am successful in self setting an appointment date. I beleive that if I am successful that I will get a letter confirming that and we can take that to get the medical. Medical needs a letter from the Embassy as far as I am aware.

I hope that I did not make it more confusing than it really is.

No you did not confuse me...In fact again I thank you so much for all the information......i am soaking it it all in.......:yes:

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

yes i know K1 is categorically under a non-immigrant visa, and it will be processed under the immigrant visa category at the embassy, that is why i said you should send chat or send an email to LagosIV@state,gov for better answers

and Of course (1) you are clearly letting everyone know that you a K1 can schedule their interview........... and basically you haven't concluded that its possible

and (2) yes i will REPEAT what i said earlier on for the benefit of people reading this thread DO NOT conclude that one can schedule their own interview until you are successful in doing it.

Am a HAPPY AND CHEERFUL PERSON and FYI AM NOT UNCOMFORTABLE with your posts okay tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Visa.JPG

(1) Did you miss this? This came from a third party vendor of the United States of America - State Department, not Gowon.

(2) Excellent. I too will always add that disclaimer as I have been doing all along. I merely present the results of my search and backed by irrefutable official evidences.

Timeline

Visa.JPG

(1) Did you miss this? This came from a third party vendor of the United States of America - State Department, not Gowon.

(2) Excellent. I too will always add that disclaimer as I have been doing all along. I merely present the results of my search and backed by irrefutable official evidences.

Until you schedule the interview yourself then i will be happy it worked, BUT as for now IT'S NOT A FACT

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

Gowon, you have done a fabulous job of researching! Can't wait to see if this works. It will help so many K1's in the future if it is possible. Love the disclaimer also. You present your research, yet make no claims other than what the website provides. To continue arguing over this seems futile to me, as you have made your disclaimer. Before you posted this information, I too had heard that K1's can schedule their own, yet had never seen evidence of it. To each our own, so the saying goes. As for scheduling, you will have to wait until your petition has been received and logged by Lagos, which according to an email I received, they are backed up right now, and receive/log in the order they arrive. I claim NO truth to my statement, only relaying the message, so please dont jump down my throat anyone, soooo not in the mood for it today.

Please keep us updated, as this will be very valuable if its possible! :)

TracyJo

Until you schedule the interview yourself then i will be happy it worked, BUT as for now IT'S NOT A FACT

That's the thing I never stated that it was a fact. I just presented evidence from official souorces and you seem to have an issue with that.

Winnie, I am certain that even if it worked you will just present another red herring.

I will now take my own advice and add you to my ignore user filter. You have added nothing of any worthiness to my purpose here on VJ other than thinly veiled accusations.

Adios and good luck on your journey :thumbs:

Gowon, you have done a fabulous job of researching! Can't wait to see if this works. It will help so many K1's in the future if it is possible. Love the disclaimer also. You present your research, yet make no claims other than what the website provides. To continue arguing over this seems futile to me, as you have made your disclaimer. Before you posted this information, I too had heard that K1's can schedule their own, yet had never seen evidence of it. To each our own, so the saying goes. As for scheduling, you will have to wait until your petition has been received and logged by Lagos, which according to an email I received, they are backed up right now, and receive/log in the order they arrive. I claim NO truth to my statement, only relaying the message, so please dont jump down my throat anyone, soooo not in the mood for it today.

Please keep us updated, as this will be very valuable if its possible! :)

You're absolutely right. I'm done actually.

I've heard the same thing about the delays and based on my data it affects IR1/CR1 folks more than K1, but we'll see.

What do you think is a good time frame to give the Embassy to do the receiving/logging?

I'm always willing to learn and try new things.

Good luck to all of us waiting.

Timeline

You're absolutely right. I'm done actually.

I've heard the same thing about the delays and based on my data it affects IR1/CR1 folks more than K1, but we'll see.

What do you think is a good time frame to give the Embassy to do the receiving/logging?

I'm always willing to learn and try new things.

Good luck to all of us waiting.

I have no clue as to the timeline for receiving/logging other than they were backed up. It has been almost a month since mine was mailed to them.......and they have to schedule our interview. So waiting, waiting with no worries :)I just email them once a week to check, as I have heard of missed appointments due to internet not being reliable for delivery of date via email.

TracyJo

Timeline

That's the thing I never stated that it was a fact. I just presented evidence from official souorces and you seem to have an issue with that.

Winnie, I am certain that even if it worked you will just present another red herring.

I will now take my own advice and add you to my ignore user filter. You have added nothing of any worthiness to my purpose here on VJ other than thinly veiled accusations.

Adios and good luck on your journey :thumbs:

ohhhh yes 'literally' you claim its possible from what you have been posting up here, and my point to you is schedule the interview yourself and let us know, than jumping into conclusion that it works because you are chatting with whoever...... and yeah i got to chat with someone and i had a different answer

Gowon please you don't know me and am here in VJ for a purpose, i love seeing, and hearing great news, am not a sadist.... so dont tell me that 'EVEN IF IT WORKS I WILL PRESENT ANOTHER RED HERRING',

Am soooo happy your taking your own advice to ignore me kicking.gifkicking.gif

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOOgood.gifgood.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.