61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So far I've been able to set up a profile using and confirming all K1 stuff. Just need passport info to proceed. I'll chat with them online tomorrow and report back.

I know you've been through the process before and I recognize that but these things changes and the process is not cast in stone.

Ok Good luck with that

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

This is what we're doing. You might want to confirm with the others but mostly a lot of IR1/CR1 currently through Lagos.

Now that petition is headed to Lagos (I gave NVC my number and email as well as beneficiarys email and number) allegedly they will be making contact with the bene in Nigeria but I am being very proactive.

I have filed out forms

• DS-230
  • DS-156 in duplicate
  • DS-156K
  • I-134
  • I-797 (NOA2)
  • Letter from my employer
  • IRS tax account transcript for 2011, 2010, 2009
  • Copies of past 6 months pay check
  • Letter of intent

To establish ongoing relationship

• Post NOA1 RebTel phone records (they already have pre petition copies)
  • Post NOA1 AT&T phone records (they already have pre petition copies)
  • Copies of Western Union transfers on a monthly basis for Fiancee for her care (customary in my culture - hopefully we don't get a greenhorn to Nigeria CO)
  • Copies of money transfer from my bank account in Nigeria to my Fiancee
  • Copies of shipping documents and packages to my Fiancee
  • Picture of post petition period, really haven't been back to Nigeria since I filed (just 3 months ago - hopefully CO will recognize most American working stiffs can't just lollygag flying around the world), basically pictures of her pictures in my condo and my car personalized plate with her name. They already have maybe 50 pictures of us pre petition showing us together in Lagos, Ibadan, Ijebu Ode, her with my Mum and almost all of my siblings,,,,,,,, and me with her Mum and her siblings.

For her to do:

• Go to police departement in Ibadan to get police clearance (N7,000 - 3 days), sure you can get it in Lagos maybe cheaper and faster but she shares my distate for Lagos.
  • Wait for letter/package from Embassy so that she can then go to Lagos for the medical
  • Then it's another waiting game for the interview date - but we're immune now - lol

I already set up a profile on the US Travel website I referenced earlier and intend to make our appointment on there once I have her pasport information (you may want to seek and heed guidance form others on that as I like running with scissors).

One advice is to have your Fiance approach an educated/travelled person family/friend and have them grill him to answer questions about you. Those questions that I've read on here that they ask folks. How did you meet, where, when, when did you get engaged, how, what work do you do, where do you live, blah, blah

One thing for me to do is if it kills me I need to learn why the NVC DHL tracking scheme is not working for me.

Good luck

Thanks,

Chi

Timeline

One thing for me to do is if it kills me I need to learn why the NVC DHL tracking scheme is not working for me.

Try entering the date of the day before they gave you as shipped date, when you enter your info into the DHL system. It works, and it took me several days and tries to figure it out myself, lol.

Congratulations to all whose petitions are on their way to Lagos! :)

TracyJo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance::thumbs::dance:

Charles & Eun Hee's Timeline

Our Story
7/18/2010 Arrived in Korea and started my new job the next day
11/3/2010 First met at work!
1/25/2011 Became a couple
11/3/2011 Proposed <--- She said yes!
4/21/2012 I came back to America after spending almost 2 years in Korea, she came to visit for a month
5/22/2012 She went back to Korea
7/23-28/2012 Visited South Korea to see her

USCIS/NVC
2/17/2012 Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox
2/23/2012 NOA1 --> Vermont Service Center
8/15/2012 NOA2 (174 days)
8/18/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
8/27/2012 Received case number
8/29/2012 Left NVC for Seoul Embassy
9/4/2012 Received and signed by Seoul Embassy, 12:17 PM Local Time
9/6/2012 E-Packet 3 Received via email
10/13/2012 Medical
11/1/2012 Interview *APPROVED*
11/12/2012 POE - JFK, NY
12/3/2012 Married!!!

AOS
12/26/2012 Sent I-485 and EAD (I-765) to Chicago Lockbox
1/2/2013 NOA1
1/25/2013 Biometrics Appointment
2/25/2013 EAD (I-765) Approved
3/7/2013 EAD (I-765) Received

4/18/2013 AP (I-131) Sent

4/24/2013 NOA1

4/30/2013 AP (I-131 Approved)

5/4/2013 AP (I-131) Received

9/24/2013 NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As promised, copy of chat transcript of this morning with Embassy rep.

Visa.JPG

So there you go. YMMV.

WOW intercative in Nigeria. Now thats something their. Man schedule your own appointment. I wonder why for K1 and not IR1/CR1 and when do you get to scheduke soon as they enter you in their system or now or what?

Congratulations nonetheless.

This is what we're doing. You might want to confirm with the others but mostly a lot of IR1/CR1 currently through Lagos.

Now that petition is headed to Lagos (I gave NVC my number and email as well as beneficiarys email and number) allegedly they will be making contact with the bene in Nigeria but I am being very proactive.

I have filed out forms

• DS-230
  • DS-156 in duplicate
  • DS-156K
  • I-134
  • I-797 (NOA2)
  • Letter from my employer
  • IRS tax account transcript for 2011, 2010, 2009
  • Copies of past 6 months pay check
  • Letter of intent

To establish ongoing relationship

• Post NOA1 RebTel phone records (they already have pre petition copies)
  • Post NOA1 AT&T phone records (they already have pre petition copies)
  • Copies of Western Union transfers on a monthly basis for Fiancee for her care (customary in my culture - hopefully we don't get a greenhorn to Nigeria CO)
  • Copies of money transfer from my bank account in Nigeria to my Fiancee
  • Copies of shipping documents and packages to my Fiancee
  • Picture of post petition period, really haven't been back to Nigeria since I filed (just 3 months ago - hopefully CO will recognize most American working stiffs can't just lollygag flying around the world), basically pictures of her pictures in my condo and my car personalized plate with her name. They already have maybe 50 pictures of us pre petition showing us together in Lagos, Ibadan, Ijebu Ode, her with my Mum and almost all of my siblings,,,,,,,, and me with her Mum and her siblings.

For her to do:

• Go to police departement in Ibadan to get police clearance (N7,000 - 3 days), sure you can get it in Lagos maybe cheaper and faster but she shares my distate for Lagos.
  • Wait for letter/package from Embassy so that she can then go to Lagos for the medical
  • Then it's another waiting game for the interview date - but we're immune now - lol

I already set up a profile on the US Travel website I referenced earlier and intend to make our appointment on there once I have her pasport information (you may want to seek and heed guidance form others on that as I like running with scissors).

One advice is to have your Fiance approach an educated/travelled person family/friend and have them grill him to answer questions about you. Those questions that I've read on here that they ask folks. How did you meet, where, when, when did you get engaged, how, what work do you do, where do you live, blah, blah

Good luck

My goodness you syre do like running with scissors. So thorough you are. Man you go get your baby. Have fun. Look forward to celebrating the good news soon.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Not according to this http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ though I am still doing research on that so it's not definite. I will open a chat session with the Embassy now and report back.

One thing that still confuses me is I am seeing K1 listed under both IV and NIV.

Gowon that is not the Embassy website. Nigeria you can not scedule your own interview. That is a Visa site you are linking here and the conversation you had was not with a government employee.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

As promised, copy of chat transcript of this morning with Embassy rep.

Visa.JPG

So there you go. YMMV.

woowwwww that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy to know about this

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

woowwwww that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy to know about this

This is the offical website of US Embassy In Nigeria. http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/

Here is the link to applying for VISA and applointments. The onky appointments you can scedule yourself are Non-Immigration Visa. Not that anyone here will need this just don't want people to get all excited for something that isn't happeningfor Nigeria. Very Very few countries K1's get to schedule.

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_appointmnent_instructions.html for non-immigration only

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Timeline

Gowon that is not the Embassy website. Nigeria you can not scedule your own interview. That is a Visa site you are linking here and the conversation you had was not with a government employee.

Folks, please see my previous disclaimer, this is what "I" am doing and like stated I do like running with scissors.

Visa.png

The website is linked off of The United States Embassy website. Possibly they are a contract company but they are fully vetted by the State Department. All the research that I have personally done leads me to belive that yes I can schedule my own appointment for a K1 visa, the proof this morning was just to show what "I" already know. I have also emailed the embassy.

Like I told OP she should check with others but this is what I am doing.

PS: The most confusing thing to me is that their is a higher percentage of IR1/CR1 in Nigeria, they have different paths and that confused me greatly but I am all clear now.

Good luck to all of us regardless of what path we take. I just need that letter from them so I can do the medical.

Timeline

Folks, please see my previous disclaimer, this is what "I" am doing and like stated I do like running with scissors.

Visa.png

The website is linked off of The United States Embassy website. Possibly they are a contract company but they are fully vetted by the State Department. All the research that I have personally done leads me to belive that yes I can schedule my own appointment for a K1 visa, the proof this morning was just to show what "I" already know. I have also emailed the embassy.

PS: The most confusing thing to me is that their is a higher percentage of IR1/CR1 in Nigeria, they have different paths and that confused me greatly but I am all clear now.

Good luck to all of us regardless of what path we take. I just need that letter from them so I can do the medical.

I know its a legit site but can you please look at what you circle. DS-160 has nothing to do with a K1 Visa. They can schedule their own. I guanatee you you were not interactive talking to the embassy directly.

this is from the embassies website. Please let us know what you find. I would love to be corrected and people be able to scheduke their own appointment. I just find it odd that you are the only person who has mentioned you can schedule your own interview.

Fiance/Fiancee visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you to schedule your appointment. If you have questions on your appointment date, you should email <A href="mailto:LagosIV@state.gov">LagosIV@state.gov. Appointments will be scheduled within four months of the approval date listed on your documentation from the Department of Homeland Security. [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)" PDF 357KB]

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Visa.png

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT for K1..................... DS-160 is not needed for K1

This is the offical website of US Embassy In Nigeria. http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/

Here is the link to applying for VISA and applointments. The onky appointments you can scedule yourself are Non-Immigration Visa. Not that anyone here will need this just don't want people to get all excited for something that isn't happeningfor Nigeria. Very Very few countries K1's get to schedule.

http://nigeria.usemb...structions.html for non-immigration only

This the website am used too though for Nigerians

Edited by winnie george

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.